Joe Montana Biography
Joe Montana is an American Former Professional Football Player, who was born and brought up in New Eagle, Pennsylvania, United States of America. He is widely known for playing as a quarterback in the National Football League (NFL) for 16 seasons with the San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs.
Joe is widely known for winning four Super Bowls and for being the first player ever to be named Super Bowl MVP three times. He holds Super Bowl career records for most passes without an interception, for 122 in four games and the all-time highest passer rating of 127.8.
10 Quick Facts About Joe Montana
- Name: Joe Montana
- Age: 67 Years (As of 2023)
- Birthday: June 11
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m)
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Former Professional Football Player
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: $25.5 million
- Net worth: $150 million
Joe Montana Age
Montana is 67 years old as of 2023, he was born on 11 June 1956, in New Eagle, Pennsylvania, United States. He celebrates his birthday on 11 June every year and his birth sign is Gemini.
Joe Montana Height
Montana stands at a height of 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m).
Joe Montana Weight
Montana Weighs 93 kg (205 lbs).
Joe Montana Early Life and Education
Montana was born to Joseph Clifford Montana Sr. (1932–2017) and Theresa Marie Bavuso Montana (1935–2004) in New Eagle, Pennsylvania. He went to the Waverly Elementary for his primary education, and the Finleyville Junior High (now known as Finleyville Middle School) for his secondary education.
He then attended the Ringgold High School in Washington County, Pennsylvania, where he graduated in 1974. Later, he graduated in 1979 from the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana.
Joe Montana Family
Joe was born to his parents Joseph Clifford Montana Sr. and Theresa Marie Bavuso Montana in New Eagle. Our efforts to find out more about his family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, it is not known if he has any siblings. We will update this section once this information is available.
Joe Montana Spouse
Montana is currently married to his wife Jennifer Wallace, an actress, and model. The couple tied the knot on February 24, 1985, and they are blessed with four children, two daughters named Alexandra Whitney and Elizabeth Jean, and two sons named Nathaniel ‘Nate’ Joseph and Nicholas Alexander. He was previously married to Cass Castillo from 1981 to 1984, and Kim Moses from 1974 to 1977.
Joe Montana Children
Joe and his current wife Jennifer Wallace have four children, two daughters named Alexandra Whitney (born October 10, 1985) and Elizabeth Jean (born December 20, 1986), and two sons named Nathaniel ‘Nate’ Joseph (born October 3, 1989) and Nicholas Alexander (born April 28, 1992). Both of his sons are football players.
Joe Montana Net Worth
Montana has an estimated net worth of $150 million dollars as of 2023. This includes his assets, money and income. His primary source of income is his career as a Professional Football Player. Through his various sources of income, Joe has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Joe Montana Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Joe.
Joe Montana Wiki
- Full Names: Joseph Clifford Montana Jr.
- Popular As: Joe Montana
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Former Professional Football Player
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White (Italian (Piedmontese, Sicilian) and Irish and English descent)
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Joe Montana Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 67 years (2023)
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Date of Birth: 11 June 1956
- Place of Birth: New Eagle, Pennsylvania, USA
- Birthday: 11 June
Joe Montana Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m)
- Weight: 93 kg (205 lbs)
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Gray
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Joe Montana Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Joseph Clifford Montana Sr.
- Mother: Theresa Marie Bavuso Montana
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Jennifer Wallace
- Dating / Girlfriend: Divorced Cathleen Castillo (1981-1984) and Kim Moses (1974-1977)
- Children: Sons (Nathaniel ‘Nate’ Joseph and Nicholas Alexander) Daughter(s) (Alexandra Whitney and Elizabeth Jean)
Joe Montana Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $150 Million
- Salary: $25.5 Million
- Source of Income: Professional Football Player
Joe Montana Career
He played in the National Football League (NFL) for 16 seasons, primarily with the San Francisco 49ers and then with the Kansas City Chiefs for the final two seasons of his NFL career. He was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the third round of the 1979 National Football League Draft, had a stellar career with the 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs.
A master of late-game comebacks, he directed his teams to 31 fourth-quarter come-from-behind wins during his illustrious career, including a 92-yard drive in the closing seconds of Super Bowl XXIII. In 1994 Montana became just the fifth quarterback to pass for more than 40,000 yards in a career.
At the time of his retirement, he ranked fourth in career passing yardage (40,551 yards), attempts (5,391), and passing touchdowns (273). His 3,409 completions ranked third all-time, and his career passer rating of 92.3 was second all-time. Thirty-nine times he passed for more than 300 yards in a game, including seven times in which he surpassed 400 yards.
His six 300-yard passing performances in the post-season are an NFL record. He also owns the career playoff record for attempts, completions, touchdowns, and yards gained passing. He led his team to the playoffs for eleven times. Along the way, he captured nine divisional championships and victories in Super Bowls XVI, XIX, XXIII, and XXIV.
His outstanding play in Super Bowls XVI, XIX, and XXIV earned him Most Valuable Player honors in each game. All-NFL named him three times and All-NFC on five occasions. He was voted to the Pro Bowl eight times, which was a league record for a quarterback. In 1992, after missing 31 consecutive games because of an injury to his throwing arm, Montana made a dramatic comeback.
In the second half of the regular-season finale, a Monday Night Football offering vs. the Detroit Lions. He performed his magic of old, completing 15 of 21 passes for 126 yards and two touchdowns as the 49ers defeated the Lions 24-6.
Joe Montana Rookie Card
- 1981 Topps Football Card #216 Rookie NRMT, $50.00
- 1981 #216 PSA/DNA Autographed Topps Rookie, $140.00
- 1981 TOPPS # 216 Rookie S. F. 49ers PSA 5 !!!!!, $19.17
- 1981 Topps Football ROOKIE RC #216 PSA 8 NM-MT (PWCC), $39.88
- 1981 Topps Rookie #216 Graded PSA 7 NM, $89.99
- 1981 Topps Rookie card #216 ~ PSA 9 (OC) MINT 9, $9.99
- 1981 Topps #216 Rookie RC BGS 8, $68.00
- 1981 Topps Football ROOKIE RC #216 PSA 6 EXMT (PWCC), $17.50
- 1981 TOPPS ROOKIE PSA 6 – BEAUTY! 49ERS HOF, $21.50
- 1981 Topps #216 San Francisco 49ers RC Rookie HOF PSA 8 NM-MT, $102.50
- 1981 Topps Football ROOKIE RC #216 PSA 6 EXMT (PWCC), $30.88
- 1981 Topps #216 – San Francisco 49ers HoF ROOKIE RC – CENTERED – NM+, $40.00
- 1981 Topps ROOKIE #216 Football Card, $16.16
- 1981 Topps Football Card #216 Rookie NRMT SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS, $85.00
- 1981 Topps Football Rookie Card #216 San Francisco 49ers, $9.99
- 1981 Topps RC #216 Football Card Rookie Graded 7, $29.00
- 1981 Topps RC Rookie Card #216, $3.25
- *Encased* ROOKIE 1981 Topps Joe Montana San Francisco 49ers RC #216 Spectacular, $199.00
Joe Montana Super Bowl
While a member of the 49ers, he started and won four Super Bowls and was the first player ever to have been named Super Bowl Most Valuable Player three times. He also holds Super Bowl career records for most passes without an interception (122 in four games) and the all-time highest quarterback rating of 127.8
Joe Montana Vs Tom Brady
Tom Brady is considered the goat over San Francisco 49ers Hall of Famer Joe Montana.
Super Bowl Marks:
- Championships — Tom Brady: 5 | Joe Montana: 4
- Most Valuable Player Awards — Tom Brady: 4 | Joe Montana: 3
- Record — Tom Brady: 5-2 | Joe Montana: 4-0
- Touchdowns — Tom Brady: 15 | Joe Montana: 11
- Interceptions — Tom Brady: 5 | Joe Montana: 0
- Completion Percentage — Tom Brady: 67.0 | Joe Montana: 68.0
- Passing Yards — Tom Brady: 2,071 | Joe Montana: 1,142
- Completions — Tom Brady: 207 | Joe Montana: 83
- Passer Rating — Tom Brady: 95.3 | Joe Montana: 127.8
- Margin of Victory in Super Bowl Wins — Tom Brady: +19 | Joe Montana: +76
Career Postseason Marks:
- Record — Tom Brady: 25-9 | Joe Montana: 16-7
- Touchdowns — Tom Brady: 63 | Joe Montana: 45
- Interceptions — Tom Brady: 31 | Joe Montana: 21
- Completion Percentage — Tom Brady: 62.7 | Joe Montana: 62.7
- Passing Yards — Tom Brady: 9,094 | 5,772
- Completions — Tom Brady: 831 | 460
- Passer Rating — Tom Brady: 89.0 | 95.6
- Game-Winning Drives — Tom Brady: 10 | Joe : 5
Joe Montana Chiefs
The 1993 Kansas City Chiefs season was the franchise’s 24th season in the National Football League and the 34th overall. They improved on their 10-6 record from 1992 and won the AFC West and with a record.
Kansas City advanced all the way to the AFC Championship before losing to the Buffalo Bills 30–13, which started the Chiefs’ NFL record 8 game playoff losing streak.
It would be 22 years before the Chiefs would win another playoff game. The season marked the first for new quarterback him, he was acquired through a trade with the San Francisco 49ers and running back Marcus Allen from the Los Angeles Raiders, both winners of five Super Bowl championships combined.
Joe Montana Commercial
He did a series of commercials for clothing chain Mervyn’s California. In one, Montana, in his PJ’s, slips on a skateboard while outside getting the newspaper, flies through the air, and lands in a baby carriage with a pacifier in his mouth.
Joe Montana Accomplishments
Joe is widely considered to be one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history. Here are some of his most notable accomplishments:
- Four-time Super Bowl champion: Montana won four Super Bowls with the San Francisco 49ers, leading the team to victories in Super Bowls XVI, XIX, XXIII, and XXIV.
- Super Bowl MVP: Montana was named the Most Valuable Player of the Super Bowl three times, in Super Bowls XVI, XIX, and XXIV.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame: Montana was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2000, his first year of eligibility.
- Two-time NFL Most Valuable Player: Montana won the NFL Most Valuable Player Award in 1989 and 1990.
- Eight-time Pro Bowl selection: Montana was selected to the Pro Bowl eight times during his career.
- Two-time NFL Offensive Player of the Year: Montana won the NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award in 1989 and 1990.
- Career passing statistics: Montana threw for 40,551 yards and 273 touchdowns in his career, with a career passer rating of 92.3.
- Playoff success: Montana had a career playoff record of 16-7, with 45 touchdown passes and 5,772 passing yards. He also led his team to comeback victories in several important playoff games, including Super Bowl XXIII against the Cincinnati Bengals.
Joe Montana Legacy
Joe’s legacy is defined by his incredible accomplishments on the field and his impact on the sport of football. He is widely considered to be one of the greatest quarterbacks in NFL history, with a reputation for clutch performances in big games.
Montana’s ability to lead his team to victory in four Super Bowls, including three Super Bowl MVP awards, cemented his status as one of the all-time greats. His calm and composed demeanor under pressure, as well as his precision passing and ability to read defenses, set a standard for future quarterbacks to aspire to.
Joe Montana Behind-the-scenes Stories
- The Drive: In the 1989 AFC Championship Game, Montana led the San Francisco 49ers on a 92-yard drive to score the game-winning touchdown against the Cincinnati Bengals. This drive has become known as “The Drive” and is widely regarded as one of the most clutch performances in NFL history.
- The Catch: In the 1981 NFC Championship Game, Montana threw a game-winning touchdown pass to Dwight Clark in the back of the end zone, which has become known as “The Catch.” This play is one of the most iconic moments in NFL history and helped launch the 49ers dynasty of the 1980s.
- The Flu Game: In Super Bowl XXIII, Montana played through a bout of the flu and led the 49ers to a comeback victory over the Bengals. Despite feeling weak and nauseous, Montana completed 14 of 22 passes for 195 yards and 2 touchdowns in the second half, earning him his third Super Bowl MVP award.
- The Spider 2 Y Banana: In a 2019 interview, Montana shared a story about a play called “Spider 2 Y Banana” that he ran with head coach Jon Gruden during his time with the Oakland Raiders. The play involved a fake handoff and a pass to the fullback in the flat, and it became a staple of Gruden’s playbook throughout his coaching career.
Joe Montana Quotes
Joe Montana Hobbies and Interests
- Golf: Montana is an avid golfer and often plays in celebrity golf tournaments. He has also participated in charity golf events to raise money for various causes.
- Cooking: Montana enjoys cooking and has even appeared on cooking shows such as “MasterChef.” He has also released a cookbook called “The Montana Family Table,” which features recipes from his family.
- Family time: Montana is a devoted family man and enjoys spending time with his wife and children. He has also been involved in various family-related charities and organizations.
Joe Montana Personal Beliefs
- Family: Montana has emphasized the importance of family in his life, often speaking about his devotion to his wife and children.
- Charity: Montana has been involved in various charitable causes throughout his career, including children’s hospitals and organizations that support individuals with special needs.
- Health and wellness: Montana has been a proponent of healthy living and has spoken about the importance of physical fitness and nutrition.
- Mentorship and coaching: Montana has been involved in coaching and mentoring young football players, and has emphasized the importance of strong coaching and leadership in the sport.
- Work ethic and perseverance: Montana has emphasized the importance of hard work and perseverance in achieving success, both on and off the field.
Joe Montana House
He bought a full-floor flat for $2.275 million lower of two units in a 1920s building. The home is distinguished by parquet wood flooring, detailed molding, and arched doorways and windows throughout. Within the square feet of space is a living room with a wood-burning fireplace, a formal dining room, and an updated, eat-in kitchen.
There are two bedrooms and two bathrooms, both of which open to a sunroom with a closet. A paver patio and landscaped garden, hedged by a wooden fence and tall trees shared by the two units.
Frequently Asked Questions About Joe Montana
Joe is an accomplished Former Professional Football Player, who is widely known for playing as a quarterback in the National Football League (NFL) for 16 seasons.
Price is an American national born on 11th June 1956, in New Eagle, Pennsylvania.
Price stands at a height of 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 meters).
Yes, Joe is married to Jennifer Wallace. They got married on February 24, 1985 and together they have four children. The couple resides in San Francisco together with their children.
Joe has an approximate net worth of $150 million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the sports industry.
Details about Joe’s salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much he makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Joe is a resident of San Francisco, California, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Joe is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Joe Montana Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: