Judith Durham Biography
Judith Durham is an Australian singer, songwriter, and musician well-known for being the lead singer of the Australian popular folk music group The Seekers in 1963. The group subsequently became the first Australian pop music group to achieve major chart and sales success in the United Kingdom and the United States, and have sold over 50 million records worldwide. Judith left the group in mid-1968 to pursue her solo career.
Judith Durham Age
Judith is 77 years old as of 2020, she was born as Judith Mavis Cock on 3 July 1943, in the United States. She celebrates her birthday on July 3 every year and her birth sign is Cancer.
Judith Durham Height
Judith stands at an average height. She appears to be quite tall in stature of her photos, relative to her surroundings, which are anything to go by. However, details regarding her actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We will update this section when the information is available.
Judith attended Essendon Primary School. She spent summer holidays at her family’s weatherboard house on the west side of Durham Place in Rosebud. Her father accepted work in Hobart, Tasmania, in 1949. The family lived in Taroona, a suburb of Hobart, from early 1950 where Judith attended the Fahan School before moving back to Melbourne, residing in Georgian Court, Balwyn in 1956. She was educated at Ruyton Girls’ School Kew and then enrolled at RMIT.
Judith Durham Family
Judith is the daughter of Judith Mavis Cock a navigator and World War II pathfinder Hazel (née Durham).
After doing our research details about her parents are not available and it is also not known whether he has any siblings. This information will be updated as soon as it is available.v
Judith Durham Husband
Judith is married to her lovely husband Edgeworth who tied the knot on 21 November 1969 at Scots’ Church in Melbourne. Her husband was a pianist. They lived in the UK and Switzerland until the mid-1980s when they bought the property in Nambour, Queensland. During this reunion, Edgeworth was diagnosed with motor neuron disease. He died on 10 December 1994 with Durham by his side.
Judith Durham Accident
In the year 1990, Judith, Edgeworth, and their tour manager, Peter Summers, were involved in a car accident on the Calder Freeway. The driver of the other car died at the scene and Judith sustained a fractured wrist and leg. The response from her fans made Judith consider getting back together with the other members of the Seekers for a Silver Jubilee show.v
Judith Durham Net Worth
Judith’s net worth is publicly not available. Her primary source of income is her career as a singer, songwriter, and musician. Through her various sources of income, we believe that Judith has been able to accumulate a good net worth but prefers to keep it private. We will update this section once this information is available.
Judith Durham Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Judith;
Judith Durham Wiki
- Full Names: Judith Durham
- Popular As: Judith
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Singer and Songwriter
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: To be Updated
- Religion: To be Updated
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Judith Durham Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 77 years
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Date of Birth: 3 July 1943
- Place of Birth: United States
- Birthday: July 3
Judith Durham Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be Updated
- Height / How Tall?: Average
- Weight: Moderate
- Eye Color: To be Updated
- Hair Color: To be Updated
- Shoe Size: To be Updated
Judith Durham Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Hazel Durham
- Mother: Judith Mavis Cock
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): To be Updated
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Married to Edgeworth
- Dating / Boyfriend: To be Updated
- Children: To be Updated
Judith Durham Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: To be Updated
- Salary: To be Updated
- Source of Income: Her professional career as a singer and songwriter
Judith Durham House and Cars
- Place of living: To be Updated
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Judith Durham The Seekers
Judith is one of the members of The Seekers. The Seekers consisted of Durham, Athol Guy, Bruce Woodley, and Keith Potger, an ABC radio producer; through Potger’s position the three were able to make a demo tape in their spare time.
This was given to W&G Records, which wanted another sample of Durham’s voice before agreeing to record a Jazz Preachers’ album. W&G instead signed The Seekers for an album, Introducing The Seekers, in 1963. Judith, however, recorded two other songs with the Jazz Preachers, “Muddy Water” (which appeared on their album Jazz From the Pulpit) and “Trombone Frankie”.
Judith Durham Songs
- 1968: For Christmas with Love
- 1970: Gift of Song
- 1971: Climb Ev’ry Mountain
- 1974: Judith Durham and The Hottest Band in Town
- 1974: Judith Durham and The Hottest Band in Town Volume 2
- 1994: Let Me Find Love
- 2000: Hold On to Your Dream
- 1996: Mona Lisas
- 1977: Always There
- 1997: Future Road (with The Seekers)
- 2008: The Australian Cities Suite
- 2009: Up Close and Personal
- 2016: An Acappella Experience
- 2011: Epiphany
- 2013: It’s Christmas Time
- 1972: Here Am I
- 1993: The Silver Jubilee Album
- 1994: A Carnival of Hits
- 2011: Colours of My Life
- 2013: The Platinum Album
- 2018: So Much More
Judith Durham Awards and Achievements
Judith is undoubtedly a fine singer and songwriter as outlined in the following awards:
- 1994: Carl Alan Award for Best New Group
- 1967: Australians of the Year
- 1995: Australian Record Industry Association (ARIA) Hall of Fame.
- 1995: Australia Day Honours-Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM)
Honors and awards
- 2001: Centenary Medal by the Governor-General
- 2001: Durham was awarded the Centenary Medal by the Governor-General for valued service to Australian society through music.
- 2003: Rotary International invested Durham as a Paul Harris Fellow, in recognition of her extensive work on behalf of charities.
- 2006: Durham and the other members of The Seekers were presented with the Key to the City by Melbourne’s Lord Mayor, John So.
- 2012: Durham and the other members of the Seekers were honored by Australia Post with a special Legends Of Australian Music postage stamp.
Frequently Asked Questions About Judith Durham
Who is Judith Durham?
Judith Durham is an Australian singer, songwriter, and musician well-known for being the lead singer of the Australian popular folk music group The Seekers in 1963.
How old is Judith Durham?
Judith is 77 years old as of 2020, she was born as Judith Mavis Cock on 3 July 1943, in the United States.
How tall is Judith Durham?
Judith stands at an average height, she has not shared her height with the public. His/her height will be listed once we have it from a credible source.
What nationality is Judith Durham?
Judith is an American national.
How many siblings does Judith Durham have?
After doing our researched details about her parents are not available and it is also not known whether she has any siblings. This information will be updated as soon as it is available,
Is Judith Durham married?
Judith is married to her lovely husband Edgeworth who tied the knot on 21 November 1969 at Scots’ Church in Melbourne. Her husband was a pianist.
How much is Judith Durham worth?
Judith has not yet revealed her net worth. We will update this section when we get and verify the information about the wealth and properties under her name.
Is Judith Durham dead or alive?
Judith is still alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where does Judith Durham live?
Because of security reasons, Judith has not shared her precise location of residence. We will update this information if we get the location and images of her house.
Judith Durham Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.