Trevor Jones Biography
Trevor Jones (Full name- Trevor Alfred Charles Jones) is a South African composer of film and television scores. He was born on 23 March 1949, Cape Town, South Africa. He spent most of his career in the United Kingdom. Among his most famous films include Excalibur, Runaway Train, Labyrinth, Mississippi Burning, The Last of the Mohicans, and In the Name of the Father.
Jones has collaborated with filmmakers including John Boorman, Andrei Konchalovsky, Jim Henson, and Michael Mann. He has done compositions for numerous films. His music has been critically acclaimed for its depth and emotion. Jones has been nominated for two Golden Globe Awards and three BAFTA Awards for Best Film Music.
Trevor Jones Family
Trevor Jones is married and is father to four children.
Trevor Jones Age
Born on 23 March 1949, Cape Town, South Africa, Trevor Jones is 70 years old as of 2019.
Trevor Jones Career
Jones decided to become a film composer at a tender age of six years. At 17 in he won a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Music in London. In his third year he was noticed by the BBC and proceed to work there for five years on reviews of radio and television music. Jones attended the University of York in 1974 from which he graduated with a master’s degree in Media Music and Film.
He then studied at the National Film and Television School Jones for three years on general film-making and film and sound techniques. He wrote music For twenty-two student projects during his time at the school. Jones wrote the score for the Academy Award-winning short movie The Dollar Bottom and for the short Black Angel in 1981.
Jones drew the attention of John Boorman in 1981. Boorman was in the midst of making his Arthurian epic, Excalibur. Due to Excalibur’s modest budget, Boorman commissioned the up-and-coming young Jones.
Jones’ work on Excalibur brought him to the attention of Jim Henson, who was making The Dark Crystal, 1982. Henson preferred experimental, free-wheeling style and therefore went for a composer who was young and eager to work, he found this qualities in Jones. Jones then did scores for the horror films The Appointment, 1981, and The Sender, 1982, and the pirate adventure Nate and Hayes, 1983. Jones composed one of his best scores in 1985 for the critically acclaimed television production The Last Place on Earth.
Trevor Jones Albums
- Excalibur [motion picture soundtrack] 1981
- The Dark Crystal [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 1982 • Trevor Jones / London Symphony Orchestra / Marcus Dods
- The Last Place on Earth [tv soundtrack] 1982
- Runaway Train [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 1986
- Labyrinth [motion picture soundtrack] 1986 • David Bowie & Trevor Jones
- Angel Heart [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 1987
- Sweet Lies [motion picture soundtrack] 1987
- Dominick and Eugene [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 1988
- Mississippi Burning [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 1989
- Arachnophobia [motion picture soundtrack] 1990
- The Last of the Mohicans [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 1992 • Trevor Jones / Randy Edelman
- CrissCross [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 1992
- Cliffhanger [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 1993
- Kiss of Death [motion picture soundtrack] 1995
- Hideaway [motion picture soundtrack] 1995
- Gulliver’s Travels [tv soundtrack] 1996
- Richard III [motion picture soundtrack] 1996
- Brassed Off [motion picture soundtrack] 1996 • The Grimethorpe Colliery Band with Trevor Jones
- For Roseanna [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 1997
- G.I. Jane [motion picture soundtrack] 1997
- Dark City [motion picture soundtrack] 1998
- Desperate Measures [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 1998
- Merlin [tv soundtrack] 1998
- The Mighty [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 1998
- Molly [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 1999
- Cleopatra [tv soundtrack] 1999
- The Last of the Mohicans [film score] 2000 • Trevor Jones / Randy Edelman
- Thirteen Days [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 2000
- From Hell [film score, motion picture soundtrack]2001
- Crossroads 2002
- Dinotopia [tv soundtrack] 2002
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 2003
- Around the World in 80 Days [motion picture soundtrack] 2004
- Aegis [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 2005
- Loch Ness [archival, film score, motion picture soundtrack] 2005
- Fields of Freedom [film score, motion picture soundtrack]2007
- We Fight to Be Free [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 2007
- Three and Out [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 2008
- Nate and Hayes [archival, film score] 2010
- The Sender (1982) [film score, motion picture soundtrack] 2011
Trevor Jones Labyrinth Songs
- Opening Titles Including Underground 3:21
- Into the Labyrinth 2:11
- Magic Dance 5:11
- Sarah 3:11
- Chilly Down 3:45
- Hallucination 3:03
- As the World Falls Down 4:51
- The Goblin Battle 3:32
- Within You 3:30
- Thirteen O’Clock 3:09
- Home at Last 1:47
- Underground 5:57
Trevor Jones Music
Brittania: The First of the Last
Brothers and Sisters
The Dollar Bottom
Lindsey C. Vickers
The Dark Crystal
Nate and Hayes
Dominick and Eugene
Robert M. Young
Just Ask for Diamond
Sea of Love
Chains of Gold
Blame It on the Bellboy
The Last of the Mohicans
In the Name of the Father
De Baby Huilt
Mijke de Jong
Kiss of Death
Talk of Angels
The Long Run
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
I’ll Be There
Around the World in 80 Days
The Unsteady Cough
Fields of Freedom
David de Vries
We Fight to Be Free
Kees van Ostrum
Three and Out
My Hunter’s Heart
Marcus Carlos Liberski
How to Steal 2 Million
Caspar Seale Jones
Trevor Jones Main Title | Last Of The Mohicans
Trevor Jones Promentory
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.