Joe Mantegna Biography and Wiki
Joe Mantegna is an American Award-Winning Actor, Producer, Director and Writer who was born and brought-up in Chicago, Illinois. He is widely known for his roles in several films and Television series such as ‘Three Amigos’, ‘Up Close and Personal’, ‘The Godfather Part III’, ‘Forget Paris’ among others. In Television shows, he starred on ‘First Monday’ as well as in ‘Joan of Arcadia’.
He is also known for voice acting in the animated series ‘The Simpsons’ as Fat Tony, the mon boss and also in ‘The Simpson Movie’ of 2007. As a Producer, he has been an executive producer for several films and TV shows such as ‘Corduroy’, ‘Hoods’, and ‘Lakeboat’ which he also served as a Director. As a Director, he has worked on ‘Lakeboat ‘, ‘QuickBites’ and ‘Criminal Minds’.
Joe Mantegna Age
Mantegna is 72 years old as of 2019, he was born on 13 November 1947, in Chicago, Illinois, United State of America. He celebrates his birthday on 13th November every year and his birth sign is Scorpio.
Joe Mantegna Height and Weight
Joe stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches (181 meters) and Weighs 159 lbs (72 kg). He also appears to be quite tall in stature in his photos. He had grey hair and dark brown eyes.
Joe Mantegna Family, Parents and Siblings
Mantegna was born to Mary Ann Novelli and Joseph Henry Mantegna. His mother Mary, was a shipping clerk from Acquaviva Delle Fonti, Apulia, Italy who passed away in 2017, while his father was an insurance salesman from Calascibetta, Sicily who also passed away in 1971 of tuberculosis. He spent his childhood with his brother Ronald Mantegna. He belongs to the Italian, Apulian and Sicilian descent and was raised Catholic.
Joe Mantegna Wife
Joe is happily married to his wife Arlene Vrhel. The couple tied the knot on 3 October 1975. Arlene was the owner of a Chicago-themed restaurant “Taste Chicago” based in Burbank, California, which later closed on 22 March 2019, for personal reasons. On 3 October 2018, the couple celebrated their 43rd wedding anniversary.
Joe Mantegna Daughters
Mantegna and his lovely wife Arlene are proud parents of two daughters namely Mia and Gia Mantegna. Mia has the autism condition and is a Makeup Artist who was born in 1987 to her parents. She made appearances with her father on KCAL-TV where they supported the Autism Awareness Month which is mostly done in April. Her younger sister Gina, changed her name to Gia after reaching 18 years old was born in 1990.
Joe Mantegna Net Worth
Joe has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2020. This includes his assets, money and income. His primary source of income is his career as an Actor, Producer, Director and Writer. Through his various sources of income, he has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Joe Mantegna Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about him;
Joe Mantegna Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Joseph Anthony Mantegna
- Popular As: Joe Mantegna
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Actor, Producer, Director and Writer
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White (Italian, Apulian and Sicilian descent)
- Religion: Catholic
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Joe Mantegna Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 72 years
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Date of Birth: 13 November 1947
- Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois, United State of America
- Birthday: 13th November
Joe Mantegna Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 11 inches (181 meters)
- Weight: 159 lbs (72 kg)
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Grey
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Joe Mantegna Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Joseph Henry Mantegna
- Mother: Mary Ann Novelli
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Ronald Mantegna
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Arlene Vrhel
- Children: Daughter(s) (Mia and Gia)
Joe Mantegna Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $25 million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Actor, Producer, Director and Writer
Joe Mantegna House and Cars
- Place of living: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Joe Mantegna Young
After he completed his University studies, he joined a band called ‘The Apocryphals’ in Chicago. He began playing bass for the band and after a while, he left the band and joined another local group called ‘The Missing Links’ and played bass as well.
‘The Missing Links’ group advanced to form a band as they moved to Chicago. After he joined the film industry, he still keeps a close contact with the initial members of ‘The Missing Links’ band and also with ‘The Apocryphals’ bandmates.
Joe Mantegna Stroke
Mantegna was diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy stroke in 1988 while he was portraying a starring character on the ‘Speed the Plow’ play. Bell’s Palsy is a type of facial paralysis that results in a temporary inability to control the facial muscles on the affected side of the face. After a series of treatments, he recovered though not fully since sometimes he got some persistent facial characteristics of the disease though this has not affected his acting career.
Joe Mantegna Simpsons
Joe voice acted in the American animated sitcom series ‘The Simpsons’ as Fat Tony, the mon boss and also in ‘The Simpson Movie’ of 2007. The Simpsons follows the satirical portrayal of the American life, which is depicted by the Simpsons family that is composed of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie.
Joe Mantegna SNL
Mantegna ridiculed himself when he facilitated Saturday Night Live for the 1990–1991 season in which he serenely started his monolog by saying he didn’t wish to be pigeonholed from his criminal jobs. A frustrated young man and his dad leave, as they erroneously accepted the host would be Joe Montana (football player) because of the comparative names.
Mantegna at that point started talking in a low, controlled voice to the young man, revealing to him it was ideal to remain in the group of spectators and regard his exhibition; he cautioned the kid that in the event that he (Mantegna) made a call, at that point Montana would not play in his next game a ramifications that Mantegna’s actual character rose to his criminal jobs.
Joe Mantegna Movies
- 1976 – Medusa Challenger as Joe
- 1979 – To Be Announced
- 1980 – Xanadu as The Muses
- 1985 – Compromising Positions as Bruce Fleckstein
- 1987 – Critical Condition as Arthur Chambers
- 1989 – Wait Until Spring, Bandini as Bandini
- 1991 – Queens Logic as Al
- 1993 – Body of Evidence as Robert Garrett
- 1995 – Captain Nuke and the Bomber Boys as Joey Franelli
- 1998 – Jerry and Tom as Tom
- 1999 – Airspeed as Raymond Stone
- 2000 – Lakeboat as Guy at Gate
- 2002 – Mother Ghost as Jerry
- 2004 – First Flight as Robert Sloan
- 2007 – Elvis and Anabelle as Charlie
- 2009 – Lonely Street as Jerry Finkelman
- 2011 – Cars 2 as Grem
- 2014 – 10 Cent Pistol as Punchy
- 2015 – Kill Me, Deadly as Bugsy Siegel
- 2016 – The Bronx Bull as Rick Rosselli
Joe Mantegna Awards and Honors
- 1969 – Joe earned a Tony Award for Best Featured Actor in a Play and a Joseph Jefferson Award for portraying Richard Roma in the first American productions of David Mamet
- 2005 – He has earned Emmy Award nominations for his roles in The Last Don, The Rat Pack, and The Starter Wife
- 1990 – He also received the Best Actor Award at the Venice Film Festival
- April 4 2015 – Mantegna received the Lifetime Achievement Award for Film and Television from The Riverside International Film Festival.
- May 22, 2015 – Mantegna received the Saint Pio Award from the Saint Pio Foundation
Frequently Asked Questions about Joe Mantegna
Who is Joe Mantegna?
Joe Mantegna is an American Award-Winning Actor, Producer, Director and Writer. He is widely known for his roles in several films and Television series such as ‘Three Amigos’, ‘Up Close and Personal’, ‘The Godfather Part III’, ‘Forget Paris’ among others. In Television shows, he starred on ‘First Monday’ as well as in ‘Joan of Arcadia’.
How old is Joe Mantegna?
Mantegna is 72 years old as of 2019, he was born on 13 November 1947, in Chicago, Illinois, United State of America. His birth sign is Scorpio.
How tall is Joe Mantegna?
Joe stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches (181 meters) and Weighs 159 lbs (72 kg).
Is Joe Mantegna married?
Yes, he is married to Arlene Vrhel. The couple tied the knot on 3 October 1975 and on 3 October 2018, the couple celebrated their 43rd wedding anniversary. They are proud parents of two daughters namely Mia and Gia Mantegna.
How much is Joe Mantegna worth?
Joe has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2020. This includes his assets, money and income. His primary source of income is his career as an Actor, Producer, Director and Writer.
How much does Joe make?
His annual earnings are under research, we are keeping tabs and will update this information as soon as it will be available.
Where does Mantegna live?
He is a resident of Los Angeles, California, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Is Joe dead or alive?
He is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Joe Mantegna Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
2. Diabetes Treatment
4. Breast Cancer
5. Blood Pressure
6. Heart Attack
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Healthy Celeb
- Wealthy Persons
- TV Guide
- Instagram and
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.