- 1 Gail Devers Biography
- 2 Gail Devers Age
- 3 Gail Devers Height
- 4 Gail Devers Family
- 5 Gail Devers Education and Graves Disease
- 6 Gail Devers Husband
- 7 Gail Devers Net Worth
- 8 Gail Devers Measurements and Facts
- 9 Gail Devers House and Cars
- 10 Gail Devers Books
- 11 Gail Devers Quotes
- 12 Gail Devers Movie
- 13 Gail Devers Nails
- 14 Gail Devers Recognition
- 15 Frequently Asked Questions About Gail Devers
- 16 Who is Gail Devers?
- 17 How old is Gail Devers?
- 18 How tall is Gail Devers?
- 19 Is Gail Devers married?
- 20 How much is Gail Devers worth?
- 21 How much does Devers make?
- 22 Where does Devers live?
- 23 Is Devers dead or alive?
- 24 Where is Devers Now?
- 25 Devers Social Media Contacts
- 26 Related Biographies.
- 27 Reference:
Gail Devers Biography
Gail Devers is an American retired track and field athlete who was born on November 19, 1966, in Seattle, Washington, the United States as Yolanda Gail Devers. A two-time Olympic champion in the 100 meters for the USA, Gail’s 1996 win made her only the second woman (after Wyomia Tyus) to successfully defend an Olympic 100m title. Gail won a third Olympic gold medal in the 4 × 100 m relay in the year 1996.
Gail is also the 1993 World champion in the 100m and a three-time World champion in the 100m hurdles. In 2011, Gail was inducted into the National Track and Field Hall of Fame.
Gail Devers Age
Gail is 54 years old as of 2020, she was born on November 19, 1966, in Seattle, Washington, the United States as Yolanda Gail Devers. She Celebrates her birthday on November 19, every year.
Gail Devers Height
Gail stands at a height of 5 feet 3 inches (1.60 m) tall and she has a weight of 55 kgs (121 lbs).
Gail Devers Family
Yolanda Gail Devers was born in Seattle on November 19, 1966. Gail’s father was a minister while her mother was a teacher, she has one elder brother, Parenthesis, who grew up to become a professional bodybuilder. When the children were young, Gail used to race with her brother and trained hard to be able to beat him.
A good runner, Gail soon started participating in races at her school, Sweetwater High School and helped her team win several awards in interschool competitions.
Gail Devers Education and Graves Disease
Gail graduated from Sweetwater High School in the year 1984, young talent in the 100 m and 100 m hurdles, she was in training for the 1988 Summer Olympics, started experiencing health problems, suffering from among others migraine as well as vision loss. Gail qualified for the Olympics 100 m hurdles, in which she was eliminated in the semi-finals, but her health continued to deteriorate even further.
In 1990, Gail was diagnosed with Graves’ disease and underwent radioactive iodine treatment followed by thyroid hormone replacement therapy. During her radiation treatment, she began to develop blistering as well as swelling of her feet. Eventually, the sprinter could barely walk as well as had to crawl and or be carried.
A doctor considered amputating her feet, amazingly, Gail recovered after the radiation treatment was discontinued, and she resumed training. At the 1991 World Championships, Gail won a silver medal in the 100 m hurdles, at the 1992 Summer Olympics, Devers starred. Gail qualified for the final of the 100 m, which ended in an exciting finish, with 5 women finishing close (within 0.06 seconds).
Gail Devers Husband
Gail’s first marriage was to her husband Ron Roberts, a fellow athlete, their marriage unraveled after Gail became ill with Graves’ disease, and the couple divorced in the year 1991, she is currently married to Mike Phillips and has two daughters.
Gail Devers Net Worth
Gail has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2021. This includes her assets, money, and income. Her primary source of income is her career as a retired track and field athlete. Through her various sources of income, Gail has been able to accumulate good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Gail Devers Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Gail Devers.
- Full Names: Yolanda Gail Devers.
- Popular As: retired track and field athlete.
- Gender: female
- Occupation / Profession: retired track and field athlete.
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: Not Available
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
- Age / How Old?: 54 years old as of 2020
- Zodiac Sign: To be updated
- Date of Birth: November 19, 1966
- Place of Birth: Seattle, Washington
- Birthday: November 19, every year
Devers Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 3 inches (1.60 m) tall
- Weight: 55 kgs (121 lbs).
- Eye Color: Not Available
- Hair Color: Not Available
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Breast Size: Not Available
- Waist Size: Not Available
- Hip Size: Not Available
Devers Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Larry Devers
- Mother: Alabe Devers
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Ron Roberts (m. 1988–1991), Mike Phillips
- Dating / Boyfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: To be updated
Devers Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $2 million dollars
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: retired track and field athlete.
Gail Devers House and Cars
- Place of living: To be Updated
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Gail Devers Books
- My Life in Story: Stronger
Gail Devers Quotes
1. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.”
2. “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”
3. “Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”
Gail Devers Movie
- Run for the Dream: The Gail Devers Story
Gail Devers Nails
During her career, Gail was notable for having exceptionally long, heavily decorated fingernails. One of the fastest starters in the world, Gail even had to alter her starting position to accommodate her long nails. Gail’s long nails came as the result of a contest her father devised to get her to stop biting her nails as a child.
Gail Devers Recognition
In 2011, she was elected into the National Track and Field Hall of Fame. The following year she was elected into the United States Olympic Hall of Fame. In November 2012, Devers was announced as a 2013 recipient of the NCAA Silver Anniversary Award, presented annually to six distinguished former college student-athletes on the 25th anniversary of the end of their college sports careers.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gail Devers
Who is Gail Devers?
Gail is an American retired track and field athlete
How old is Gail Devers?
Gail is 54 years old as of 2020, she was born on November 19, 1966, in Seattle, Washington, the United States as Yolanda Gail Devers.
How tall is Gail Devers?
Gail stands at a height of 5 feet 3 inches (1.60 m) tall
Is Gail Devers married?
Gail is currently married to Mike Phillips and has two daughters.
How much is Gail Devers worth?
Gail has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2021.
How much does Devers make?
Gail has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars
Where does Devers live?
Devers now lives in Atlanta, but was visiting San Diego as part of her book tour for her new book, “My Life Story: Stronger”.
Is Devers dead or alive?
Gail is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Devers Now?
Gail is an American retired track and field athlete
Devers Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and