John Corbett Biography
John Corbett is a famous American actor and country music singer. On television, he is well known for his roles as Seth Holt on Parenthood (2011–2015), Max Gregson on the United States of Tara (2009–2011), Aidan Shaw on Sex and the City (2000–2003), and Chris Stevens on Northern Exposure (1990–1995).
In the film, he is best known for roles in the To All the Boys film trilogy (2018–2021), Raising Helen (2004), The Messengers (2007), Sex and the City 2 (2010), Ramona & Beezus (2010), My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (2016), My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002), and others. Additionally, Corbett has also pursued a career in country music, releasing the studio albums John Corbett (2006) and Leaving Nothin’ Behind (2013) with the former reaching number 45 on the Billboard Country Albums chart.
10 Quick Facts About John Corbett
- Name: John Corbett
- Age: 61 Years (2022)
- Birthday: 9 May
- Birth sign: Taurus
- Height: 6 feet 5 inches (1.96 m)
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actor
- Marital Status: Single
- Salary: To be updated
- Net Worth: $9.5 million
John Corbett Age
Corbett is 61 years old as of 2022, he was born on 9 May 1961, in Wheeling, West Virginia, United States. He celebrates his birthday on 9 May every year and his birth sign is Taurus.
John Corbett Height and Weight
Corbett stands at a height of 6 feet 5 inches (1.96 m) tall. She has a weight of 98 kg which is equivalent to 216 lbs.
John Corbett Education
Corbett began playing the guitar, and at the age of 16 years, he used to work as a security guard at the Capitol Music Hall. He went to Wheeling Central Catholic High School, from which he graduated in 1979. He moved to Bellflower California to live with his father and stepmother and worked for Kaiser Steel in Fontana for six years after his graduation from high school.
John Corbett Family
Corbett was born and raised in Wheeling, West Virginia, by his caring and loving mother, Sandra Pavilack, and his father, John Marshall Corbett. He is of British, Irish, Jewish-Russian, and Lithuanian descent. He was brought up in an apartment block near the Ohio River with his mother and stepfather, both of whom worked at his uncle Phillip’s music club.
He was raised Catholic and was an altar boy for seven years at St. Joseph’s Cathedral. Corbett’s mother was Jewish while his father was of Russian-Jewish descent. His father was brought up in Bellaire, Ohio, and was a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses.
John Corbett Young
John had been raised Catholic. His parents were married when Corbett was two years old in 1963. He grew up with his mother and stepfather, both of whom worked at his uncle Phillip’s music club, in an apartment block near the Ohio River.
His father, who is of part Irish descent, was born and raised in Bellaire, Ohio, and was a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. Corbett’s mother was Jewish (of part Russian Jewish descent).
John Corbett Wife Bo Derek
Corbett is married to his lovely wife, Bo Derek. They have been in a relationship with actress Bo Derek since 2002, after meeting on a blind date. The pair did their wedding in December 2020. The pair resides on a ranch in Santa Ynez, California, with their two German Shepherds and four horses.
Bo Derek John Corbett Age Difference
The pair has 5 years age difference. Bo Derek is 65 years old as of 2021. She was born on November 20, 1956, while Corbett is 58 years old as of 2019, he was born on May 9, 1961.
John Corbett Children
Corbet and his partner Bo Derek have no children yet. They don’t have kids from their previous relationships either. But they are open to the possibility of adopting a child one day.
John Corbett Net Worth
Corbett has an estimated net worth of $9.5 million dollars as of 2022. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as an actor and as a country music singer. Through his various sources of income, Corbett has earned good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
John Corbett Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about John Corbett.
John Corbett Wiki
- Full Names: John Joseph Corbett
- Popular As: Chris Stevens on CBS’s Northern Exposure
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Actor, Country music singer
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christianity
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
John Corbett Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 61 Years (2022)
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Date of Birth: 9 May 1961
- Place of Birth: Wheeling, West Virginia, United States
- Birthday: 9 May
John Corbett Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be updated
- Height / How Tall?: 6 feet 5 inches (1.96 m)
- Weight: 98 kg (216 lbs)
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Brown
- Shoe Size: To be updated
John Corbett Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): John Marshall Corbett
- Mother: Sandra Pavilack
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): To be updated
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Bo Derek
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (To be updated) Daughter(s) (To be updated)
John Corbett Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $9.5 million dollars
- Salary: To be updated
- Source of Income: Actor, Country music singer
John Corbett House and Cars
- Place of living: Seattle, Washington, USA
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
John Corbett Sex and The City
A sex columnist, Carrie Bradshaw, and her three friends — Samantha, Charlotte, and, Miranda — explore Manhattan’s dating scene, chronicling the mating habits of single New Yorkers. Not surprisingly, the ladies have a number of beaus throughout the series’ run.
John Corbett Wonder Years
Corbett’s first role came in the year 1988 when he was cast as Louis, the hippie boyfriend of Karen Arnold (Olivia d’Abo) in the first season of ABC’s comedy-drama series The Wonder Years. For this performance, he was credited as Jack Corbett.
John Corbett Actor
Corbett’s first role came in 1988 when he was cast as Louis, the hippie boyfriend of Karen Arnold (Olivia d’Abo) in the first season of ABC’s comedy-drama series The Wonder Years. For this appearance, he was credited as Jack Corbett.
Corbett played the leading role of Adam MacArthur, in 1997’s short-lived Fox science fiction series The Visitor, for which he was nominated for the Saturn Award for Best Actor on Television. His character, who was abducted by aliens, finds his way back to Earth 50 years later endowed with special powers.
From 2001 to 2002, he portrayed the love interest of Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker), Aidan Shaw, in the HBO comedy series Sex and the City, for which he received his second nomination for the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film.
In 2002, Corbett portrayed the male lead role of Ian Miller in the romantic comedy film My Big Fat Greek Wedding, alongside Nia Vardalos (who also wrote the screenplay), for which he was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award. In 2003, he starred in the FX dark comedy series Lucky, as professional poker player Michael “Lucky” Linkletter.
The following year, he starred alongside Kate Hudson in Garry Marshall’s comedy-drama film Raising Helen. He then portrayed music teacher, Mr.Torvald, in the 2004 musical drama film Raise Your Voice, co-starring Hilary Duff. Three years later, he had a starring role in the Pang brother’s horror film The Messengers (2007).
Additionally, Corbett starred in the 2007 Lifetime television film Montana Sky and co-starred as a corrupt LAPD vice squad member in the 2008 David Ayer-directed crime thriller Street Kings. The following year, he reunited with his My Big Fat Greek Wedding co-star Nia Vardalos for the romantic comedy I Hate Valentine’s Day (2009), which Vardalos also wrote and directed.
In 2009, he also co-starred in the Brian Herzlinger-directed comedy film Baby on Board. From 2009 to 2011, Corbett co-starred in the Showtime comedy-drama series United States of Tara as Max Gregson, the husband of Toni Collette’s title character. In 2010, Corbett reprised his role as Aidan Shaw in the Sex and the City feature film sequel Sex and the City 2.
That same year, he starred as Tom Marks in the Hallmark seasonal television film November Christmas, alongside Sam Elliott and Sarah Paulson, and portrayed Robert Quimby in Elizabeth Allen Rosenbaum’s family comedy film Ramona and Beezus, based on the Ramona novel series. Corbett was inducted into the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in June 2011.
From 2011 to 2015, he had a recurring role as Seth Holt on the NBC drama series Parenthood. In March 2013, Corbett appeared in two episodes of the CBS procedural drama series NCIS: Los Angeles as Special Agent Roy Haines; it was considered to be a planted pilot episode for a spin-off series focusing on his character, but this was ultimately not produced.
In 2012, he portrayed teacher Mike Kersjes in the Hallmark television film based on the memoir of the same name, A Smile as Big as the Moon. Corbett provided the voiceover for Applebee’s television commercials and, since 2012, has been the voice for Walgreens’ television and radio advertisements.
In 2014, Corbett appeared alongside Sarah Bolger in Jeff Probst’s drama film Kiss Me. The following year, he starred as Garrett Peterson, opposite Jennifer Lopez, in the Rob Cohen-directed erotic thriller The Boy Next Door. From 2015 to 2016, he portrayed Josiah “Flash” Bacon in the FX comedy series Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll. In 2016, fourteen years after My Big Fat Greek Wedding was released, Corbett returned for the sequel My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.
In 2017, he portrayed the main role of Michael Spurlock, a pastor who welcomes Karen refugees to his church, in the Steve Gomer-directed drama film All Saints. Corbett then had a guest-starring role as himself in the eighth and final season of IFC’s comedy series Portlandia.
He portrayed Dr. Dan Covey, the father of Lana Condor’s lead character, in the film adaptation of Jenny Han’s novel To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018), directed by Susan Johnson. Corbett starred in God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness (2018), as lawyer Pearce Hill. Corbett will also star in John R. Leonetti’s film adaptation of Tim Lebbon’s horror novel The Silence, with Miranda Otto and Stanley Tucci.
John Corbett Parenthood
Corbett has been cast for a multi-episode arc on Parenthood, a show rep confirms. Besides his recent role in Sex and the City 2, Corbett stars on Showtime’s the United States of Tara as the husband of a woman (Toni Colette) suffering from a dissociative identity disorder.
John Corbett Northern Exposure
Dr. Joel Fleischman graduates from Columbia University medical school and is assigned to work in the tiny Alaskan town of Cicely to pay for his education. The location is remote, the people are weird, and Joel just wants to return to New York. And yet, the people of Cicely — particularly pilot Maggie O’Connell — begin to grow on him.
From 1990 to 1995, he starred as Chris Stevens in the CBS comedy-drama series Northern Exposure, for which he was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film and the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
John Corbett Movies
2010 – 2020
- 2020 To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You as Dr. Dan Covey
- 2019 The Silence as Glenn
- 2019 Gully as Mr. Charlie
- 2019 47 Meters Down Uncaged as Grant
- 2018 God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness as Pearce Hill
- 2018 To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before as Dr. Dan Covey
- 2017 All Saints as Michael Spurlock
- 2016 My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 as Ian Miller
- 2016 My Dead Boyfriend as Primo Schultz
- 2015 The Boy Next Door as Garrett Peterson
- 2014 Kiss Me as Chance
- 2014 The Lookalike as Bobby Zan
- 2010 Sex and the City 2 as Aidan Shaw
- 2010 Ramona and Beezus as Robert Quimby
2004 – 2009
- 2009 Baby on Board as Danny Chambers
- 2009 I Hate Valentine’s Day as Greg Gatlin
- 2008 Street Kings as Detective Dante Demille
- 2008 The Burning Plain as John
- 2007 The Messengers as John Burwell
- 2006 Dreamland as Henry
- 2005 Bigger Than the Sky as Michael Degan
- 2005 Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D as Jack Schmitt
- 2004 Raising Helen as Dan Parker
- 2004 Elvis Has Left the Building as Miles Taylor
- 2004 Raise Your Voice as Mr. Torvald
1991 – 2003
- 2003 My Dinner with Jimi as Henry Diltz
- 2002 My Big Fat Greek Wedding as Ian Miller
- 2001 Prancer Returns as Tom Sullivan
- 2001 Serendipity as Lars Hammond
- 2000 Dinner Rush as Ken Roloff
- 2000 Desperate But Not Serious as Jonathan Silver
- 1997 Volcano as Norman Calder
- 1996 Wedding Bell Blues as Cary Maynard Philco
- 1993 Tombstone as Johnny Barnes
- 1991 Flight of the Intruder as Big Augie
John Corbett Tv Shows
2010 – 2020
- 2020 Rebel as TBA
- 2018 Portlandia as John Corbett
- 2018 Undone as Layton Hollingsworth
- 2017 Mata Hari as Rudolph McCloud
- 2016–2017 Still the King as Trayne Crosstown
- 2015–2016 Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll as Josiah Bacon
- 2013 NCIS: Los Angeles as Roy Haines
- 2012 A Smile as Big as the Moon as Mike Kersjes
- 2011–2015 Parenthood as Seth Holt
- 2011 Glenn Martin, DDS as Big Jim
- 2011 Ricochet as Duncan Hatcher
- 2011 Hunt for the I-5 Killer as Dave Kominek
- 2010 November Christmas as Tom Marks
1988 – 2009
- 2009–2011 United States of Tara as Max Gregson
- 2007 Montana Sky as Ben McKinnon
- 2005 Hunt for Justice as Capt. John Tanner
- 2003 Lucky as Michael Linkletter
- 2003 Gary the Rat as Frank Spillogotoriettio
- 2001 Private Lies as David
- 2000–2003 Sex and the City as Aidan Shaw
- 2000 On Hostile Ground as Matt Andrews
- 1999 The Sky’s On Fire as Dr. Evan Thorne
- 1998 The Warlord: Battle for the Galaxy as Justin Thorpe
- 1997–1998 The Visitor as Adam MacArthur
- 1996 Innocent Victims as Tim Hennis
- 1996 Don’t Look Back as Morgan Rose
- 1996 The Morrison Murders as Walker Morrison
- 1995–1996 Days of Our Lives as Hospital Administrator
- 1990–1995 Northern Exposure as Chris Stevens
- 1988 The Wonder Years as Louis
John Corbett Songs
- Good to Go
- Bottle of Whiskey
- Best Move
- Back Door to My Heart
- Judge a Man
- Waiting on a Heartache
- Last Stand
- Simple Man
- Me and Whiskey
- Cocaine and Communion
- Rainy Windy Sunshine
- Dairy Queen
- Backside of a Backslide
- Satin Sheets
- Steal Your Heart
- Name on a Stone
- El Paso
- Tennessee Will
- 25 Kärwa-Melodien
- 20 Figuren-Tänze
- Ain’t No Trouble to Me
- Coplanar 1 + 2
- Madi Piece
Frequently Asked Questions About John Corbett
John Corbett is a famous actor and country music singer. He is known for his roles as Chris Stevens on CBS’ Northern Exposure and as Aidan Shaw on HBO’s Sex and the City. He reprised the latter role for the film sequel Sex and the City 2 (2010).
Corbett is 61 years old as of 2022, he was born John Joseph Corbett on May 9, 1961, in Wheeling, West Virginia, United States of America.
Corbett stands at a height of 1.96 m.
Yes, he is in a relationship with Bo Derek. They have been together since 2002. They have no children together. Corbett resides in Seattle, Washington while Bo resides in California.
Corbett has an approximate net worth of $9.5 million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Corbett is a resident of Seattle, Washington, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Corbett is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Corbett is still an active participant in the creative entertainment industry, he is a cast member of the newly released To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You as Dr. Dan Covey.
John Corbett Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: