John Piper Biography
Table of Contents
- 1 John Piper Biography
- 2 John Piper Age
- 3 John Piper Height
- 4 John Piper Weight
- 5 John Piper Education
- 6 John Piper Family
- 7 John Piper Siblings
- 8 John Piper Wife
- 9 John Piper Son
- 10 John Piper Salary
- 11 John Piper Net Worth
- 12 John Piper Measurements and Facts
- 13 John Piper Wiki
- 14 John Piper Birthday
- 15 John Piper Body Measurements
- 16 John Piper Family and Relationship
- 17 John Piper Net Worth and Salary
- 18 John Piper House and Cars
- 19 John Piper Career
- 20 John Piper Sermons
- 21 John Piper Church and Desiring God
- 22 John Piper A Hunger For God
- 23 John Piper Fasting
- 24 John Piper Marriage Book
- 25 John Piper Books
- 26 John Piper Quotes
- 27 Frequently Asked Questions About John Piper
- 28 Who is John Piper?
- 29 How old is John Piper?
- 30 How tall is John Piper?
- 31 Is John Piper married?
- 32 How much is John Piper worth?
- 33 How much does John make?
- 34 Where does Piper live?
- 35 Is John dead or alive?
- 36 Where is Piper now?
- 37 John Piper Contacts
- 38 Related Biographies
- 39 Popular Posts
John Piper is an American Theologian, Pastor, and Author, who was born on January 11, 1946 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He currently serves as a Chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and is the Founder and Senior Teacher of “desiringGod.org,” which was named for his book Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist.
Previously, John served as a biblical studies teacher at Bethel University from 1974 to 1980, prior to serving as pastor for preaching and vision of Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis from 1980 to 2013, (for 33 years). He has authored numerous award-winning books, including ECPA Christian Book Award winners “Spectacular Sins”, and “Pierced by the Word”, as well as bestsellers books including “Don’t Waste Your Life” and “The Passion of Jesus Christ”.
John Piper Age
Piper is 75 years old as of 2021, he was born on January 11, 1946, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States of America. He celebrates his birthday on 11th January every year and his birth sign is Capricorn.
John Piper Height
John stands at a height of 5 feet 4 inches (1.63 meters).
John Piper Weight
Piper Weighs 153 lbs (75 kg).
John Piper Education
Piper attended and graduated from Wade Hampton High School. He then joined Wheaton College from (1964–1968) majoring in literature and minoring in philosophy. While in college, he originally wanted to pursue a career in medicine, but later decide to go into ministry during a bout of mononucleosis, while listening to the sermons of Harold Ockenga over the radio from his hospital bed.
He later graduated with a Bachelor of Divinity degree at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California. While at Fuller, he undertook several courses from Daniel Fuller and through him discovered the writings of Jonathan Edwards. Together with C. S. Lewis, Edwards and Fuller are well-known influences in Piper’s life and ministry.
He later earned his Doctor of Theology degree in New Testament Studies at the University of Munich, Germany (1971–1974) under Leonhard Gospelt. After completion of his doctorate, he taught Biblical Studies at Bethel University and Seminary in Saint Paul, Minnesota, for six years (1974–1980).
John Piper Family
John was born to his parents Bill and Ruth Piper in Chattanooga, Tennessee. His father Bill, was a traveling evangelist and church planter. Piper us to have a religious conversion at his mother’s knee while on vacation in Florida. His mother Ruth died on December 16, 1974, in a bus wreck in Israel. His 1990 booklet What’s the Difference? included a tribute to her. His father also died on March 6, 2007.
John Piper Siblings
Piper was raised along with his older sister named Beverly were still young. His family the “Pipers” relocated to Greenville, South Carolina, where he spent the remainder of his youth.
John Piper Wife
John is currently married his wife Noël Henry, the author of Treasuring God in Our Traditions and Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God. The couple tied the knot in December 1968, and they are blessed with five children, four sons named Abraham, Barnabas, Benjamin, and Karsten Piper, and an adopted daughter named Talitha Piper.
John Piper Son
Piper and his wife Noël Henry have four sons; Karsten, Abraham, Barnabas, Benjamin Piper, and a daughter; Talitha Piper, and 12 grandchildren.
John Piper Salary
John receives an annual average salary of $120,000 dollars as of 2021.
John Piper Net Worth
Piper has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2021. This includes his assets, money and income. His primary source of income is his career as a Theologian, Pastor, and Author. Through his various sources of income, he has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
John Piper Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about John Piper;
John Piper Wiki
- Full Names: John Stephen Piper
- Popular As: Piper
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Theologian, Pastor, and Author
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christian
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
John Piper Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 75 years (2021)
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Date of Birth: January 11, 1946
- Place of Birth: Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States of America
- Birthday: 11th January
John Piper Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 4 inches (1.65 meters)
- Weight: 153 lbs (75 kg)
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Grey
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: Not Available
- Waist Size: Not Available
John Piper Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Bill Piper
- Mother: Ruth Piper
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Beverly
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Noël Henry
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Karsten, Abraham, Barnabas, and Benjamin Piper) Daughter (s) (Talitha Piper)
John Piper Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $25 Million
- Salary: $120,000
- Source of Income: Theologian, Pastor, and Author
John Piper House and Cars
- Place of living: Knoxville, Tennessee, USA.
- Cars: To be Updated
John Piper Career
John Piper Sermons
Piper is founder and teacher of desiringGod.org; he is also an author of more than 50 books and travels regularly to preach and teach. New messages are updated to this podcast as they become available. His sermons, books, articles, and more are available free of charge at desiringGod.org.
John Piper Church and Desiring God
In 1994, Piper founded Desiring God Ministries, with the aim of “spreading a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ.” Desiring God Ministries offers all of Piper’s sermons and articles from the past three decades—and most of his books—online free of charge, while also offering Piper-related media for sale, and regularly hosting conferences.
He took an eight-month leave of absence from his ministry from May 1, 2010, to January 9, 2011. Piper announced in June 2011 that he would soon step down from his role as pastor. A candidate to replace him was announced in March 2012, and on May 20, 2012, Jason Meyer was voted in (784 Yes to 8 No) to be the next Pastor for Preaching & Vision, replacing John Piper.
On Easter Sunday, March 31, 2013, Piper preached his last sermon as pastor of Bethlehem Baptist and announced in an open letter to the congregation that he and his family would be moving to Tennessee for at least a year so that the new leadership can develop a strategic vision for the church without distractions.
In 2010, a book honoring Piper was published For the Fame of God’s Name: Essays in Honor of John Piper included contributions from Don Carson, Sinclair Ferguson, G. K. Beale, Thomas R. Schreiner, Wayne Grudem, Al Mohler, C. J. Mahaney, Mark Dever, John MacArthur, and Bill Mounce.
John Piper A Hunger For God
He is the author of the book hunger for God. In the book, he states that; There is an appetite for God. And it can be awakened.
John Piper Fasting
You can get Piper’s teachings about fasting from his website www.desiringgod.org.
John Piper Marriage Book
Regarding marriage, Piper wrote a book by the name “This Momentary Marriage”. Reviewing over forty years of matrimony, John Piper exalts the biblical meaning of marriage over its emotion, exhorting couples to keep their covenant as a display of Christ’s covenant-keeping love for the church.
Piper aims to lift the church’s low view of marriage to something infinitely greater, namely, a vision of Jesus’s unswerving allegiance to and affection for his bride. This book unpacks the biblical vision, its unexpected contours, and its weighty implications for married, single, divorced, and remarried alike.
John Piper Books
Some of Piper’s Books are:
- Love Your Enemies: Jesus’ Love Command in the Synoptic Gospels and the Early Christian Paraenesis (Cambridge University Press, 1980; Baker, 1991)
- The Justification of God: An Exegetical and Theological Study of Romans 9:1–23 (Baker, 1983; 2nd ed, 1993)
- Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist (Multnomah, 1986; 2nd ed, 1996; 3rd ed, 2003; 4th ed [25th Anniversary], 2011)
- The Supremacy of God in Preaching (Baker, 1990, 2nd ed, 2003)
- The Pleasures of God (Multnomah, 1991; Expanded edition, 2000)
- Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (Co-editor) (Crossway, 1991)
- Let the Nations Be Glad! The Supremacy of God in Missions (Baker, 1993, 2nd Edition 2003)
- Future Grace: The Purifying Power of Living By Faith In Future Grace (Multnomah, 1995)
- A Hunger for God: Desiring God Through Fasting and Prayer (Crossway, 1997)
- A Godward Life: Savoring the Supremacy of God in All of Life (Multnomah, 1997)
- God’s Passion for His Glory: Living the Vision of Jonathan Edwards (Crossway, 1998)
- The Innkeeper (Crossway, 1998)
- A Godward Life, Book Two: Savoring the Supremacy of God in All of Life (Multnomah, 1999)
- The Legacy of Sovereign Joy: God’s Triumphant Grace in the Lives of Augustine, Luther, and Calvin (Crossway, 2000)
- The Hidden Smile of God: The Fruit of Affliction in the Lives of John Bunyan, William Cowper, and David Brainerd (Crossway, 2001)
- Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ (Crossway, 2001, 2nd edition, 2004)
- The Dangerous Duty of Delight: Daring to Make God the Object of Your Desire (Multnomah, 2001)
John Piper Quotes
Some of Piper’s quotes are:
- God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him”
- “One of the great uses of Twitter and Facebook will be to prove at the Last Day that prayerlessness was not from lack of time.”
- “If you don’t feel strong desires for the manifestation of the glory of God, it is not because you have drunk deeply and are satisfied. It is because you have nibbled so long at the table of the world. Your soul is stuffed with small things, and there is no room for the great.”
- If you live gladly to make others glad in God, your life will be hard, your risks will be high, and your joy will be full.”
- Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there. The gospel is not a way to get people to heaven; it is a way to get people to God. It’s a way of overcoming every obstacle to everlasting joy in God. If we don’t want God above all things, we have not been converted by the gospel.”
- Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God.”
Frequently Asked Questions About John Piper
Who is John Piper?
John Piper is an American Theologian, Pastor, and Author, who was born on January 11, 1946 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He currently serves as a Chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and is the Founder and Senior Teacher of “desiringGod.org,” which was named for his book Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist. Previously, he served as a biblical studies teacher at Bethel University from 1974 to 1980.
How old is John Piper?
Piper is 75 years old as of 2021, he was born on January 11, 1946, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States of America.
How tall is John Piper?
John stands at a height of 5 feet 4 inches (1.63 meters).
Is John Piper married?
Yes, he is currently married his wife Noël Henry, the author of Treasuring God in Our Traditions and Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God. The couple tied the knot in December 1968, and they are blessed with five children, four sons named Abraham, Barnabas, Benjamin, and Karsten Piper, and an adopted daughter named Talitha Piper.
How much is John Piper worth?
Piper has an estimated net worth of $25 million dollars as of 2021. This includes his assets, money and income. His primary source of income is his career as a Theologian, Pastor, and Author.
How much does John make?
John receives an annual average salary of $120,000 dollars as of 2021.
Where does Piper live?
He is a resident of Knoxville, Tennessee, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Is John dead or alive?
He is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Piper now?
John is still pursuing his career as a founder and senior teacher of desiringGod.org, and chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
John Piper Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Amanda Piper
- Leah Pipes
- Desire Luzinda
- Piper Gooding
- Hunter Hill
- Paul Washer
- Max Lucado
- Ron Carpenter
- Jimmy Evans
- Evan Joseph Asher Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Parents, Autism and Net Worth
- Annet Mahendru Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, Wife, Actress, Salary, and Net worth
- Lil Durk Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Family, Brother, India Royale, Girlfriend, Rumors and Net Worth
- Apolo Anton Ohno Bio, Wiki, Age, Nationality, Height, Wife, Married, Girlfriend, Gold Medal, Olympics, and Net Worth
- LaMelo Ball Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Shoes, Tattoo, Salary, Net Worth
- Ryan Gosling Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, Wife, Kids, Movies, Drive, Notebook, and Net Worth.
Featured Famous Pastors and Preachers
- Adrian Rogers
- Alistair Begg
- Allen Jackson
- Alvin Love Ii
- Andrew Wommack
- Bill Johnson
- Bishop Dale Bronner
- Carroll Roberson
- Cathe Laurie
- Charles Stanley
- Chris Hodges
- Chuck Smith
- Costi Hinn
- Daniel Kolenda
- Dave Meyer
- David Ring
- Dodie Osteen
- Donnie Swaggart
- E Dewey Smith
- Eva Rodriguez
- Gabriel Swaggart
- Gloria Copeland
- Gregory Dickow
- Jack Hayford
- Jack Hibbs
- James Merritt
- Joel Osteen
- John Ramirez
- Joyce Meyer
- Kathryn Kuhlman
- Kay Arthur
- Lester Sumrall
- Lori Bakker
- Marilyn Hickey
- Mark Finley
- Matthew Hagee
- Michael Beckwith
- Michael Todd
- Morris Cerullo
- Pastor Calvin Roberson
- Paul Washer
- Perry Stone
- Pete Wilson
- Rance Allen
- Robert Madu
- Robert Morris
- Samuel Rodriguez
- Shawn Bolz
- Thomas Wesley Weeks Iii
- Tony Campolo