John Paul Dejoria Biography
John Paul DeJoria is an accomplished Greek-Italian-American entrepreneur, a self-made billionaire, and a philanthropist best known as a co-founder of the Paul Mitchell line of hair products and The Patrón Spirits Company.
10 Facts About John Paul Dejoria
- Name: John Paul Jones Dejoria
- Age: 78 years
- Birthday: April 13th
- Height: 5 feet 6 inches
- Weight: 68 kgs
- Nationality: American
- Marital Status: Married to Eloise Broady DeJoria
- Occupation: Entrepreneur, a self-made billionaire, and philanthropist
- Famous for: Being a co-founder of the Paul Mitchell line of hair products and The Patrón Spirits Company.
- Net Worth: $1 million – $5 million dollar
John Paul Dejoria Age
John is 78 years old as of 2022, he was born John Paul Jones DeJoria on April 13, 1944, in Los Angeles, California, United States of America. He celebrates his birthday on April 13, every year, and his birth sign is Aries.
John Paul Dejoria Height
John stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches (172 cm). However, details regarding his other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We will update this section when the information is available.
John Paul Dejoria Weight
John weighs 68 kilograms (149 Ibs) in 2022. Known for his captivating personality, John has amber eyes and the color of his hair is black.
John Paul Dejoria Education
John is a highly educated and qualified person. He was brought up in Atwater Village on Graden Avenue and then Revere. He attended Atwater Elementary School and John Marshall High School.
John Paul Dejoria Family
John Paul Dejoria Parents and Siblings
John comes from a family of an Italian immigrant father and a Greek immigrant mother, being the second son. They lived in the Echo Park neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. His parents divorced by the time he was two years old and when he was nine he began selling Christmas cards and newspapers with his older brother to support his family.
John Paul Dejoria Wife
John married his wife Eloise Broady DeJoria in 1993. Eloise is an American business owner, actress, producer, and philanthropist. Her business achievements include Ultimate Face Professional, Arbor Behavioral Healthcare, and Renew Logic.
She is involved in numerous other charitable efforts including Help Clifford Help Kids, The Palmer Drug Abuse Program, The Austin Recovery Center, The Austin Children’s Shelter, Helping Hands, as well as Club 100, Long Center for the Performing Arts, The Paramount Theater, and The Austin Film Society. The couple has four children.
John Paul Dejoria Children
John and his spouse Eloise have four children, Alexis DeJoria (daughter), John Anthony DeJoria (son), Michaeline DeJoria (daughter), Michael DeJoria (son), and Justin DeJoria (son), and John Paul DeJoria II (son). Further information regarding their children in detail will be updated once available.
John Paul Dejoria Net Worth
John has an estimated net worth of $3 billion USD as of 2022. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as an entrepreneur. Through his various sources of income, he has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
John Paul Dejoria Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about John.
John Paul Dejoria Wikipedia
- Full Names: John Paul Jones DeJoria.
- Popular As: John Paul Dejoria.
- Gender: Male.
- Occupation / Profession: Entrepreneur.
- Nationality: American.
- Race / Ethnicity: Pending Update.
- Religion: Christian.
- Sexual Orientation: Straight.
John Paul Dejoria Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 78 Years Old.
- Zodiac Sign: Aries.
- Date of Birth: April 13, 1944.
- Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California.
- Birthday: April 13.
John Paul Dejoria Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Pending Update.
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 6 inches (172 cm).
- Weight: 68 kilograms (149 Ibs) in 2021.
- Eye Color: Amber.
- Hair Color: Black.
- Shoe Size: Pending Update.
John Paul Dejoria Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Pending Update.
- Mother: Pending Update.
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Pending Update.
- Marital Status: Married.
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Eloise Broady DeJoria.
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable.
- Children: Four.
John Paul Dejoria Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $3 billion USD as of 2021.
- Salary: Pending Update.
- Source of Income: Career as an Entrepreneur.
John Paul Dejoria House and Cars
- Place of living: Austin, Texas.
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated.
John Paul Dejoria Career
John spent two years in the United States Navy, serving on the USS Hornet. After that, he held a series of jobs including janitor, door-to-door encyclopedia salesman, and insurance salesman. He entered the world of hair care as an entry-level employee of Redken Laboratories. He was fired from this position. In 1980, he formed John Paul Mitchell Systems with hairdresser Paul Mitchell and a loan for $700 and while living in a 20-year-old Rolls Royce automobile.
John co-founded the Patrón Spirits Company in 1989, is a founding partner of the House of Blues nightclub chain, and has interests in Madagascar Oil Ltd., Pyrat Rum, Smokey Mountain Bison Farm, LLC, Ultimat Vodka, Solar Utility, Sun King Solar, Touchstone Natural Gas, Three Star Energy, Diamond Audio, a Harley-Davidson dealership, a diamond company, mobile technology developer ROK AMERICAS, the John Paul Pet Company which does hair and personal grooming for animals, and J&D Acquisitions LLC, the parent company for the Larson, Striper, Triumph, Marquis and Carver boat companies formed with Minneapolis-based investor Irwin L. Jacobs.
In 2008, John became an advisory board member for The Beauty Channel; a streaming beauty and fashion-focused TV station. He has been active in the film industry as an executive producer and actor. He made a cameo feature as himself, in the 2008 comedy You Don’t Mess with the Zohan, and also in The Big Tease as the fictional John Paul Mitchell.
He also made a cameo feature in the Showtime series Weeds season 2. He narrated and featured in TV commercials for Patron in November 2011. He featured on November 1, 2013, a broadcast of the ABC reality series Shark Tank as a guest investor, replacing series regular Robert Herjavec.
With a 2017 net worth of US $3.1 billion, he is the 3rd richest “shark” of all time on the show, behind series regular Mark Cuban (2017 net worth: the US $3.3 billion) and fellow “guest shark” Sir Richard Branson (2017 net worth: the US $5.1 billion).
In 2018, John co-founded ROKiT Group alongside business partner Jonathan Kendrick. Since their start in 2018, John and Kendrick have expanded the ROKiT Group, creating brands such as ROKiT Phones, ROKiT Telemedicine, ROKiT Drinks, and more.
John Paul Dejoria Quotes
- The biggest hurdle is rejection. Any business you start, be ready for it. The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is that successful people do all the things unsuccessful people don’t want to do. When 10 doors are slammed in your face, go to door number 11 enthusiastically, with a smile on your face.
- When you start with next to nothing, all you’ve got is a lot of thought, a lot of innovation, and figuring out new ways to do things without using a lot of money.
- Success unshared is a failure.
- By loving yourself, you’re going to be a happy person. A lot of people don’t like themselves for whatever reason.
- You’d be safe to hold 5% of your assets and savings in gold and silver. Insurance for the future.
- I don’t micromanage, but I do care deeply about every product we make. Everyone goes through me, and I try most of our products before they go to market, including our John Paul Pet flea and tick shampoo. If I don’t like it, it’s not coming out.
- Why pour shampoo into a rabbit’s eyes to see how much shampoo you can put in an adult’s eyes before they go blind? I’ll put them in my hair, in my eyes before I would give them to anyone else.
- Most people would rather sit on a plane for two hours than spend two days on a train, but there’s nothing compared to taking a relaxing rail journey with your family or good friends.
- Yes, everyone deserves to have national health care in a great nation such as ours. We just need to find ways to do it and not be overtaxed.
John Paul Dejoria’s house
John and his spouse are long-time Austin residents, having lived there since 1997.
John Paul Dejoria companies
John is the founder of tequila maker Patrón Spirits Co. and cofounder of hair care company John Paul Mitchell Systems. He slept in his car and sold shampoo door-to-door before he teamed up with Paul Mitchell in 1980 and turned $700 into John Paul Mitchell Systems.
Frequently Asked Questions About John Paul Dejoria
Who is John Paul Dejoria?
John is an accomplished Greek-Italian-American entrepreneur, a self-made billionaire, and philanthropist best known as a co-founder of the Paul Mitchell line of hair products and The Patrón Spirits Company.
How old is John Paul Dejoria?
John is 78 years as of 2022. Paul is an American national born on April 13, 1944, in Los Angeles, California.
How tall is John Paul Dejoria?
John stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches (172 cm).
Is John Paul Dejoria married?
Yes, John is married to Eloise Broady DeJoria. They got married in 1993 and together they have four children. The couple resides in Austin, Texas together with their children.
How much is John Paul Dejoria worth?
John has a net worth of $3 billion USD as of 2021. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the investment industry.
How much does John Paul Dejoria make?
According to our reliable sources, John’s annual salary is currently under review. Nevertheless, we are keeping tabs and will update you once this information is available.
Where does John Paul Dejoria live?
John is a resident of Austin, Texas, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Is Paul Dejoria dead or alive?
John is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Paul Dejoria Now?
John is pursuing his career as an entrepreneur. He is the founder of tequila maker Patrón Spirits Co. and cofounder of hair care company John Paul Mitchell Systems.
Paul Dejoria Social Media Contacts
- Youtube: Pending Update.
- Tiktok: Pending Update.
- Website: Pending Update.
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: