Sissel Kyrkjebø Biography
Sissel Kyrkjebø is a Norwegian soprano and is considered one of the world’s top crossover sopranos. Her musical style ranges from pop accounts and people tunes to old style vocals and operatic arias.
She is considered one of the world’s top crossover sopranos. Her musical style ranges from pop recordings and folk songs to classical vocals and operatic arias. She possesses a “crystalline” voice and wide vocal range, sweeping down from mezzo-soprano notes, in arias such as Mon cœur s’ouvre à ta voix from Saint-Saëns’s opera Samson et Dalila, to the F natural above soprano C. She sings mainly in English and Norwegian but has also sung songs in Swedish, Danish, Irish, Italian, French, Russian, Icelandic, Faroese, German, Neapolitan, Māori, Japanese, and Latin.
Sissel Kyrkjebø Age
Sissel was born on September 12, 1998, in Bergen, Norway. She is 20 years old as of 2018
Sissel Kyrkjebø Family
Sissel was born to Erling Kyrkjebø. He has two older brothers, Eirik Kyrkjebø and Bjørn Kyrkjebø. She together with her parents often take hikes in the mountains surrounding Bergen. She first wanted to be a nurse, but music became her passion at the age of nine.
Sissel Kyrkjebø Husband | Sissel Kyrkjebø Children
She has been married twice. She first married Danish-American comedian and singer Eddie Skoller from 1993 to 2004. They have two daughters, their first born Ingrid born in 1996 and Sarah born in 1999. She is now married to a Norwegian tax lawyer, Ernst Ravnaas. The couple married in a private ceremony in Hov church on 13 August 2013
She is well known for singing the Olympic Hymn at the opening and closing ceremonies of the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway; for duets with Plácido Domingo, Charles Aznavour, José Carreras, Neil Sedaka, Josh Groban, Bryn Terfel, Mario Frangoulis, Russell Watson, Brian May, Diana Krall, Warren G and The Chieftains; and her participation on the Titanic film soundtrack.
She received her first U.S. Grammy nominations on 6 December 2007 for a collaboration with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Spirit of the Season, a collection of songs from the choir’s 2006 Christmas concert at Temple Square, was nominated for the Best Classical Crossover Album of the Year, as well as Best Engineered Classical Album.
Sissel’s combined solo record sales amount to 10 million albums sold, most of them in Norway, a country with 5 million people. Her albums have also sold well in Sweden, Denmark, and Japan. Together with Odd Nordstoga, they are the only Norwegian artists to have an album go 11 times platinum in album sales for Strickland July
Sissel Kyrkjebø Height
Sissel Kyrkjebø Net Worth
She has made a good fortune from her concerts, Albums and her social media accounts, her cars and houses are not listed. Her net worth is estimated to be in million dollars
Sissel Kyrkjebø Interview
Interview with Sissel Kyrkjebø in Swedish newspaper Expressen.
The reason why Sissel is letting go of Carola’s boyfriend
THE REASON WHY SISSEL ARE LETTING GO OF CAROLA’S BOYFRIEND
Carola Häggkvist (49) and Sissel Kyrkjebø (46) have two of the most acclaimed Christmas-concerts in Scandinavia this winter.
And the duel seemed to get some extra spice – because of Carola’s boyfriend Jimmy Källqvist (45).
The couple has been on tour together this spring and summer, but now they would compete. Because just as last year Jimmy Källqvist promised to go on tour with Sissel Kyrkjebø and her concert “Sissel’s Christmas”.
But the “triangle-drama” is not going to happen – after Källqvist changed his mind.
– He came and said: “I know I said yes, but a month is a very long time to be away.” I will be on tour for over a month, so I replied that I understood
it very well, says Sissel Kyrkjebø.
Carola didn’t try to persuade you?
– No, no, no, she hasn’t. There haven’t been any nagging. We are colleagues and we know each other, so we are trying the best we can to help each other. He toured with me last year, now he’s touring with her.
And there are no worries?
– No, no worries. Haha.
Coming to Gothenburg
Those two big stars are going around each other in Sweden and Norway this winter. Sissel Kyrkjebø comes to Gothenburg on December 12, the next day Carola comes.
But the Norwegian don’t want to hear of any duel.
– No, there is no competition. Why people should go to my concert? Well, it’s because it’s me, says Sissel Kyrkjebø, whose life has changed a lot lately.
Both her daughters, now 16 and 19 years old, have left Sissel in Norway for her ex-husband, the renowned artist Eddie Skoller (71) in Denmark.
– I moved to Norway four years ago and they moved with me. But now they have just moved to him, says Sissel Kyrkjebø.
Is it difficult?
– No, they’re grown up. When I was 16, I needed to move away from home to attend school I wanted the most. But my youngest daughter doesn’t move from her home, she is in Denmark with her Danish friends and her Danish family, so it’s incredibly safe.
– The most important thing for us parents is that the children are alright.
Friends with ex-husband
And you and Eddie still are friends?
– Yes. We have good contact.
Is it the first time you don’t live with your children?
– Yes, with both it’s the first time. But it’s okay. We have a lot of contacts all the time. My job consists of traveling, so we’re used to having contact in other ways. It’s not like we suddenly don’t have any contact because we live in different countries. We’re used to this.
Is life as an artist worth the sacrifice?
– Yes. The essence for me is to meet with the audience and to work with other musicians and singers.
So you don’t see the end of it?
– It’s up to my voice. I have two tiny muscles down in my throat that decides how long I can go on, so it’s pretty fragile, especially when you’re doing the singing.
GT has been trying to reach Carola Häggqvist and Jimmy Källqvist through her press staff.
Sissel Songs Youtube
Sissel Kyrkjebø Songs
All Good Things” (vers. 1)
All Good Things” (vers. 2
A Life So Changed”
Alle hav består av dråper”
Alma Redemptoris Mater”
“Angels from the Realms of Glory”
“An Ocean Of Memories”
An Raibh Tú Ag An gCarraig (Were You At The Rock?)
A Promise Kept
Ave Verum Corpus
“Bachianas Brasileiras” (vers. 1)
“Bachianas Brasileiras” (vers. 2)
“Bereden väg för Herran
Bergensiana (Jeg tok min nystemte)”
“Bist du bei mir
Blod i brann
Better Off Alone
“Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
Bred dina vida vingar
Can’t Go Back
Carol Of The Bells
“Carrier Of A Secret
Hymn To The Sea
Hymn To Winter
Ich hatte viel Bekümmernis
I ditt smil
If You Love Me (Hymne à l’amour)
Ikke la meg gå
Sissel Concerts 2018
Wednesday 05 December 2018
Grieghallen, Bergen, Norway
Saturday 08 December 2018
Oslo Spektrum, Oslo, Norway
Sunday 09 December 2018
Stavanger Konserthus, Stavanger, Norway
Thursday 13 December 2018
Aalborg Kongres-og Kulturcenter, Aalborg, Denmark
Friday 14 December 2018
Tinghallen Kongres- Og Musikhus, Viborg, Denmark
Saturday 15 December 2018
Vaerket, Randers, Denmark
Sunday 16 December 2018
Musikhuset Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Monday 17 December 2018
Copenhagen Opera House / Operaen, Copenhagen, Denmark
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.