Simon Cowell Biography
Simon Cowell (Simon Phillip Cowell) was born on 7th October 1959 in Lambeth, London, United Kingdom. He is an English reality television judge and producer, entrepreneur, and philanthropist.
Simon Cowell Education Background
Simon Cowell attended Radlett Preparatory School and the independent Dover College,but left after taking GCE O levels.He passed English Language and Literature, and then attended Windsor Technical College, where he gained another GCE in Sociology.
Simon Cowell Career
Simon Cowell father was an executive at EMI Music Publishing and he got him a job in the mall room. In the early 1980s, he left EMI to form E&S Music with his former boss at EMI, but quit in 1983. He then formed Fanfare Records with Iain Burton, initially selling exercise videos, and music from acts such as the Italian orchestra Rondò Veneziano.
In 1986 he had his first hit song with “So Macho” by Sinitta. In 1989, the company went under and he nearly became bankrupt.He got a job with BMG as an A&R consultant, and set up S Records under BMG.
He restarted his career in the music business by creating novelty records with acts such as the puppets Zig and Zag, Power Rangers, and World Wrestling Federation. In 1995 he signed two actors Robson Green and Jerome Flynn from the UK television drama series Soldier Soldier and they recorded the song “Unchained Melody”, which they had performed on the show. The song reached number 1 in the UK, staying at the top of the chart for seven weeks. It became the best selling single of 1995, and their self-titled album released later in the year also became the best-selling album of 1995.
Simon Cowell Idol Franchise and II Divo
In 2001 Simon Cowell was given the role of judge on the first series of Pop Idol. Cowell’s S Records signed the top two finishers of the first season of Pop Idol, Will Young and Gareth Gates, both of whom went on to have No 1 UK hits, which were the top 2 best-selling singles of 2002, as well as that of top 2 of the decade of 2000s.
In 2002 Simon Cowell became a judge on the first season of American Idol in 2002. He appeared on the one-off World Idol programme in 2003. In 2003, Cowell placed No 33 on Channel 4’s list of the all-time 100 Worst Britons.
Simon Cowell formed a company ‘Syco’, which is divided into three units – Syco Music, Syco TV and Syco Film. Cowell returned to music with his latest brainchild signed to Syco, the internationally successful operatic pop group Il Divo, consisting of three opera singers and one pop singer of four different nationalities. Inspired by the success of Il Divo, Simon created a child version, Angelis, beating competition from similar groups emerging at Christmas 2006.
In 2004 with Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh, Cowell was a judge on the first series of the British television music competition The X Factor, which he created using his production company, Syco TV. The X Factor was an instant success with the viewers and enjoyed its tenth series in 2013.
Leona Lewis, the winner of the third series of The X Factor, was signed to Cowell’s label Syco and has had number one singles and album sales around the world. Cowell returned for a fourth series on 18 August 2007 alongside Osbourne, Walsh and new judge, Dannii Minogue
On 11th January 2010, Cowell’s exit from American Idol was made official.The 2010 season was Cowell’s last on the show. He was replaced by Steven Tyler. It was also announced that FOX had acquired the rights to The X Factor USA, an American version of Cowell’s British show, The X Factor, which began in
Simon Cowell Got Talent
Following the success of the Idol and X Factor franchises, Cowell, his company Syco, and its business partners developed a talent show format open to performers of any kind, not only singers, but also dancers, instrumentalists, magicians, comedians, novelty acts, and so on. Simon Cowell is the executive producer of America’s Got Talent, which debuted in June 2006, along with Fremantle producers of the Idol series, but for some time he did not appear on the show due to the terms of his contract with Fox.
Britain’s Got Talent debuted on ITV in June 2007. Cowell appeared as a judge alongside Amanda Holden and Piers Morgan. The show was a ratings success and second and third seasons followed in 2008 and 2009. The third series featured a publicity coup when Susan Boyle made a global media impact comparable to that of any previous talent show series winner with her regional audition performance.
In 2015, Cowell launched La Banda, his first US show since his stint with X Factor USA. The show, designed to find male singers to form the “ultimate Latino Boy Band,” launched on Univision in the US on 13 September 2015. Cowell was announced as the replacement for Howard Stern on America’s Got Talent on 22 October 2015.
Simon Cowell Age
Simon Cowell was born on 7th October 1959 in Lambeth, London, United Kingdom.
Simon Cowell Philanthropy
Simon Cowell is a patron of Together for Short Lives, the leading UK charity for all children with life-threatening and life-limiting conditions. He was patron of Children’s Hospices UK between 2009 and 2011 before it merged to become Together for Short Lives. He also supports animal rights and has appeared in a video for PETA in which he reminds drivers of the cruelty to animals that can occur when their pets are locked in cars in the summer. He donated money to Manchester Dogs’ Home in England after it was hit by a large fire.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Simon Cowell Honours
- In 2004 and 2010 he was named by ‘Time’ as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
- In 2008 he was ranked 6th on the list of the “100 most powerful people in British culture” by ‘Telegraph’.
- In 2012, Cowell featured in the BBC Radio 4 series The New Elizabethans to mark the diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II. A panel of seven academics, journalists and historians named Cowell among the group of people in the UK “whose actions during the reign of Elizabeth II have had a significant impact on lives in these islands and given the age its character”.
Where was Simon Cowell born
Simon Cowell was born on 7th October 1959 in Lambeth, London, United Kingdom to Julie Brett, a ballet dancer and socialite, and Eric Selig Phillip Cowell, an estate agent developer and music industry executive.
Simon Cowell Son
Simon Cowell son is Eric Cowell who was born on 14th February 2014.
Simon Cowell Wife
His wife is Lauren Silverman who he has been involved since 2013. She gave birth to their son on 14th February 2014.
Simon Cowell Wife Age
Lauren Silverman was born on 26 July 1977. She is a New York socialite. She shot to global fame in 2013 when details broke of her affair with Simon Cowell, while she was married to a friend of the TV and music boss.
Lauren was introduced to Simon by her then-husband, Andrew Silverman, in Barbados in 2006. Following the initial meeting, the married couple often holidayed together with Simon. Real estate mogul Andrew filed for divorce from Lauren when her pregnancy with Simon’s child was revealed. Simon was mentioned in the divorce papers, which were submitted on the grounds of adultery. Simon and Lauren became a couple in 2013 and have been together since.
Simon Cowell Parents – Simon Cowell Mother
His mother Julie Brett (Josie Dalglish; 1925–2015) was a ballet dancer and socialite, and his father, Eric Selig Phillip Cowell (1918–1999), was an estate agent developer and music industry executive.
Simon Cowell Siblings – Simon Cowell Brother
He has a younger brother, Nicholas Cowell, three half-brothers, John, Tony, and Michael Cowell, and a half-sister, June Cowell.
Simon Cowell Family
He was born to Julie Brett (Josie Dalglish; 1925–2015) was a ballet dancer and socialite, and his father, Eric Selig Phillip Cowell (1918–1999), was an estate agent developer and music industry executive. He has a younger brother, Nicholas Cowell, three half-brothers, John, Tony, and Michael Cowell, and a half-sister, June Cowell. His son with Lauren Silverman was born in February 2014.
Simon Cowell Networth
As at 2015, his networth was estimated to be $550 million with an annual income exceeding $95 million.
Simon Cowell Nationality
He is British having been born in Lambeth, London, United Kingdom.
Simon Cowell Girlfriend – Simon Cowell Relationships
Paula Hamilton – Paula Hamilton has revealed in an interview that she was dating Simon Cowell in the 70’s. Simon was Paula’s first love and they had known each other from the age of 12. She even lost her virginity to Simon at the age of 16. However, their relationship quickly went downhill from then onwards.
Jackie St Clair – Simon Cowell went out with former Miss Nude UK in the early 1980s. She was seen on many events with Simon and even accompanied him for holidays. She along with Sinitta was rumored to be a part of Cowell’s personal harem.
Sinitta (1984) – Simon had a highly publicized affair with Sinitta in 1984. She left him within a year by dumping him for David Essex. However, they have remained close over the years and he had even invited her for several of his gigs on his talent shows.
Louise Payne (1995-1998) – Simon was reported to have had an ON and OFF relationship with Page 3 celebrity Louise Payne for three years. They had met at the swanky London nightclub and Simon fell for her at the very first moment. Their relationship ended because Louise wanted to have kids.
Alicia Douvall (2001) – Simon met Alicia Douvall at a hotel bar in 2001 and dated her for around six months. As per her interview, they were having all night romps after their third date.
Georgina Law (2002) – Simon Cowell had a six-month long affair with lap dancer Georgina Law in 2002 after having met at the Spearmint Rhino Club where she used to work. It wasn’t a boyfriend and girlfriend thing and according to Simon, she was quite skilled in that area.
Terri Seymour (2001-2006) – Simon’s relationship with TV Presenter Terri Seymour was his first long relationship. They dated each other for around 6 years before she dumped him in 2006. However, they have remained on friendly terms post breakup.
Jasmine Lennard (2006) – In 2006, reality TV contestant Jasmine Lennard and Simon dated each other for 6 months. He was still romancing Terri Seymour at that time. Hence, this relationship was kept secret.
Dannii Minogue (2007) – Simon shacked up with Australian singer Dannii Minogue when she was working as a judge in X Factor show. Simon was apparently smitten by her dressing style and her assets.
Mezhgan Hussainy (2010-2011) – After dating for several months, Simon proposed to the makeup artist Hussainy in 2010. However, things turned sour after that. The only news to emerge later on about them was that Simon had bought $5 million house for her.
Carmen Electra (2012-2013) – From December 2012 to February 2013, Simon dated glamour model, actress and TV personality Carmen Electra.
Lauren Silverman (2013-Present) – Simon started dating Lauren Silverman in 2013 while she was still married to Andrew Silverman, which caused quite a stir as Andrew cited adultery in his divorce application. Within weeks of divorce filing, it was reported that Lauren was pregnant with Simon’s child. In August 2013, the divorce was settled out of court, thus saving Simon’s embarrassment of appearing in the court. Their son, Eric was born in February 2014.
Simon Cowell Children
Simon Cowell’s son with Lauren Silverman was born in February 2014.
Simon Cowell House
His address in LA is, as you would expect, in the 90210 zip code of Beverly Hills. Cowell originally bought the property for his LA residence in 2004 with a house on it that was promptly removed to make way for his 9,335 sq. ft. mansion
Simon Cowell Songs
Simon Cowell has been in the pop music business in the United Kingdom since the 1970s, and is credited with “discovering” such pop stars as the boy band Westlife and the pop duo Robson and Jerome.
Simon Cowell TV Shows
- Since 2004: The X Factor (UK) Interactive
- Since 2007: Britain’s Got Talent
- Since 2006: America’s Got Talent
- 2002 – 2016: American Idol
- Since 2006: Got Talent
- 2011 – 2013: The X Factor (U.S.)
- 2001 – 2003: Pop Idol
- 2007 – 2016: Australia’s Got Talent
- 2005 – 2016: The X Factor (Australia)
- 2003 – 2004: World Idol
- Since 2015: La Banda
- Since 2009: India’s Got Talent
- 2011 – 2012: Red or Black?
- 2007: Grease Is the Word
- Since 2008; Mam talent!
- Since 2015: Asia’s Got Talent
- Since 2007: Talent Suomi
- Since 2006: American Idol Rewind
- Since 2009: SA’s Got Talent
- Since 2010: Pilipinas Got Talent
- Since 2009: Italia’s Got Talent
- 2013 – 2015: The X Factor
- Since 2008: Holland’s Got Talent
- Since 2009: I Dreamed a Dream: The Susan Boyle Story
- 2010 – 2014: China’s Got Talent
- Since 2006: La France a un incroyable talent
- Since 2007: Das Supertalent
- Since 2011: Thailand’s Got Talent
- Since 2011: Arabs Got Talent
- 2010 – 2014: Indonesia’s Got Talent
- 2005 – 2009: El Factor X
- Since 2011: X Factor India
- Since 2007: Talang Sverige
- Since 2010: Georgia’s Got Talent!
- 2012: Canada’s Got Talent
- 2008 – 2013: New Zealand’s Got Talent
- Since 2008: Talento Argentino
- Since 2011: Faktor A
- Since 2010: Bulgaria’s Got Talent
- 2005 – 2007: Sekret Uspekha
- Since 2017: Ellada Eheis Talento
- Since 2011: Portugal Tem Talento
- 2010: Albanians Got Talent
- 2007: Aqui há talento
- Since 2010: Eesti talent
- Since 2008: Talent 2008
- 2009 – 2011: The All Ireland Talent Show
- Since 2003: Cupid (2003)
- 2007 – 2009: Celebrity Duets: Philippine Edition
- Since 2003: The Importance of Being Famous
- Since 2008: Bijna Beroemd
Simon Cowell Quotes
Here are some of his quotes;
- I only play to win.
- It’s not our intention to be mean. That’s just within us.
- I have an absolute hatred of losing. Even losing at Monopoly as a kid. I just want to beat the competition.
- I will never borrow money again.
- I read The Sun to see what people want.
- Cruelty is good television.
- We’ll speak about general matters for the first five minutes and the rest of the time we’ll speak about me.
- If it could pour on me every day like a shower, I would lie in it for an hour. I just love it.
- Marriage is an outdated contract.
- Work is my mistress.
- Embrace the madness.
- Talking to celebrities is too much effort. They all think the same.