Sam Smith Biography
Sam Smith (Samuel Frederick Smith) was born on 19th May 1992 in London, United Kingdom. He is an English singer-songwriter. He rose to fame in October 2012 when he was featured on Disclosure’s breakthrough single “Latch”, which peaked at number eleven on the UK Singles Chart.
Sam Smith Career
Sam Smith was an alumnus of Youth Music Theatre UK and starred in their 2007 production of “Oh! Carol”. He studied singing and songwriting under jazz pianist Joanna Eden. He attended St Mary’s Catholic School in Bishop’s Stortford. He was a member of the Bishop’s Stortford Junior Operatics (now Bishops Stortford Musical Theatre Society) and the Cantate Youth Choir.
He was featured on the Disclosure song “Latch”, which was released on 8 October 2012 and peaked at No. 11 on the UK Singles Chart. In February 2013, he released the first single from his debut album, “Lay Me Down”. He was also featured on Naughty Boy’s single “La La La”. It was released on 19 May 2013 and peaked at No. 1 on the UK Singles Chart. The same year, he released his first EP Nirvana consisting of four tracks.
On 26th May 2014 he released his debut studio album ‘In The Lonely Hour’ through Capitol Records.He describes the album as “all about unrequited love” because he has never been loved back by any of his love interests.
Sam Smith Albums
- 2017: The Thrill of It All
- 2015: The Lost Tapes – Remixed
- 2014: In the Lonely Hour
- 2013: Nirvana, EP
- 2013: Money on My Mind, EP.
Sam Smith Songs
- Too Good at Goodbyes
- Stay with Me
- I’m Not the Only One
- Lay Me Down
- Writing’s on the Wall
- Like I Can
- Money on My Mind
- Leave Your Lover
- Make It to Me
- Not in That Way
- I’ve Told You Now
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
- How Will I Know
- Safe With Me
- Life Support
- Drowning Shadows
- Good Thing
- Reminds Me of You
- Love Is a Losing Game
- When It’s Alright
- A Little Melancholy
- Little Tin Buddhas
- Fast Car
- Momentarily Mine
- Bad Day All Week
- All This Madness
- So Much More to Lose
- Show a Little Mercy
Sam Smith Awards
- 2016: Academy Award for Best Original Song, Writing’s on the wall
- 2016: Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song, Writing’s on the wall.
- 2015: Grammy Award for Song of the Year, Stay with me
- 2015: Grammy Award for Best New Artist
- 2015: Brit Award for British Breakthrough Act
- 2015: Billboard Music Award for Top Male Artist
- 2015: Billboard Music Award for Top New Artist
- 2015: Brit Global Success Award
- 2015: Billboard Music Award for Top Radio Songs Artist
- 2015: BET Award for Best New Artist
- 2015: Juno Award for International Album of the Year
- 2015: Grammy Award for Record of the Year
- 2014: Brit Award for Critics’ Choice
- 2014: American Music Award for Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist
- 2014: Young Hollywood Award for Breakout Artist
- 2015: NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Duo or Group, Stay with Me
- 2015: iHeartRadio Music Award for Best New Artist
- 2015: YouTube Music Award
Sam Smith New Song
- He released his new song ‘Too Good at Goodbyes’ in 2017
Sam Smith Boyfriend
In May 2014 Sam Smith came out to the public as gay. He dated actor and model Jonathan Zeizel but they later broke up.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.