Joshua Harris (Pastor) Biography and Wiki
Joshua Harris (b. Joshua Eugene Harris 30 Dec 1974) is an American author and former pastor who was born and brought up in Dayton, OH, United States of America. Harris is famous for writing the book I Kissed Dating Goodbye which has helped shape purity culture for many Christian millennials. However, he discontinued the publication of I Kissed Dating Goodbye in 2018. He also served as the lead pastor of Covenant Life Church in Gaithersburg, MD. He separated with his wife Shannon Hendrickson in 2019 and has seized being a Christian since.
Read on for Joshua Harris Pastor Bio-Wiki-Age-Wife-Family-Books-Net Worth-Parents-Height, and more.
Joshua Harris Age
Moving on to his age, Joshua Harris is 46 years of age as of 2020, he was born on 30 Dec 1974, in Dayton, OH, United States. He celebrates his birthday on 30 Dec every year and his birth sign is Capricorn.
Joshua Harris Height
Joshua stands at an average height and has moderate weight. He appears to be quite tall in stature if his photos, relative to his surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding his actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We are keeping tabs and will update this information once it is out.
Joshua Harris Family
Joshua Harris was born to both parents in a large-sized family in Dayton, OH. His father Gregg Harris and mother Sono Harris are pioneers in the Christian homeschooling movement. Additionally, his mother is of Japanese descent. Pastor Joshua Harris was raised alongside his six siblings, some of his brothers include twins Brett Harris and Alex Harris, Joel Harris. His other siblings have maintained a low profile.
Additionally, Joshua’s twin brothers Alex and Brett have authored The Rebelution. Nevertheless, as soon as additional information about his brothers and sisters is available we shall update all his family members immediately.
Joshua Harris Wife | Joshua And Shannon Harris
Is Joshua Harris still married? Joshua is currently married but separated from his longtime wife Shannon Hendrickson. Both Harris and his wife Shannon announced they were separating on their Instagram accounts in July 2019 but still remain friends. Harris married Shannon Hendrickson in 1998 in a private wedding ceremony attended by close friends and family. Joshua and his estranged wife Shannon are blessed with three children from their 19-year matrimonial marriage, Joshua Quinn, Mary Kate, and Emma Grace.
Shannon Hendrickson caught Joshua’s eye when she shared her story in the church of her journey to becoming a Christian. Shannon was just fresh from College while Joshua was living with pastor C.J. Mahoney’s family. Since their separation, Shannon Hendrickson goes by the name Shannon Bonne.
Additionally, Joshua Harris’s estranged wife Shannon Harris is a Singer & Songwriter who grew up in New Jersey & Maryland. She was raised by a single father.
Joshua Harris Net Worth
Joshua Harris Net Worth is publicly not available. His primary source of income was his career as a pastor. Through his various sources of income, we believe that Joshua has been able to accumulate a good net worth but prefers to keep it private. We will update this section once this information is available.
Joshua Harris Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Joshua.
Joshua Harris Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Joshua Eugene Harris
- Popular As: Joshua Harris
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Author and former pastor
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: X-Christian
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Joshua Harris Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 46 years (2020)
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Date of Birth: 30 Dec 1974
- Place of Birth: Dayton, OH
- Birthday: 30 Dec
Joshua Harris Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: Not Known
- Weight: Not Known
- Eye Color: Not Available
- Hair Color: Brown (Bald)
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Joshua Harris Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): father Gregg Harris
- Mother: Sono Harris
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Seven Brothers (Brett Harris, Alex Harris, and Joel Harris)
- Marital Status: Separated
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Shannon Hendrickson
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Joshua Quinn) Daughter(s) (Mary Kate, and Emma Grace)
Joshua Harris Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: Under Review
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Author and former pastor
Joshua Harris House and Cars
- Place of living: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Boy Meets Girl Joshua Harris
Purpose Driven Romance The last thing singles want is more rules. But if you’re looking for an intentional, God-pleasing game plan for finding a future spouse, Joshua Harris delivers an appealing one. A compelling new foreword, an all-new “8 Great Courtship Conversations” section, and updated material throughout makes this five-year revision of the original Boy Meets Girl a must-have! Joshua Harris illustrates how biblical courtship – a healthy, joyous alternative to recreational dating – worked for him and his wife. Boy Meets Girl presents an inspiring, practical example for readers wanting to pursue the possibility of marriage with someone they may be serious about.
Joshua Harris I Kissed Dating Goodbye
I Kissed Dating Goodbye is the first book by Joshua Harris which he wrote when he was 21 years. It inspires a call to sincere love, real purity, and purposeful singleness. It remains the benchmark for books on Christian dating.
I Kissed Dating Goodbye shows what it means to entrust your love life to God. Joshua Harris shares his story of giving up dating and discovering that God has something even better—a life of sincere love, true purity, and purposeful singleness.
Joshua Harris Author
- Joshua Harris published the New Attitude magazine from 1994 to 1997. New Attitude magazine was aimed at fellow homeschoolers. However, he published his first book, I Kissed Dating Goodbye in 1997 and it has sold more than one million copies worldwide. Additionally, Harris was interviewed as reconsidering the book’s prescriptions and apologized to people who said they had been hurt by them.
- His later publications include Boy Meets Girl (2000), in part describing his engagement to his wife, Shannon; Not Even a Hint: Guarding Your Heart Against Lust, released in 2003 and renamed Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is) in 2005; and Stop Dating the Church!: Fall in Love with the Family of God (2004). His publishers agreed in 2018 that the original book and two other follow-up books would not be reprinted once the current stock was depleted.
- Harris’ book known as Dug Down Deep highlights his passion for what he calls “Humble Orthodoxy.” In early 2010 that when it was released, Harris shares his own journey towards love for theology, and theological concepts that changed his life.
Joshua Harris Divorce
I Kissed Dating Goodbye, written by Joshua Harris and first published in 1997, argued that traditional dating was “a training ground for divorce” …
Boy Meets Girl Joshua Harris Quotes
- Living to glorify God means doing everything…
to point to His greatness
and to reflect His goodness.“Terms don’t define our lives; our lives define our terms.”
- “Women need to remember that if nature has made them plain, grace can make them beautiful, and if nature has made them beautiful, good deeds can add to their beauty. Grace will make you beautiful and will attract truly godly men to you. Make godliness and inward beauty your priority.”
- “During courtship, guarding each other’s purity and refraining from intimacy are the acts of lovemaking.”
- “In fact, the Bible tells us that the union of man and woman in marriage points to the climatic final scene – when Christ returns for His church, the bride He died to save
- “No matter where we are today or what mistakes we’ve made in the past, He has given us everything we need to glorify Him right now.”
- “We should never use spiritual activities as a way to grab for more intimacy than is appropriate for our relationship.”
- “We can’t change by fancy methods. We can’t change by mere willpower. But God’s Spirit working in us can help us to “will and to act according to his good purpose” (Philippians 2:13).”
Joshua Harris Covenant Life Church |Joshua Harris Md |Pastor Joshua Harris |Joshua Harris Church
- Harris moved from Oregon to Gaithersburg in 1997, MD to be a “pastoral intern.” Here “, a charismatic Calvinist and founding pastor of megachurch Covenant Life Church C. J. Mahaney, took Harris under his wing and groomed him to take over the church.”
- He began Sovereign Grace Ministries’ New Attitude Conference for Christian singles in 1999, with inspiration and guidance from Louie Giglio, founder of Passion Conferences. He continued frequently to organize and lead this conference from 1999 until 2011, although in 2009 it was renamed “Next.” The primary focus of New Attitude was to provide young Christians with what organizers believe is the biblical truth of the gospel and to emphasize the importance of the church in the lives of all Christians. New Attitude’s focus is that the truth should be conveyed with humility and uses the term Humble Orthodoxy to represent this.
- In 2004, Joshua Harris assumed the role of senior pastor for Covenant Life Church at the age of 30. He announced his resignation from that role due to a desire to broaden his views and connect to other parts of Christianity in Jan, 2015 .
“He said that the isolation of Covenant Life, and of a small cluster of churches of which it was a part, may have fed leadership mistakes, including the decision of pastors himself among them to handle a child sexual abuse case internally instead of going to police.”
Joshua Harris Books
- I Kissed Dating Goodbye
- Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is): Sexual Purity in a Lust-Saturated World
- Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello to Courtship
- Why Church Matters: Discovering Your Place in the Family of God
- Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is) – A Study Guide for Men: Sexual Purity in a Lust-Saturated World
- Dug Down Deep: Unearthing What I Believe and Why It Matters
- I Kissed Dating Goodbye: A New Attitude Toward Relationships and Romance
- I Kissed Dating Goodbye: Study Guide
- Not Even a Hint by Joshua Harris (10-Dec-2005) Hardcover
- Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is) – A Study Guide for Women: Sexuality Purity in a Lust-Saturated World
- Stop Dating the Church!: Fall in Love with the Family of God (LifeChange Books)
FAQs About Joshua Harris
Who is Joshua Harris?
Joshua Harris is an accomplished author and former pastor who is famous for writing the book I Kissed Dating Goodbye.
How old is Joshua Harris?
Joshua Harris’s age is 46 years as of 2020. Harris is an American national born on 30 Dec 1974, in Dayton, OH.
How tall is Joshua Harris?
Joshua stands at an average height, he has not shared his height with the public. His height will be listed once we have it from a credible source.
Is Joshua Harris married?
Yes, Joshua Harris is currently married but separated from his longtime wife Shannon Hendrickson. Both Harris and his wife Shannon announced they were separating on their Instagram accounts in July 2019 but still remain friends. Harris married Shannon Hendrickson in 1998 in a private wedding ceremony attended by close friends and family. Joshua and his estranged wife Shannon are blessed with three children from their 19-year matrimonial marriage, Joshua Quinn, Mary Kate, and Emma Grace.
How much is Joshua Harris worth?
Joshua Harris has not yet revealed his actual net worth. Nevertheless, as soon as we get and verify information about the wealth and properties under his name we shall update his actual net worth.
Where does J Harris live?
Joshua Harris is a resident of Vancouver, British Columbia. Moreover, as soon as we have his exact location of residence we shall upload pictures of his house immediately.
Is J Harris dead or alive?
Joshua is alive and in good health.
Where is J Harris Now?
Joshua Harris is pursuing his career in writing since he was fired as the lead pastor of Covenant Life Church.
Joshua Harris Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and