Joyce Meyer Biography
Joyce Meyer is an American Charismatic Christian author, bible teacher, and speaker, who was born and brought up in St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America. She is widely known as the president of Joyce Meyer Ministries. She is one of the best-selling authors of all time, with over 100 million books in circulation in over 100 languages. Her television program, Enjoying Everyday Life, is broadcast to millions of viewers around the world.
Meyer began her Christian ministry in 1976 as an associate pastor at Life In The Word Fellowship in St. Louis. In 1985, she resigned from her position at Life In The Word to start her own ministry.
Meyer’s ministry is known for its emphasis on practical Christianity and its message of hope and encouragement. She often speaks about overcoming challenges, finding joy in everyday life, and developing a strong relationship with God.
Meyer’s books and teachings have been praised by many for their helpfulness and inspiration. She has also been criticized by some for her prosperity gospel teachings and her emphasis on personal empowerment.
10 Quick Facts About Joyce Meyer
- Name: Joyce Meyer
- Age: 80 years old
- Birthday: June 4
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Height: 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m)
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Charismatic Christian Author, Bible Teacher, and Speaker
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: $8 Million
Joyce Meyer Age
Meyer is 80 years old. She was born on June 4, 1943, in south St. Louis, Missouri, United States. She celebrates her birthday on 4 June every year and her birth sign is Gemini.
Joyce Meyer Height
Meyer stands at a height of 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m). Her body measurements are 37-28-38 inches.
Joyce Meyer Weight
Meyer weighs 75 kg (165 lbs). She has brown eyes and dark brown hair.
Early Life and Education
Joyce Meyer was born Pauline Joyce Hutchison on June 4, 1943, in south St. Louis, Missouri. Her father went into the army to fight in World War II soon after she was born, and she has said in interviews that he began sexually abusing her upon his return. She attended O’Fallon Technical High School in St. Louis and married a part-time car salesman shortly after her senior year of high school. The marriage lasted five years.
Meyer was briefly a member of Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in St. Louis, but she soon became involved in Life Christian Center, a charismatic church in Fenton. She began leading an early-morning Bible class at a local cafeteria and quickly rose through the ranks of the church, becoming associate pastor within a few years.
Meyer’s early education was limited. She did not attend college, but she did earn a PhD in theology from Life Christian University in Tampa, Florida. She has also received honorary doctorates from Oral Roberts University and Grand Canyon University.
Rise to Fame
Joyce Meyer’s rise to fame began in 1985 when she resigned from her position as associate pastor at Life Christian Center to start her own ministry. She called her ministry Joyce Meyer Ministries and began hosting a weekly television program called Enjoying Everyday Life.
Meyer’s ministry quickly gained popularity due to her down-to-earth approach to Christianity and her message of hope and encouragement. She often spoke about overcoming challenges, finding joy in everyday life, and developing a strong relationship with God.
In addition to her television program, Meyer also began writing books. Her first book, Life in the Balance, was published in 1996 and became a New York Times bestseller. She has since published over 100 books, which have been translated into over 100 languages and sold over 100 million copies worldwide.
Meyer’s ministry has also expanded to include conferences, retreats, and other events. She travels extensively around the world, speaking to audiences of all sizes.
Joyce Meyer Family, Parents
Meyer was born and raised by her parents in Missouri. Our efforts to find out more about her family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of Joyce’s parents is still unclear. We will update this section once this information is available.
Joyce Meyer Father
Joyce’s father joined the military even before she was born. He was among the soldiers who fought in World War II. When he came back, Joyce said that her dad used to sexually abuse her which in turn affected her teenage years.
In a sermon, Meyer detailed the many occasions and tactics her father would use while she was growing up to abuse her, such as when her mother would go out shopping, or when he would take her swimming. She revealed that her father abused other girls as well.
Joyce Meyer Brother
Meyer has a brother named David Hutchison, who died alone in some abandoned building and was found by a homeless man 30 days later. He had joined the army where his sergeant introduced him to drugs to help him cope with the horrors of war.
David Hutchison, Joyce Meyer’s brother was 10 years younger and her only sibling. They were both abused in different ways by their alcoholic father. He had joined the army at 17 years old where his sergeant introduced him to drugs to help him cope with the horrors of war.
David eventually got married and had a son. Then he divorced his wife and ran away. Hutchison died alone in some abandoned building and was found by a homeless man 30 days later.
Joyce Meyer Husband
Joyce is currently married to her husband Dave Meyer. The couple tird the knot on 7 January 1967. They have four grown children. Joyce was previously married to a part-time car salesman shortly after her senior year of high school. The marriage lasted for five years.
Joyce Meyer Children
Joyce and her husband Dave Meyer have four children together, two sons named David Meyer and Daniel B. Meyer, and two daughters named Laura Marie Holtzmann and Sandra Ellen McCollom.
Joyce Meyer Net Worth
Joyce has an estimated net worth of $8 million dollars as of 2023. This includes her assets, money and income. Her primary source of income is her career as a Charismatic Christian author, bible teacher, and speaker. Through her various sources of income, Joyce has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Joyce Meyer Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Joyce.
Joyce Meyer Wiki
- Full Names: Pauline Joyce Hutchison
- Popular As: Joyce Meyer
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Charismatic Christian Author, Bible Teacher, and Speaker
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christian
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Joyce Meyer Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 80 years old
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Date of Birth: June 4, 1943
- Place of Birth: St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Birthday: June 4
Joyce Meyer Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: 37-28-38 inches
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m)
- Weight: 75 kg (165 lbs)
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Breast Size: 37 inches
- Waist Size: 28 inches
- Hip Size: 38 inches
Joyce Meyer Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Not Known
- Mother: Not Known
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): David Hutchison
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Married to Dave Meyer
- Dating / Boyfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (David Meyer, Daniel B. Meyer) Daughter(s) (Laura Marie Holtzmann, Sandra Ellen McCollom)
Joyce Meyer Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $8 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Charismatic Christian Author, Bible Teacher, and Speaker
Joyce Meyer Ministry
Meyer resigned as associate pastor in the year 1985 and founded her own ministry, initially called “Life in the Word.” She bstarted airing her radio show on six other stations from Chicago to Kansas City.
In the year 1993, her husband Dave suggested that they start a television ministry. Initially airing on superstation WGN-TV in Chicago as well as Black Entertainment Television (BET), her program, now called Enjoying Everyday Life, is still on the air today.
In the year 2002, mainstream publisher Hachette Book Group paid Meyer over $10 million for the rights to her backlist catalog of independently released books.
In the year 2004 St. Louis Christian television station KNLC, operated by the Rev. Larry Rice of New Life Evangelistic Center, dropped Meyer’s programming. According to Rice, a longstanding Meyer supporter, Meyer’s “excessive lifestyle” as well as her teachings often going “beyond Scripture” were the impetus for canceling the program. In the year 2005, Time magazine’s “25 Most Influential Evangelicals in America” ranked Meyer as 17th.
Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional
Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional
November 9, 2023
Theme: Tests and Trials
Scripture: “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of various kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” (James 1:2-4)
God allows us to go through tests and trials for a reason. He wants to help us grow and become more like Him. When we face challenges, we have the opportunity to learn and develop new strengths. We also have the opportunity to grow in our faith and trust in God.
James 1:2-4 tells us that we should consider it pure joy when we face trials. This may seem difficult to do, but it is important to remember that God is using our trials to help us grow. He wants us to be mature and complete Christians.
When we are going through a trial, it is important to remember that God is with us. He loves us and He wants to help us through it. We can pray to Him and ask for His strength and guidance. We can also read the Bible and remind ourselves of God’s promises.
Here are some practical tips for dealing with tests and trials:
- Pray and ask God for help.
- Read the Bible and remind yourself of God’s promises.
- Focus on the positive and don’t give up.
- Surround yourself with supportive people.
Joyce Meyer Bible Study
The Everyday Life Bible is the latest edition of Joyce’s popular study Bible, which is helping more than 1 million people go deeper in their Bible study. Now available in the most current Amplified translation (2015), Joyce’s study tips will help you apply God’s Word to your everyday life.
Joyce Meyer Ministries
Joyce Meyer Ministries exists to impact the world for Christ. We feel we are called to present the Gospel, feed the hungry, clothe the poor, minister to the elderly, widows, and orphans, visit prisoners, and reach out to people through love and compassion.
Joyce Meyer Podcast
Watch or listen to the daily broadcast or podcast of Joyce Meyer Enjoying Everyday Life or Everyday Answers.
Joyce Meyer Books
- Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
- How to Hear From God: Learn to Know His Voice and Make the Right Decisions
- Beauty For Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing (Revised Edition)
- The Penny
- The Love Revolution
- The Joy of Believing Prayer: Deepen Your Friendship With God
- A New Way of Living: Transform Your Life by Knowing Christ
- Change Making Choices That Lead To Personal Growth
- Prepare to Prosper: Moving from the Land of Lack to the Land of Plenty (Prepack 10 Edition)
- Reduce Me to Love: Unlocking the Secret to Lasting Joy
- Do It Afraid! Obeying God in the Face of Fear
- In Pursuit of Peace: 21 Ways to Conquer Anxiety, Fear, and Discontentment
- A New Way of Living: Understanding What It Means to Be a Christian
- Me and My Big Mouth: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose
- When, God, When?
- How to Hear from God: Learn to Know His Voice and Make Right Decisions (Large Print)
- Help Me, I’m Married!
- Reduce Me to Love: Unlocking the Secret to Lasting Joy
- Enjoying a Life of Freedom
- Enjoying Where You Are On the Way to Where You Are Going: Learning How to Live a Joyful, Spirit-Led Life
- Me and My Big Mouth: Your Answer Is Right Under Your Nose
- The power of simple prayer
- Never give up
- Seasons of Love: Celebrating the Tender Moments of Life (Seasons of Life Series)
- Change: Making Choices That Lead To Personal Growth
- No compromise
- Any Minute
- Knowing God Intimately: Being as Close to Him As You Want to Be
- I Dare You: Embrace Life with Passion
- Tell them I love them
- Living Beyond Your Feelings: Controlling Emotions So They Don’t Control You
- The Battle Belongs to the Lord: Overcoming Life’s Struggles Through Worship
- Eat and Stay Thin: Simple, Spiritual, Satisfying Weight Control
- Help Me I’m Alone: Trusting in God in Times of Loneliness and Grief
Joyce Meyer House
Meyer owns a $2 million home and houses worth another $2 million for her four children,” a $20 million headquarters, furnished with “$5.7 million worth of furniture, artwork. She also has “$10 million corporate jet and her husband’s $107,000 silver-gray Mercedes sedan.
Notable Travel, Events, and Experiences
Joyce Meyer is a world-renowned Christian author, speaker, and television personality. She has traveled extensively throughout her career, speaking to audiences of all sizes and visiting countries all over the world.
Here are some of Joyce Meyer’s most notable travel, events, and experiences:
- 1990: Meyer traveled to Africa for the first time, visiting Kenya and Tanzania. She was deeply moved by the poverty and suffering she saw, and she vowed to do whatever she could to help.
- 1995: Meyer launched her first major international conference, “Enjoying Everyday Life,” in St. Louis, Missouri. The conference was a huge success, attracting over 10,000 attendees.
- 1997: Meyer began hosting her weekly television program, “Enjoying Everyday Life.” The program is now broadcast in over 100 countries around the world.
- 2000: Meyer established Joyce Meyer Ministries International, a non-profit organization that provides humanitarian aid and relief to people in need around the world.
- 2005: Meyer was awarded the Order of the Lion of Judah by the President of Liberia for her humanitarian work in that country.
- 2009: Meyer’s book, “Battlefield of the Mind,” was awarded the Gold Medallion Book Award for Christian Living. The book has sold over 2 million copies and has been translated into over 60 languages.
- 2013: Meyer was awarded the National Religious Broadcaster Award for Excellence in Television for her work on the “Enjoying Everyday Life” program.
- 2017: Meyer received the SOAR! Award from Medicines for Humanity for her work in helping to improve the lives of people in developing countries.
- 2023: Meyer received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR).
Joyce Meyer continues to travel and speak extensively today. She is passionate about sharing the love of God with people all over the world. She is also committed to helping people overcome their challenges and live their best lives.
In addition to the events listed above, here are some other notable travel experiences that Joyce Meyer has had:
- Preaching to over 1 million people at a single event in India
- Meeting with world leaders such as Nelson Mandela and Bill Clinton
- Visiting remote villages in developing countries to provide humanitarian aid
- Speaking to audiences in prisons, hospitals, and other challenging environments
Future Aspirations and Goals
Joyce Meyer has not publicly stated her future aspirations and goals, but it is possible to infer some of them based on her current work and her previous statements.
Meyer is passionate about sharing the love of God with people all over the world. She has said that she wants to reach every nation with the gospel. She is also committed to helping people overcome their challenges and live their best lives.
Based on these aspirations, it is likely that Meyer will continue to travel and speak extensively in the future. She may also launch new initiatives to reach more people with her message of hope and encouragement.
Here are some specific goals that Meyer may pursue in the future:
Expand her ministry to reach more people in developing countries.
Develop new resources to help people overcome their challenges and live their best lives.
Partner with other organizations to provide humanitarian aid and relief to people in need.
Continue to share her message of hope and encouragement through her books, television program, and speaking engagements.
Social Impact: Philanthropic, Charitable and Community Involvement
Joyce Meyer and her non-profit organization, Joyce Meyer Ministries International, have had a significant social impact through their philanthropic, charitable, and community involvement.
Here are some of the ways that Joyce Meyer has made a social impact:
- Providing humanitarian aid and relief to people in need around the world. Joyce Meyer Ministries International has provided food, water, clothing, shelter, and medical care to millions of people in need. The organization has also helped to rebuild homes and schools in areas that have been affected by war, natural disasters, and other crises.
- Empowering women and children in developing countries. Joyce Meyer Ministries International has programs that provide women and children with access to education, healthcare, and vocational training. The organization also helps women to start their own businesses and become self-sufficient.
- Supporting Christian ministries around the world. Joyce Meyer Ministries International provides financial support to Christian ministries in over 100 countries. This support helps these ministries to reach their communities with the gospel and to provide practical assistance to those in need.
- Promoting Christian values in society. Joyce Meyer’s books, television program, and speaking engagements all promote Christian values such as love, forgiveness, and compassion. Meyer’s ministry has helped to make a positive impact on society by encouraging people to live their lives according to these values.
Joyce Meyer is a true philanthropist and she is committed to making a positive impact on the world. She is a role model for many Christians and her ministry continues to grow and reach more people every day.
Here are some specific examples of Joyce Meyer’s philanthropic, charitable, and community involvement:
- Joyce Meyer Ministries International has provided over $1 billion in humanitarian aid and relief to people in need around the world.
- The organization has helped to rebuild over 10,000 homes and schools in areas that have been affected by war, natural disasters, and other crises.
- Joyce Meyer Ministries International has provided educational scholarships to over 100,000 students in developing countries.
- The organization has also helped over 1 million women to start their own businesses.
- Joyce Meyer Ministries International provides financial support to over 10,000 Christian ministries in over 100 countries.
Joyce Meyer Awards Accomplishments and Achievements
Joyce Meyer has received numerous awards and accolades throughout her career, including:
- 2023: Lifetime Achievement Award from the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR)
- 2017: SOAR! Award from Medicines for Humanity
- 2013: National Religious Broadcaster Award for Excellence in Television
- 2012: American Christian Award for Lifetime Achievement
- 2011: Gold Medallion Book Award for Battlefield of the Mind
- 2009: Christian Booksellers Association Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2007: Evangelical Christian Publishers Association Gold Medallion Book Award for Living Beyond Your Feelings
- 2005: Order of the Lion of Judah from the President of Liberia
- 2003: Missouri Governor’s Award for Volunteer Service
- 1999: Christian Retailing’s Book of the Year Award for Battlefield of the Mind
Meyer has also been named one of the 25 most influential Christian leaders in the world by TIME magazine.
In addition to her awards and accolades, Meyer has also achieved great success as an author and speaker. She has written over 100 books, which have been translated into over 100 languages and sold over 100 million copies worldwide. Her television program, Enjoying Everyday Life, is broadcast to millions of viewers around the world.
Joyce Meyer’s legacy is one of hope, encouragement, and empowerment. She has used her platform to reach millions of people around the world with her message of the love of God. She has also been a strong advocate for women and children, and she has helped to make a positive impact on society through her philanthropic and charitable work.
Here are some of the ways that Joyce Meyer’s legacy will continue to be felt for generations to come:
- Her books and teachings will continue to inspire and uplift people all over the world. Meyer’s books have sold over 100 million copies and have been translated into over 100 languages. Her teachings are known for their practical advice and their emphasis on hope and encouragement.
- Her television program and speaking engagements will continue to reach millions of people with her message of the love of God. Meyer’s television program, “Enjoying Everyday Life,” is broadcast in over 100 countries around the world. She also travels extensively, speaking to audiences of all sizes.
- Her ministry will continue to provide humanitarian aid and relief to people in need around the world. Joyce Meyer Ministries International has provided over $1 billion in humanitarian aid and relief to people in need around the world.
- Her example of courage and perseverance will continue to inspire people to overcome their challenges and live their best lives. Meyer has overcome many challenges in her own life, and she has used her experiences to help others.
Hobbies and Interests
Joyce Meyer has said in interviews that she doesn’t really have many hobbies, but that one of her favorite things to do is spend time with her family. She also enjoys reading, playing games, and traveling.
Here are some specific hobbies and interests that Joyce Meyer has mentioned:
- Reading: Meyer enjoys reading a variety of genres, including Christian books, fiction, and non-fiction. She has said that reading helps her to learn and grow.
- Playing games: Meyer enjoys playing games with her family and friends. She has said that games are a fun way to bond with others and to have some lighthearted fun.
- Traveling: Meyer enjoys traveling to new places and learning about different cultures. She has said that travel helps her to expand her horizons and to see the world from a different perspective.
- Meyer has also said that she enjoys spending time in nature and being outdoors. She has said that being in nature helps her to relax and to connect with God.
Joyce Meyer’s personal beliefs are based on her Christian faith. She believes in the Bible as the inspired word of God and she follows the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Here are some of Joyce Meyer’s key personal beliefs:
- God loves everyone unconditionally. Meyer believes that God loves us all, regardless of our past mistakes or our current circumstances. She teaches that we can experience God’s love and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
- We can overcome any challenge with God’s help. Meyer believes that God is our source of strength and power. She teaches that we can overcome any challenge in our lives with God’s help.
- We are created in the image of God and we are worthy of His blessings. Meyer believes that we are all valuable and loved by God. She teaches that we can claim God’s blessings and favor in our lives.
- We have the power to choose joy and happiness. Meyer believes that we are not victims of our circumstances. She teaches that we can choose to be happy and joyful, even in the midst of difficult times.
- We are called to make a difference in the world. Meyer believes that we are all called to use our gifts and talents to serve others. She teaches that we can make a positive impact on the world by living out our faith.
Joyce Meyer is a remarkable woman who has used her platform to make a positive impact on the world. She is a powerful voice for hope, encouragement, and empowerment. She has helped millions of people around the world to overcome their challenges and live their best lives.
Joyce Meyer Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements and more about:
About InformationCradle Editorial Staff
This Article is produced by InformationCradle Editorial Staff which is a team of expert writers and editors led by Josphat Gachie and trusted by millions of readers worldwide.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date. For complain, correction or an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.