Juno Temple Biography
Juno Temple (born as Juno Violet Temple) is an actress from England who is described as a diverse character actress. She is known for her roles in films such as Vinyl (on a starring role), Black Mass as Killer Joe, The Other Boleyn Girl, Wild Child, Atonement, Maleficent, The Three Musketeers, and The Dark Knight Rises.
Juno Temple Age
Temple is 29 years old as of 2018. She was born on 21 July 1989 in Hammersmith, London, England.
Juno Temple Family | Parents and Siblings
Juno was born and raised in a family of three children of film director Julien Temple and producer Amanda Pirie. She has two brothers, Leo and Felix and they are younger than her. British politician Nina Temple is her aunt. The family lived in Taunton, Somerset and Juno went to Enmore Primary School, Bedales School, and King’s College, in her hometown of Taunton.
Juno Temple Dating
Temple was in a relationship with American actor Michael Angarano. The two had met in 2012 on the set of The Brass Teapot. They began their relationship but by 2016, their relationship had ended.
Juno Temple’s Acting Career
Temple began acting as a child actress in the 1997 film Vigo: Passion for Life. This is a film about Jean Vigo. It was her father that directed her in the role of Emma Southey in the 2000 film, Pandaemonium. She has won critical praise for several supporting roles.
Temple auditioned to play Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, though the role ultimately went to Evanna Lynch. Some of her other film credits include Celia in St Trinian’s and St Trinian’s II: The Legend of Fritton’s Gold, Drippy (Jennifer Logan) in Wild Child, and Jane Parker in The Other Boleyn Girl. In 2009, Temple starred as Eema in the comedy Year One alongside Jack Black and Michael Cera. She also played Anna in Jaco Van Dormael’s Mr. Nobody and Di Radfield in the adaptation of Sheila Kohler’s Cracks.
She starred in Abe Sylvia’s Dirty Girl, which premiered on 12 September 2010, at the Toronto International Film Festival, co-starring Milla Jovovich, Jeremy Dozier, William H. Macy, Mary Steenburgen, and Dwight Yoakam. Temple has also appeared in Kid Harpoon’s music video “Milkmaid” and Plushgun’s “Just Impolite”.
In 2010, she took part in a sketch for FunnyOrDie called “Cycop”. It premiered on 12 July 2010 and featured the protagonist from the indie film The Mother of Invention in a poorly made film of his creation. The sketch starred Temple, Andrew Bowser, Ryan Cartwright, and Zelda Williams. She also had a major role in the film Kaboom, first winner of the Queer Palm.
In 2011, Temple appeared in Paul W.S. Anderson’s 3D film adaptation of The Three Musketeers, as Anne of Austria, the Queen Consort of France. The film also starred Matthew Macfadyen, Logan Lerman, Luke Evans, Milla Jovovich, Christoph Waltz, Orlando Bloom, and Mads Mikkelsen. The same year, she appeared as Dottie in Killer Joe. The role required full frontal nudity. She was named a Brit to Watch by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts, in 2011. In the 2012 film, The Dark Knight Rises, she portrays the role of a “street-smart Gotham girl.” She also portrayed Diane in the lesbian lycanthropic tale Jack & Diane.
Temple appeared in the Elgin James film Little Birds. James offered her the choice of playing either of the two female leads and she chose to portray Lily, citing that she connected with the character more and “wanted to set her free”. Temple and James worked on the film together for two years, becoming close. They continue to collaborate and in interviews refer to each other as “best friends” and “family”. James has said he made Little Birds to honor the strong women in his life, including Temple.
In February 2013, Temple won the EE Rising Star BAFTA Award, voted for by the public. She had a supporting role in the 2015 true-crime film Black Mass, which starred Johnny Depp. Temple also had a supporting role in the 2016 HBO series Vinyl, playing an A&R assistant for the fictional American Century record company. The show is jointly produced by Mick Jagger and the producing team of Martin Scorsese and Terence Winter who had previously collaborated on Boardwalk Empire.
Juno Temple Films and TV Shows
- 2019 – Lost Transmissions as Hannah
- 2019 – Maleficent: Mistress of Evil as Thistletwit
- 2018 – Unsane as Violet
- 2018 – Dirty John as Veronica Newell
- 2018 – The Pretenders as Victoria
- 2017 – The Most Hated Woman in America as Robin Murray O’Hair
- 2017 – One Percent More Humid as Iris
- 2017 – Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams as Emily
- 2017 – Wonder Wheel as Carolina
- 2016 – Away as Ria
- 2016 – Vinyl as Jamie Vine
- 2014–2016 – Drunk History as Sybil Ludington / Marilyn Monroe
- 2015 – Safelight as Vicki
- 2015 – Meadowland as Mackenzie
- 2015 – Far from the Madding Crowd as Fanny Robin
- 2015 – Len and Company as Zoe
- 2015 – Black Mass as Deborah Hussey
- 2014 – Maleficent as Thistletwit
- 2014 – Sin City: A Dame to Kill For as Sally
- 2013 – Afternoon Delight as McKenna
- 2013 – Magic Magic as Alicia
- 2013 – Lovelace as Patsy
- 2013 – Horns as Merrin Williams
- 2012 – The Dark Knight Rises as Jen
- 2012 – The Brass Teapot as Alice
- 2012 – Killer Joe as Dottie Smith
- 2012 – Small Apartments as Simone
- 2012 – Jack & Diane as Diane / Karen
- 2011 – Henry as Babysitter
- 2011 – Little Birds as Lily Hobart
- 2011 – The Three Musketeers as Queen Anne
- 2010 – Greenberg as Muriel
- 2010 – Swerve as Missy
- 2010 – Bastard as Girl
- 2010 – Kaboom as London
- 2010 – Dirty Girl as Danielle Edmondston
- 2009 – Year One as Eema
- 2009 – Cracks as Di Radfield
- 2009 – Mr. Nobody as Anna age 15
- 2009 – Glorious 39 as Celia
- 2009 – St Trinian’s 2: The Legend of Fritton’s Gold as Celia
- 2008 – The Other Boleyn Girl as Jane Boleyn, Viscountess Rochford
- 2008 – Wild Child as Drippy
- 2007 – Atonement as Lola Quincey
- 2007 – St Trinian’s as Celia
- 2006 – Notes on a Scandal as Polly Hart
- 2000 – Pandaemonium as Emma Southey
Juno Temple Interview
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.