John MacArthur Biography
Table of Contents
- 1 John MacArthur Biography
- 2 10 Facts About John MacArthur
- 3 John MacArthur Age
- 4 John MacArthur Height
- 5 John MacArthur Education
- 6 John MacArthur Family
- 7 John MacArthur Wife and Children
- 8 John Macarthur Salary
- 9 John MacArthur’s Net Worth
- 10 John MacArthur Facts and Measurements
- 11 John MacArthur Career
- 12 John MacArthur Study Bible
- 13 John MacArthur Grace Community Church
- 14 John MacArthur Selected Books
- 15 Frequently Asked Questions About John MacArthur
- 16 John MacArthur Social Media
- 17 Related Biographies
- 18 Popular Posts
John MacArthur Cborn John Fullerton MacArthur Jr.) is an American pastor and author widely known for his syndicated Christian teaching radio program “Grace to You”. He is a Gold Medalion Book Award winner after selling more than 1 million copies of his books. John is the chancellor emeritus of The Master’s University in Santa Clarita, California, and The Master’s Seminary in Los Angeles, California.
10 Facts About John MacArthur
- Name: John MacArthur
- Age: 82 years
- Birthday: June 19th
- Height: Under review
- Weight: Under review
- Nationality: American
- Marital Status: Married to Patricia MacArthur
- Occupation: pastor and author
- Known for: His syndicated Christian teaching radio program “Grace to You”
- Net Worth: $1 to $ 5 million
John MacArthur Age
MacArthur is 82 years as of 2021. He was born on June 19, 1939, in Los Angeles, California, United States of America. He celebrates his birthday on the 19th of June every year. His birth sign is Gemini.
John MacArthur Height
John stands at a height of 5’5″ (1.69 m).
John MacArthur Education
John studied the Arminian theology of John Miley and Henry Orton Wiley at two colleges: the Fundamentalist Bob Jones University from 1957 to 1959, then he transferred to Los Angeles Pacific College (now Azusa Pacific University). He also attended Biola University’s Talbot Theological Seminary in La Mirada, California where he graduated with honors and a Masters of Divinity.
John MacArthur Family
MacArthur is the son of Jack MacArthur (born in Calgary, Canada) and his wife Irene Dockendorf. His father was a Baptist preacher. Nothing ha been revealed about his brother and sisters we will update this section as soon as we get ant information about his siblings.
John MacArthur Wife and Children
John married his wife Patricia MacArthur in 1963. The couples are proud parents of four children, two daughters, Marcy and Melinda, sons, Mark and Matt. They are also grandparents to 15 children.
John Macarthur Salary
Macarthur as a pastor receives an annual salary of $ 160,000 U.S dollars.
John MacArthur’s Net Worth
John has an estimated Net Worth of $1 Million – $5 Million (Approx.) as of 2022. This includes his Assets, Money, and Income. His primary source of income is his career as a pastor and author. Through his various sources of income, Ben has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
John MacArthur Facts and Measurements
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about John
John MacArthur Wiki
- Full Names: John Fullerton MacArthur Jr.
- Popular As: John F. MacArthur
- Gender: Male
- Occupation/Profession: Pastor and Author
- Nationality: American
- Race/Ethnicity: Not Available
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
John MacArthur Birthday
- Age/How Old?: 82 years (2021)
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Date of Birth: June 19, 1939
- Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California
- Birthday: 19th June
John MacArthur Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height/How Tall?: 5’5″ (1.69 m)
- Weight: Not Known
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Grey
John MacArthur Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Jack MacArthur
- Mother: Irene Dockendorf
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Patricia MacArthur
- Children: Sons ( Mark and Matt) Daughter(s) (Marcy and Melinda)
John MacArthur Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $15 million
- Salary: $160,000
- Source of Income: Pastor and Author
John MacArthur House and Cars
- Place of living: To be Updated
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
John MacArthur Career
Macarthur served as an associate pastor at Calvary Bible Church in Burbank, California, from 1964 to 1966 and from 1966 to 1969 as a faculty representative for Talbot Theological Seminary. In 1969, he became the third pastor at the nondenominational Grace Community Church of Sun Valley, California.
In 1985, MacArthur became the president of The Master’s University, an accredited four-year liberal arts Christian college; and, in 1986, he founded The Master’s Seminary. MacArthur also received honorary doctorates from Talbot Theological Seminary and from Grace Graduate School (1976).
Nearly 43 years after beginning in the pulpit of Grace Community, MacArthur completed one of his own life goals, that of preaching through the entire New Testament, on June 5, 2011, at the end of his projected target window, stated the previous January, to finish “sometime in the summer”. In 2015, the MacArthur New Testament Commentary series was completed.
John MacArthur Study Bible
In 1997, is when The MacArthur Study Bible was first issued by current HarperCollins brand W Publishing, a study Bible edited by John F. MacArthur, an evangelical Calvinist preacher with introductions and annotations to the 66 books of the Protestant Bible. It also contains charts, maps, personal notes, Biblical harmonies, chronologies of Old Testament kings and prophets, and appendices.
The Grace Community Church pastor and president, MacArthur of The Master’s Seminary, has written more than half of the 20,000 entries and reworked many of the others written by seminary faculty.
Initially, it was only available in the New King James Version, the John MacArthur Study Bible is now also published using the New American Standard Bible, New International Version texts and English Standard Version and also in Spanish, German, French, Italian and Portuguese. It won the Gold Medallion Book Award for Study Bible of the Year in 1998 and as of 2007 had more than 1 million copies distributed.
John MacArthur Grace Community Church
Grace Community Church, it’s a non-denominational, evangelical megachurch which was founded in 1956 and located in Sun Valley. MacArthur, who is a well-known speaker, radio evangelist, and the senior pastor of Grace Community Church. As of 2008, the average weekly attendance was 8,258.
Grace Community Church held its first public service on July 1, 1956, and Don Householder becoming the founding pastor. Within a few years, Grace Community Church had moved to its present location on Roscoe Boulevard and they made a decision to hold two Sunday morning services to accommodate the growing congregation.
In 1965, following Householder’s death, Richard Elvee was called to be a pastor and the church continued to grow under his leadership until his death in 1968. John F. MacArthur assumed the pastorate in February 1969. During the early days of MacArthur’s ministry, the church grew double in size every two years which led to a new building of the Family Life Center in 1971 and a new Worship Center in 1977. Moody Monthly magazine published a feature article in 1972, about the congregation titled “The church with nine hundred ministers”.
John MacArthur Selected Books
- Twelve Extraordinary Women: God Shaped Women of the Bible, and What He Wants to Do with You by John F. MacArthur (October 5, 2008)
- Twelve Ordinary Men: How the Master Shaped His Disciples for Greatness, and What He Wants to Do with You by John F. MacArthur (May 8, 2006)
- One Perfect Life: The Complete Story of the Lord Jesus by John F. MacArthur (March 4, 2013)
- Anxious for Nothing: God’s Cure for the Cares of Your Soul (John Macarthur Study) by MacArthur, Jr., John (February 1, 2012)
- Safe in the Arms of God: Truth from Heaven About the Death of a Child by John F. MacArthur (July 8, 2003)
- Saved Without A Doubt: Being Sure of Your Salvation (John MacArthur Study) by MacArthur, Jr., John (January 1, 2010)
- The Charismatics: A Doctrinal Perspective Hardback (1978)
- Fundamentals of the Faith: 13 Lessons to Grow in the Grace and Knowledge of Jesus Christ by John MacArthur (February 24, 2009)
- The Charismatics Softback (1978)
- Gospel According to Jesus (1989)
- Charismatic Chaos (1993)
- Our Sufficiency in Christ (1998)
- Ashamed of the Gospel: When the Church Becomes Like the World (2001)
- Think Biblically!: Recovering a Christian Worldview (2003)
- Fool’s Gold?: Discerning Truth in an Age of Error (2005)
- The Jesus You Can’t Ignore: What You Must Learn from the Bold Confrontations of Christ (2009)
- Strange Fire: The Danger of Offending the Holy Spirit with Counterfeit Worship (2013)
- Right Thinking in a Church Gone Astray: Finding Our Way Back to Biblical Truth (2017)
- The Gospel According to Paul: Embracing the Good News at the Heart of Paul’s Teachings (2017)
- Biblical Doctrine: A Systematic Summary of Bible Truth (2017)
- None Other: Discovering the God of the Bible (2017)
- Worship: The Ultimate Priority (2012)
Frequently Asked Questions About John MacArthur
Who is John MacArthur?
MacArthur is an American pastor and author well known for his syndicated Christian teaching radio program “Grace to You”. He is the chancellor emeritus of The Master’s University in Santa Clarita, California.
How old is John MacArthur?
MacArthur is 82 years old as of 2021. He was born on June 19, 1938, in Los Angeles, California, United States of America.
How tall is Macarthur?
John is a man of average stature, he appears to be quite tall in stature in his photos. He stands at the height of 5’5″ (1.69 m)
Is John MacArthur married?
John married his wife Patricia MacArthur in 1963. The two are proud parents of four children and 15 grandchildren.
How much is John MacArthur worth?
John is an American pastor and author who has a net worth of $15 million.
How much does MacArthur make?
For his position, Macarthur receives an annual salary of $ 160,000 U.S dollars.
Where does MacArthur live?
Information regarding his exact residence of John is not known due to security issues but once available, it will be updated as soon as possible.
Is MacArthur dead or alive?
Macarthur is still alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
John MacArthur Social Media
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- John Gray
- Brian Mclaren
- Ralph Douglas West
- Robert Tilton
- Randall Cunningham
- Joel B. Green
- Hayes McArthur
- John Pavlovitz
- Jack Hayford
- Molly Quinn (Actress) Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Husband, Castle, Net Worth
- Chris Ship Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Parents, Husband, ITV News and Net Worth.
- Joe Manganiello Biography, Age, Wife, Magic Mike, Deathstroke, Movies and Net Worth
- Lee Carter Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Political Career, Net Worth and Champaign
- Evan Joseph Asher Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Parents, Autism and Net Worth
- Lil Durk Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Family, Brother, India Royale, Girlfriend, Rumors and Net Worth
Featured Famous Pastors and Preachers
- Adrian Rogers
- Alistair Begg
- Allen Jackson
- Alvin Love Ii
- Andrew Wommack
- Bill Johnson
- Bishop Dale Bronner
- Carroll Roberson
- Cathe Laurie
- Charles Stanley
- Chris Hodges
- Chuck Smith
- Costi Hinn
- Daniel Kolenda
- Dave Meyer
- David Ring
- Dodie Osteen
- Donnie Swaggart
- E Dewey Smith
- Eva Rodriguez
- Gabriel Swaggart
- Gloria Copeland
- Gregory Dickow
- Jack Hayford
- Jack Hibbs
- James Merritt
- Joel Osteen
- John Ramirez
- Joyce Meyer
- Kathryn Kuhlman
- Kay Arthur
- Lester Sumrall
- Lori Bakker
- Marilyn Hickey
- Mark Finley
- Matthew Hagee
- Michael Beckwith
- Michael Todd
- Morris Cerullo
- Pastor Calvin Roberson
- Paul Washer
- Perry Stone
- Pete Wilson
- Rance Allen
- Robert Madu
- Robert Morris
- Samuel Rodriguez
- Shawn Bolz
- Thomas Wesley Weeks Iii
- Tony Campolo