Roger Waters Biography
Roger Waters is an English songwriter, singer, bassist, and composer. He is a co-founder of the progressive rock band Pink Floyd with drummer Nick Mason, keyboardist Richard Wright, and guitarist, singer, and songwriter Syd Barrett.
Roger Waters Pink Floyd | Roger Waters Band
Pink Floyd was an English rock band that was co-founded by Waters with fellow student friends Syd Barrett on guitar and lead vocals, Nick Mason on drums and Richard Wright on keyboards and vocals, in London in 1965.
The band achieved international acclaim with their progressive and psychedelic music. Distinguished by their use of philosophical lyrics, sonic experimentation, extended compositions, and elaborate live shows. They are one of the most commercially successful and influential groups in popular music history.
Roger Waters Albums
- The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking (Released on 30th April 1984)
- Radio K.A.O.S. (Released on 15th June 1987)
- Amused to Death (Released on 1 September 1992)
- Is This the Life We Really Want? (Released on 2 June 2017)
- Ça Ira (Released on 4 October 2005)
- Flickering Flame: The Solo Years Volume 1 (Released on 30 April 2002)
- The Wall – Live in Berlin (Released on 21 August 1990)
- In the Flesh – Live (Released on 5 December 2000)
- Roger Waters: The Wall (Released on 20 November 2015)
Roger Waters Songs
- 1984 5:01 am (The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking)
- 1984 5:06 am (Every Stranger’s Eyes)
- 1985 4:41 am (Sexual Revolution)
- 1987 Radio Waves
- In 1987 Sunset Strip
- 1987 The Tide Is Turning (After Live Aid)
- 1988 Who Needs Information
- 1990 Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2) (with Cyndi Lauper)
- 1990 The Tide Is Turning (with Joni Mitchell, Cyndi Lauper, Bryan Adams, Van Morrison and Paul Carrack)
- 1992 What God Wants, Part 1
- 1992 The Bravery of Being Out of Range
- 1993 Three Wishes
- 2002 Perfect Sense, Part 1 & 2 (Live)
- 2002 Each Small Candle (Live)
- 2002 Breathe (In the Air) (Live)
- 2004 To Kill the Child/Leaving Beirut
- 2007 Hello (I Love You) (Waters & Howard Shore)
- 2010 We Shall Overcome
- 2015 Comfortably Numb (Live)
- 2015 In the Flesh? (live)
- 2017 Smell The Roses
- 2017 Déjà Vu
- 2017 The Last Refugee
- 2017 Wait for Her
Roger Waters In The Flesh
This is a two-disc Roger Waters’ live album that captures his performances during In the Flesh three-year tour. It is also considered as the tour of the album “Amused to Death” since it the first time he played songs from the album.
Release date: 5 December 2000
Producer: James Guthrie
Label: Columbia Records
Genres: Rock, Progressive rock, Psychedelic rock
Roger Waters Amused To Death
Amused to Death is Waters’ third studio album. He began working on it in 1987 and it was released in 1992. A remastered remix that he worked on with James Guthrie was released in 2015.
Release date: 7 September 1992
Label: Columbia Records
Awards: Grammy Award for Best Surround Sound Album
Producers: Patrick Leonard, Roger Waters
Genres: Rock, Progressive rock
Roger Waters New Album
The Soldier’s Tale – Narrated by Roger Waters 2018
Release date: 26 October 2018
Label: Sony Classical Records
The album has 46 songs. Some of them include:
- The Soldier’s Tale – Narrated by Waters: Part I: The Soldiers March
- The Soldier’s Tale – Narrated by Waters: Part I: The Soldier is Tired
- Airs by a Stream – Narrated by Waters in Part I of The Soldier’s Tale
Roger Waters Age
He was born on 6 September 1943, in Great Bookham, Surrey, England. He is 76 years old as of 2019.
Roger Waters Family
He is the younger of two boys, to Mary (née Whyte; 1913–2009) and Eric Fletcher Waters (1914–1944). His father was was a schoolteacher, as well as a devout Christian and a Communist Party member.
Roger Waters Wife
Waters married Judy Trim, his childhood sweetheart in 1969. She was a successful potter who had featured on the gatefold sleeve of the original release of Ummagumma but excised from subsequent CD reissues. The couple, however, divorced in 1975 and had no children. Trim passed on in 2001.
In 1976, Waters married again, this time to Lady Carolyne Christie, the niece of the 3rd Marquess of Zetland: Lawrence Aldred Mervyn Dundas. The two divorced in 1992 and have two children together. His son Harry Waters is a musician who has been playing keyboards with his father’s touring band since 2002, while his daughter, India Waters has worked as a model.
In 1993, he married Priscilla Phillips with whom he has one son, Jack Fletcher. Their marriage also ended in 2001. He became engaged to Laurie Durning, an actress and filmmaker. The pair got married on 14th January 2012 and filed for divorce in September 2015.
Roger Waters Children
The English songwriter has three children: two sons – Harry Waters and Jack Fletcher and a daughter, India Waters
Roger Waters Tour Dates | Roger Waters Concert | Roger Waters Us And Them Tour
For tickets to the concerts. click here.
Roger Waters Facebook
Roger Waters Twitter
Roger Waters Instagram
Roger Waters Live
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.