Judith Chapman Biography
Judith Chapman born Judith Shepard is an American actress, best known for soap opera roles, particularly as Natalie Bannon Hughes in As the World Turns, Ginny Blake Webber on General Hospital, Charlotte Greer on Ryan’s Hope, Anjelica Deveraux Curtis on Days of Our Lives, Sandra Montaigne on One Life to Live, and as Gloria Abbott Bardwell on The Young and the Restless.
Chapman is the daughter of retired United States Air Force general Leland C. Shepard Jr.. Her older sister Patty Shepard (born 1945) also worked as an actress. Chapman debuted at the age of 16 in the Spaghetti Western Sette donne per i MacGregor. In 1977, she tested for the role of Pam Ewing on CBS primetime soap opera, Dallas.
Judith Chapman has appeared on several daytime dramas since the mid-1970s. Chapman’s first soap role was scheming Natalie Bannon (one of Tom Hughes’ wives) on As the World Turns from 1975-1978.
A four-month stint as the mysterious Charlotte Greer on Ryan’s Hope in 1983 brought her critical acclaim. Chapman’s role had her character as part of a revenge plot against the Ryan family after lying to the press that she was Frank Ryan’s ex-wife.
Chapman joined the cast of General Hospital the following year as the devious Ginny Blake who was the biological mother of Mike Webber, adopted by Rick and Lesley. After Lesley’s “death”, Rick and Ginny married in an attempt to share custody and fell in love after Ginny was found to be the killer of D.L. Brock.
After that stint ended, Chapman had a brief role on One Life to Live as Sandra Montaigne, a con-artist out to scam ex-boyfriend Jonathan Russell. She was the third former General Hospital actress to play the role of Anjelica Devereaux Curtis on Days of Our Lives, playing that part from 1989-1990 and briefly in 1991.
Chapman made her first appearance on The Young and the Restless after that, briefly subbing for Jess Walton as Jill Abbott. In January 2005, she joined the cast of The Young and the Restless full-time replacing Joan Van Ark in the contract role of Gloria Fisher. In March 2011, it was announced that Chapman had been taken off her contract and bumped to recurring.
In October 2014, it was announced that Chapman would make a guest appearance as Gloria on The Bold and the Beautiful. Although Chapman made a few more appearances on The Young and the Restless into early 2015, she later indicated on numerous sources, including her Facebook fan page, that she believed that she had made her final appearance on Y&R, and that she didn’t believe the show would be using the character any longer.
However, in December 2016, Chapman made a triumphant return as the character of Gloria was once again thrust into the middle of a front burner storyline.
She guest starred on the final episode of Galactica 1980. She appeared in two episodes of Magnum, P.I. and three episodes of Murder, She Wrote. Her most recent film role was the mother of Judy (Parker Posey) in the 2002 romantic comedy, The Sweetest Thing.
Judith Chapman Age | How Old is Judith Chapman?
Chapman was born on November 15, 1951 in Greenville, South Carolina, United States. He is 67 years old as of 2019.
Judith Chapman Husband | Judith Chapman Husband Nelian Tyree
Chapman was married to Nelian Tyree from 1984 to 1986. The couple didn’t have any children during their time of marriage. As of now, Judith is very much single with no children or no man in her life.
Judith Chapman Net Worth
Chapman has an estimated net worth of $10 million which she has earned through her acting career.
Judith Chapman Partial Filmography
- Scalpel (1977) as Heather/Jane
- Desire (1983) as Julie Seaver
- Return of the Man from U.N.C.L.E. (1983 TV movie) as Z-65
- And God Created Woman (1988) as Alexandra
- Dead Space (1991) as Stote
- Fire on the Amazon (1993) as Sandra
- Night of the Running Man (1994) as Roz Chambers
- Scorpio One (1998) as Gibson
- 28 Days (2000) as Deirdre
- The Sweetest Thing (2002) as Judy’s Mother
- Liz & Dick as (2013 TV movie) BelasAir Socialite
- Saugatuck Cures (2015) as Maggie Callaghan
Partial television credits
- As the World Turns (1975–1978) as Natalie Bannon Hughes
- Kojak (1976) as Gretchen Hodges
- Barnaby Jones (1978) as Rita Lockwood
- Fantasy Island (1978) as Evelyn Wallace
- The Paper Chase (1979) as Amelia Hutton
- B. J. and the Bear (1980) as Pamela Gerard
- Beyond Westworld (1980) as Laura Garvey (Pilot episode only)
- Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (1980) as Lara Teasian
- Galactica 1980 (1980) as Angela
- The Incredible Hulk (1980) as Nancy
- Fitz and Bones (1981) as Clementine
- Magnum, P.I. (1981) as Lisa Page/Sara Clifford / Louise DeBolt Jackson (2 episodes)
- The Love Boat (1981) as Nancy Atwell
- The Fall Guy (1981–1983) as Kay Faulkner (4 episodes)
- Darkroom (1982) as Pamela
- Knight Rider (1982) as Ms. Elliot
- Ryan’s Hope (1983) as Charlotte
- Simon & Simon (1983) as Denise Carroll
- Trapper John, M.D. (1983) as Dr. Robin Yaeger
- General Hospital (1984–1986) as Ginny Blake Webber
- One Life to Live (1987) as Sandra Montaigne
- Stingray (1987) as Carla
- Murder, She Wrote (1987–1992) (3 episodes)
- MacGyver (1988) as Dr. Sandra Millhouse
- In the Heat of the Night (1989) as Charlotte Sinclair
- The Accident (1991) as Miss Radovich
- Days of Our Lives (1989–1991) as Anjelica Deveraux
- The Young and the Restless (2005–present) as Gloria Abbott Bardwell
- The Bold and the Beautiful (2014) as Gloria Abbott Bardwell