Joyce Meyer Biography
Joyce Meyer born Pauline Joyce Hutchison is a Charismatic Christian author and speaker and president of Joyce Meyer Ministries. She was born on June 4, 1943, in south St. Louis.
Meyer was a member of Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in St. Louis, a congregation of the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod. She began leading an early-morning Bible class at a local cafeteria and became active in Life Christian Center, a charismatic church in Fenton. Within a few years, Meyer was the church’s associate pastor.
The church became one of the leading charismatic churches in the area, largely because of her popularity as a Bible teacher. She also began airing a daily 15-minute radio broadcast on a St. Louis radio station. In 1985, Meyer resigned as associate pastor and founded her own ministry, initially called “Life in the Word.” She began airing her radio show on six other stations from Chicago to Kansas City.
In 1993, her husband Dave suggested that they start a television ministry. Initially airing on superstation WGN-TV in Chicago and Black Entertainment Television (BET), her program, now called Enjoying Everyday Life, is still on the air today.
In 2002, mainstream publisher Hachette Book Group paid Meyer over $10 million for the rights to her backlist catalog of independently released books.
In 2004 St. Louis Christian television station KNLC, operated by the Rev. Larry Rice of New Life Evangelistic Center, dropped Meyer’s programming. According to Rice, a longstanding Meyer supporter, Meyer’s “excessive lifestyle” and her teachings often going “beyond Scripture” were the impetus for canceling the program.
Joyce Meyer Age
Joyce Meyer was born on June 4, 1943, in south St. Louis. She turned 76 years old in 2019. Meyer celebrates her birthday on 4th June every year.
Joyce Meyer Husband – Joyce Meyer Marriage
Joyce is married to Dave Meyer. They were married on January 7, 1967, and have four grown children. She was previously married to a part-time car salesman shortly after her senior year of high school. The marriage lasted for five years.
Joyce Meyer Children – Joyce Meyer Family
Meyer has four grown children; Daniel B. Meyer, Sandra Ellen McCollom, Laura Marie Holtzmann, and David Meyer.
Joyce Meyer Father
Her father went into the army to fight in World War II soon after she was born. She has said in interviews that he began sexually abusing her upon his return. In a sermon, the Christian author detailed the numerous occasions and tactics her father would use while she was growing up to abuse her, such as when her mother would go out shopping, or when he would take her swimming. Meyer revealed that her father abused other girls as well.
Joyce Meyer Brother
David Hutchison, Joyce Meyer’s brother was 10 years younger and her only sibling. They were both abused in different ways by their alcoholic father. He joined the marines at age 17 and was in Vietnam. His Sergeant introduced him to more drugs to help them cope with the horrors of war. David eventually got married and had a son. Then he divorced his wife and ran away. He died alone in some abandoned building and was found by a homeless man 30 days later.
Joyce Meyer Net Worth
Meyer’s net worth is estimated to be about $8 Million.
Joyce Meyer Grandchildren
Dave and Meyer have eleven grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Joyce Meyer Books
• Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind
• How to Hear From God: Learn to Know His Voice and Make the Right Decisions
• Beauty For Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing (Revised Edition)
• The Penny
• The Love Revolution
• The Joy of Believing Prayer: Deepen Your Friendship With God
• A New Way of Living: Transform Your Life by Knowing Christ
• Change Making Choices That Lead To Personal Growth
• Prepare to Prosper: Moving from the Land of Lack to the Land of Plenty (Prepack 10 Edition)
• Reduce Me to Love: Unlocking the Secret to Lasting Joy
• Do It Afraid! Obeying God in the Face of Fear
• In Pursuit of Peace: 21 Ways to Conquer Anxiety, Fear, and Discontentment
• A New Way of Living: Understanding What It Means to Be a Christian
• Me and My Big Mouth: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose
• When, God, When?
• How to Hear from God: Learn to Know His Voice and Make Right Decisions (Large Print)
• Help Me, I’m Married!
• Reduce Me to Love: Unlocking the Secret to Lasting Joy
• Enjoying a Life of Freedom
• Enjoying Where You Are On the Way to Where You Are Going: Learning How to Live a Joyful, Spirit-Led Life
• Me and My Big Mouth: Your Answer Is Right Under Your Nose
• The power of simple prayer
• Never give up
• Seasons of Love: Celebrating the Tender Moments of Life (Seasons of Life Series)
• Change: Making Choices That Lead To Personal Growth
• No compromise
• Any Minute
• Knowing God Intimately: Being as Close to Him As You Want to Be
• I Dare You: Embrace Life with Passion
• Tell them I love them
• Living Beyond Your Feelings: Controlling Emotions So They Don’t Control You
• The Battle Belongs to the Lord: Overcoming Life’s Struggles Through Worship
• Eat and Stay Thin: Simple, Spiritual, Satisfying Weight Control
• Help Me I’m Alone: Trusting in God in Times of Loneliness and Grief
Joyce Meyer Bible Study
The Everyday Life Bible is the latest edition of Joyce’s popular study Bible, which is helping more than 1 million people go deeper in their Bible study. Now available in the most current Amplified translation (2015), Joyce’s study tips will help you apply God’s Word to your everyday life.
Joyce Meyer Quotes
• God’s mercy is fresh and new every morning.
• Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus but you don’t have to sit on it.
• Get up every day, love God, and do your best. He will do the rest.
• Watch out for the joy-stealers; gossip, criticism, complaining, faultfinding, and a negative, judgmental attitude.
• The best way to get along with people is to not expect them to be like you.
• If you can’t learn to enjoy your life when you have problems, you may never enjoy it because we’ll always have problems.
• Don’t give up on the people you love. Your patience and faithfulness may be exactly what they need to make a complete turnaround.
• Patience is not the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.
• There will be times where even the strongest believers might see things don’t appear possible but listening to God makes everything possible.
• If you don’t learn to control your thoughts, you will never learn how to control your behavior.
• God cares about everything that concerns you, so feel free to talk to him about everything.
• Patience is not simply the ability to wait – it’s how we behave while we’re waiting.
• If you stay busy thinking about the right things, the devil won’t be able to fill your mind with the wrong things.
• Your attitude belongs to you and it’s your choice if you want to have a good one.
• Stop labeling people just because they’re not like you.
• We need to do what we can do and let God do what we cannot.
• So what if you’re not perfect? Nobody else is either.
• If your inner life is not producing what you would like on the outside, don’t be discouraged, just be willing to change.
• Compliment people. Magnify their strengths, not their weaknesses.
• Once I realized that right thinking is vital to victorious living. I got more serious about thinking about what I was thinking about and choosing my thoughts carefully.
• During a storm, hope gives us the ability to look at things as they are and still be confident that something better is coming.
• We must not use our past as an excuse to stay in bondage.
• When fear knocks on your door, send faith to answer.
• When we fill our thoughts with the right things, the wrong ones have no room to enter.
• You can suffer the pain of change or suffer remaining the way you are.
• I may not be where I want to be but thank God I am not where I used to be.
• Courage is fear that has said it’s prayers and decided to go forward anyway.
• One mistake does not have to rule a person’s entire life.
• A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.
• Be a blessing to someone else.
• You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.
• There’s no happier person than a truly thankful, content person.
• Put your expectations on God, not on people.
• Character is doing what you don’t want to do but know you should do.
• Don’t wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to enjoy your life.
• Talk about what God has done in your life.
• A $2 dollar pencil and a dream can take you anywhere.
• When you pray, be sure that you listen also. You have things you want to say to God but He also has things He wants to say to you.
• Love should be the main theme of our lives.
• God has planted greatness in you. Let today be the beginning of a great adventure as you step into the gifts he’s given you.
Joyce Meyer House
Joyce Meyer Ministries
Joyce Meyer Ministries exists to impact the world for Christ. We feel we are called to present the Gospel, feed the hungry, clothe the poor, minister to the elderly, widows and orphans, visit prisoners and reach out to people through love and compassion.
Joyce Meyer Daily Devotional
Get Daily inspiration through bible scripture and devotional messages from Joyce Meyer. Follow the link
Joyce Meyer Ministries App
Get quick access to Joyce’s latest teachings with the official Joyce Meyer Ministries app!
• Daily Devotional
• Enjoying Everyday Life broadcast
• Enjoying Everyday Life radio
• Conference dates and details
Easy-to-share devotionals and broadcasts let you share with friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email in seconds.
The app is fresh every day: New devotional, new EEL broadcast, and new EEL radio.
Sometimes, the broadcast is available here before it even airs on TV
Joyce Meyer Podcast
Watch or listen to the daily broadcast or podcast of Joyce Meyer Enjoying Everyday Life or Everyday Answers.
Joyce Meyer Facts and Body Measurements
Here are some interesting facts you don’t want to miss about Meyer.
• Full Name: Pauline Joyce Meyer (nee Hutchison)
• Date of Birth: 4th June 1943
• Place of Birth: St. Louis, Missouri, United States.
• Birthday: 4th June.
• Nationality: American
• Fathers Name: To be Updated
• Mothers Name: To be Updated
• Siblings: One brother, David Hutchison
• Marital Status: Married
• Children/ Kids: 4 children, 2 sons, and 2 daughters
• Height/ How tall?: 5ft 7 in (1.71 meters)
• Weight: 132.28 lbs (60 kg)
• Occupation/Profession: Preacher, Teacher, Televangelist, Author, Businesswoman.
• NetWorth: $8 million
Frequently Asked Questions About Joyce Meyer
Who is Joyce Meyer?
Joyce Meyer is an American speaker, author, Bible teacher, and president of Joyce Meyer Ministries. She is also a televangelist, preacher, and wife to Dave Meyer.
How old is Joyce Meyer?
Meyer was born on 4th June 1943 in Missouri, United States. She turned 76 years old in 2019.
What is Joyce Meyer’s salary?
Meyer earns an estimated salary of $1.37 million annually from her ministry and sale of her books.
What religion is Joyce Meyer?
Meyer is a Christian. She first began fellowshipping at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in St. Louis while leading a morning Bible class at a local cafeteria in her hometown.
What kind of bible does Joyce Meyer use?
She uses The Everyday Life Bible.
What time does Joyce Meyer come on TV?
Her sermon is aired on Vision Tv on weekdays at 10 am ET / 7 am PT.
Is Joyce Meyer rich?
Joyce earns from her ministry, royalties from the sale of her books on amazon, conferences, website, and television program. She owns several homes, rides on luxurious cars and flies on a private jet. Some people criticized her lavish lifestyle and she responded by saying, “there’s no need for us to apologize for being blessed.”
Where does Joyce Meyer live?
She lives in St. Louis, Missouri with her husband Dave.
Who is Joyce Meyer’s father?
Her father joined the military even before she was born. He was among the soldiers who fought in World War II. When he came back, Joyce said that her dad used to sexually abuse her which in turn affected her teenage years.
Joyce Meyer Facebook
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.