Judge Judy Biography
Table of Contents
- 1 Judge Judy Biography
- 2 10 Facts About Judge Judy
- 3 Judge Judy Age
- 4 Judge Judy Height
- 5 Judge Judy Education
- 6 Judge Judy Family
- 7 Judge Judy Husband
- 8 Judge Judy Salary
- 9 Judge Judy’s Net Worth
- 10 Judge Judy Measurements and Facts
- 11 Judge Judy Wiki
- 12 Judge Judy Birthday
- 13 Judge Judy Body Measurements
- 14 Judge Judy Family and Relationship
- 15 Judge Judy Net Worth and Salary
- 16 Judge Judy Career
- 17 Judge Judy Episodes
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions about Judge Judy
- 19 Who is Judge Judy?
- 20 How old is Judge Judy?
- 21 How tall is Judge Judy?
- 22 Is Judge Judy married?
- 23 How much is Judy worth?
- 24 Where does Judge Judy live?
- 25 Is Judy dead or alive?
- 26 Judge Judy Contacts
- 27 Related Biographies
Judge Judy is an American Prosecutor, Former Manhattan Family Court Judge, TV Show Host, Producer, and Author who was brought up in Brooklyn, New York. She is widely for her own successful four-time Daytime Emmy Award-winning arbitration-based court show series, ‘Judge Judy’.
Judy has received several awards including ‘Daytime Emmy’ for Outstanding Legal/Courtroom Program and a Daytime Emmy Award. In 2015, she earned a place in the Guinness World Records for the longest-serving judge or arbiter in courtroom-themed programming history.
10 Facts About Judge Judy
- Name: Judge Judy
- Age: 79 years
- Birthday: 21 October
- Height: 5 feet 1 inch
- Weight: To be Updated.
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Prosecutor, Judge, TV Show Host, Producer, and Author
- Marital Status: To be Updated.
- Salary: To be Updated.
- Networth: $450 million
Judge Judy Age
Judy is 79 years old as of 2021 she was born on 21 October 1942 in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States of America. She celebrates her birthday on 21 October every year and her birth sign is Libra.
Judge Judy Height
Judge stands at a height of 5 feet 1 inch.
Judge Judy Education
Judy went to James Madison High School in Brooklyn. She then attended American University in Washington, D.C., from where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Government. She earned a Juris Doctor degree in 1965 from law school education at New York Law School.
Judge Judy Family
Judge was born to her parents Murray and Ethel Blum in Brooklyn, New York City. She described her father as “the greatest thing since sliced bread” and her mother as “a meat and potatoes kind of gal.” She spent her childhood with her sibling brother named David Blum.
Judge Judy Husband
Judy is married to Jerry Sheindlin, an American author, television personality, jurist and attorney. The couple tied the knot in 1977, divorced in 1990, then remarried in 1991. They are blessed with five adorable children named Gregory, Jamie, Jonathan, Adam, and Nicole, some from her husband’s previous marriage.
Judge Judy Salary
In July 2010 when Judge’s contract was renewed, her salary increased to $45 million per year. It was later reported in October 2013 that Sheindlin is the highest-paid TV star, earning $47 million per year for Judge Judy, which translates into just over $900,000 per workday (she works 52 days per year).
Judge Judy’s Net Worth
Judy has an estimated net worth of $450 million dollars as of 2021. This includes her assets, money, and income. Her primary source of income is her career as a Prosecutor, Former Manhattan Family Court Judge, TV Show Host, Producer, and Author. Through her various sources of income, she has been able to accumulate good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Judge Judy Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about her;
Judge Judy Wiki
- Full Names: Judith Susan Blum-Sheindlin
- Popular As: Judge
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Prosecutor, Judge, TV Show Host, Producer, and Author
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Judge Judy Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 79 years (2021)
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Date of Birth: 21 October 1942
- Place of Birth: Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Birthday: 21 October
Judge Judy Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 1 inch or 1.55 m
- Weight: 101 lbs or 46 kg
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Light Brown
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Judge Judy Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Murray Blum
- Mother: Ethel Blum
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): David Blum
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Married to Jerry Sheindlin
- Children: Gregory, Jamie, Jonathan, Adam and Nicole
Judge Judy Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $450 Million
- Salary: $47 Million
- Source of Income: Prosecutor, Judge, TV Show Host, Producer and Author
Judge Judy Career
Judge Sheindlin began her career in family court in 1972. In 1982, then New York Mayor Edward Koch appointed her to the bench. In 1986, she was appointed the Supervising Judge in Manhattan’s Family Court. She heard more than 20,000 cases during her career. She was tapped to teach all newly elected and appointed Family Court Judges for almost a decade.
In the family court, she earned a reputation as one of New York’s most effective judges. Judge is credited with pioneering an “open court policy,” allowing the public and the media to view the family court process. Sheindlin was the subject of a Los Angeles Times article in February 1993.
The story caught the attention of “60 Minutes,” which soon led to a segment on the iconic news magazine. After her appearance, she was approached about the possibility of presiding over cases on a television program. JUDGE JUDY premiered in national syndication on September 16, 1996.
In 1995, Judge Sheindlin published her first book, “Don’t Pee On My Leg and Tell Me It’s Raining,” in which she offers her insight into how and why the family court fails in its mission to impact shattered families. “Beauty Fades, Dumb Is Forever,” her second book, was published in January 1999. A New York Times best-seller, the book challenges women to be the best they can be.
Her first children’s book entitled, “Win or Lose By How You Choose” was published in 2000, followed by “You Can’t Judge A Book By Its Cover” the next year. Both books were designed as tools to help parents interact with their children and teach fundamental moral values. Judge’s third book for adults, “Keep It Simple, Stupid: You’re Smarter Than You Look,” also on the New York Times best seller list, published in 2000, shares her wisdom and opinions on solving everyday family squabbles.
She has appeared on “Saturday Night Live”; served as a judge for the “Miss America Pageant”; and was profiled on “CBS Sunday Morning,” “Nightline,” A&E’s “Biography,” MSNBC’s “Headliners & Legends,” E! Entertainment’s “Celebrity Profile” and Lifetime Television’s “Intimate Portrait.”
She has also been featured on “Today,” “Good Morning America,” “Dateline NBC,” “Larry King Live,” “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” “The Tonight Show,” “The View,” “Ellen” and “Entertainment Tonight.” Additionally, she has been the subject of interviews in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, USA Today, Family Circle, People, Time, Entertainment Weekly, Parade, Good Housekeeping, TV Guide, and Redbook.
In 2000, Judge Sheindlin received the “Distinguished Alumni Award” from New York Law School. In 2003, “60 Minutes II” interviewed Judge Sheindlin; updating the original “60 Minutes” classic from a decade earlier. Morley Safer conducted both interviews. Later that year, VH1 named Judge Sheindlin one of the “200 Greatest Pop Culture Icons.”
In 2007, Judge Sheindlin was named one of the top celebrities in entertainment in Forbes’ “Celebrity 100” List. Her first DVD, “Justice Served,” was released. Her second DVD, “Second to None,” was released in 2008. In 2009, Judge Sheindlin was interviewed for the “Archive of American Television,” which offered an in-depth look at her career and her life as a mother, wife and grandmother.
In 2015, Judge Sheindlin signed a multi-year contract through the 2020 broadcast season. The new agreement includes a joint venture with CBS Television Distribution and Judge Sheindlin’s Queen Bee Productions to produce new programming. Queen Bee’s first foray into television, HOT BENCH, was the highest-rated new first-run syndicated program in its freshman season last year. Also in 2015, Judge Sheindlin received the “Woman of the 21st Century Award” from The Women’s Guild at Cedars-Sinai.
Judge Judy Episodes
- Judge Judy / Episodes S25 E200 · Architecture Barter Gone Bad! 23 Jul 2021
- S25 E199 · Pit Bull Latches Onto Arm! 23 Jul 2021
- S25 E198 · Texts Tell a Different Story!; Annoying but Not Harassment!; Engine Blew? It’s up to You! 22 Jul 2021 S25 E197 ·
- Shooting at Murderous Rats!; Daddy’s Girlfriend 21 Jul 2021
- S25 E196 · Art of the $5,000 Con?!; Bad House Sitter? 15 Jul 2021
- S25 E195 · When Animals Attack … Your Car!; Grand Theft Restitution 13 Jul 2021
- S25 E194 · Stylist Left Me Bald?! 12 Jul 2021
- S25 E193 · Repo Payback Too Soon?; Jealousy-Fueled Phone Fight!; Goddaughter Beware! 9 Jul 2021 S25 E192 · Risky Mexican
- Vacey During COVID?!; Release My Parachute! 8 Jul 2021
- S25 E191 · The Guinea Pig That Almost Got Away!; Gambling and Hooking Up?! 7 Jul 2021
- S25 E190 · Security Deposit Sabotage?!; Oblivious Driver! 6 Jul 2021
- S25 E189 · DUI for Professional Driver!; The Twice-Stolen Puppy!; The Sound of Shattered Windows in the Morning! 18 Jun 2021
- S25 E188 · The Outsourcing Handyman!; Loan Expert in Financial Hot Water?! 18 Jun 2021
- S25 E187 · The Cell Phone Shuffle!; Psychotic Officer or Vandal Confession?!; Fire Victim Tragedy 17 Jun 2021
- S25 E186 · COVID Con Men?!; Felony Misdemeanor Bailout 17 Jun 2021
- S25 E185 · Felony Suspect Surprise?; Mother and Son Rock Fight!; The Case of the Missing Furniture! 16 Jun 2021
- S25 E184 · Dueling Newspapers!; Hoarder’s Fence Runneth Over?! 15 Jun 2021
- S25 E183 · Stranded Lazy Laborer?!; Tribal Moccasin Mix-Up!; Don’t Fence Me In! 14 Jun 2021
- S25 E182 · Vegas Road Trip Fail!; Hoarder or Heavy Drinker? 11 Jun 2021
- S25 E181 · Never Tell a Contractor to Stop! 10 Jun 2021
- S25 E180 · Fresh Out of Prison!; Crash After Bible Study! 9 Jun 2021
- S25 E179 · Judge Judy Makes a Call!; Mother vs. Son 8 Jun 2021 S25 E178 · Ungrateful Ex-Girlfriend?!; Porched Possessions Upset! 7 Jun 2021
- S25 E177 · Time Share Nightmare; Spooked Dog Damages House!; Freeway Crash 4 Jun 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Judge Judy
Who is Judge Judy?
Judge Judy is a famous Prosecutor, Former Manhattan Family Court Judge, TV Show Host, Producer, and Author. She is widely for her own successful four-time Daytime Emmy Award-winning arbitration-based court show series, ‘Judge Judy’. She has received several awards including ‘Daytime Emmy’ for Outstanding Legal/Courtroom Program and a Daytime Emmy Award.
How old is Judge Judy?
Judy is an American national born on 21 October 1942 in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States of America.
How tall is Judge Judy?
Judge stands at a height of 1.55 m.
Is Judge Judy married?
Yes, Judy is married to her husband Jerry Sheindlin, an American author, television personality, jurist, and attorney. The couple tied the knot in 1977, divorced in 1990, then remarried in 1991. They are blessed with five adorable children named Gregory, Jamie, Jonathan, Adam, and Nicole.
How much is Judy worth?
Judy has an approximate net worth of $450 million dollars. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Where does Judge Judy live?
Judy is a resident of Naples, Florida, USA, we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Is Judy dead or alive?
Judge is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Judge Judy Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
Other Famous Media Personalities
- Adam Richman
- Alan Autry
- Alex Curry
- Alex Kraemer
- Alex Scott
- Alexa Datt
- Amanda Taylor
- Amy Lawrence
- Amy Robach
- Ana Maria Polo
- Andrea Canning
- Andrew Fillipponi
- Ari Fleischer
- Ashley Shahahmadi
- Ben Robinson
- Bill Evans
- Boris Sanchez
- Britt Baker
- Brittany Boyer
- Carla Medrano
- Carley Shimkus
- Cecily Tynan
- Charles Gibson
- Cristy Lee
- Dagen Mcdowell
- Dallas Raines
- David Muir
- David Venable
- Dj Akademiks
- Donnie Simpson
- Elizabeth Cook
- Ella Dorsey
- Emily Jones
- Emily Kaplan
- Glenn Kirschner
- Greg Brown
- Greta Van Susteren
- Harris Faulkner
- Jackie Deangelis
- Jackie Redmond
- Jason Rantz
- Jericka Duncan
- Jessica Boyington
- Jessica Chobot
- Jimmy Failla
- Joe Martin
- John Cochran
- Jonathan Lemire
- Joy Reid
- Judy Woodruff
- Kari Lake
- Katie Daryl
- Kayla Braxton
- Keith Morrison
- Kevin O Connor
- Kim Johnson
- Leslie Marshall
- Lori Petty
- Mark Johnson
- Martha Sugalski
- Mattie Breaux
- Melody Holt
- Mia Mastroianni
- Michael Kay
- Michelle Diaz
- Michelle Miller
- Mike Missanelli
- Molly Mccollum
- Molly Rose
- Natalie Pinkham
- Rachel Campos Duffy
- Rachel Scott
- Raul Brindis
- Rob Marciano
- Sarah Richardson
- Shannon Bream
- Trysta Krick
- Vinny Guadagnino
- Whit Johnson
- Zena Foster