According to the World Health Organization ( WHO), CoronaVirus is defined as a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). It is also considered as a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans.
Coronaviruses are Zoonic, which means that they are easily transmitted between people and animals. According to various online sources, it is believed that SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans. Coronaviruses belong to the subfamily Coronavirinae in the family Coronaviridae.
The other common types of coronavirus that can infect humans include:
- 229E (alpha coronavirus)
- NL63 (alpha coronavirus)
- OC43 (beta coronavirus)
- HKU1 (beta coronavirus)
Coronavirus Origin/ Origination
After thorough research on this respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV), health experts globally are now certain that the virus is likely to have originated from bats worldwide though this is yet to be confirmed.
It is now weeks after this new viral disease know as coronavirus, related to the SARS and MERS diseases that have caused epidemics, had been discovered in China and started to spread. This illness was first reported in Wuhan, China. Though health experts globally are working on containing and treating it, it is still not clear what is its cure as countries do their best to come up with the cure. Some health experts believe that the virus originated from bats as others believe that it originated in association with exposure to a seafood market.
Coronavirus Live Updates
According to the World Health Organization, there are now more than 132,500 cases of the coronavirus and nearly 5,000 deaths worldwide. Over 68,000 patients have recovered globally, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University.
Canada’s first lady tests positive
The Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will isolate himself for 14 days after his wife, Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, tested positive for coronavirus. This is after a statement issued by the Prime Minister’s office on Thursday. Sophie came down with mild flu-like symptoms Wednesday following a speaking engagement in the UK. Health officials are reaching out to those who’ve been in contact with her, the office said.
Coronavirus Cure/ Vaccine
According to our research, it is still not clear if there is a cure for Coronavirus. We will keep you updated immediately we come across any information about its Vaccine or cure.
Coronavirus Death Rate
There are 93,191 cases on Coronavirus China leading a total of 80,270 cases and S. Korea is the second with 5,328 reported cases. Talking about the number of deaths, 3,019have been reported dead in China and 34 deaths in S. Korea. Other countries such as the U.S, Iran, Italy have reported death cases and the number is still rising.
when to use masks
- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with the suspected 2019-nCoV infection.
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
How to put on, use, take off and dispose of a mask
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of the mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
- runny nose
- fever in rare cases
- sore throat
- exacerbated asthma
Coronavirus Causes / Preventions
The following are ways that one can prevent spreading the Corona Virus:
- Regular hand washing
- Covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, thoroughly cooking meat and eggs.
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
Frequently Asked Questions on Coronavirus
What is the coronavirus?
According to the World Health Organization ( WHO), CoronaVirus is defined as a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
How many people have died from coronavirus?
How to prepare for the coronavirus
Here’s what you can do:
- If you feel sick, stay home
- Wash your hands. With soap. Then wash them again.
- Stay informed
- With children, keep calm, carry on and get the flu shot
- Don’t stockpile masks
- But do stock up on groceries, medicine, and resources
- Concerned about the stock market? Take a deep breath.
How did the coronavirus get started?
How is coronavirus spread?
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.