Daniel Ndambuki Biography and Profile
Daniel Ndambuki aka Churchill was born on 30th October 1977. He is a Kenyan comedian who hosts Churchill Show on NTV, a play writer, an actor, MC and a media personality who co hosts with Maina Kageni at Classic 105 FM during week days. Rated number 14 among Kenya’s 100 most influential people.
Daniel Ndambuki, AKA Churchill, has become one of the most “sought after” comedian in Kenya today. Born in Machakos and raised in Nairobi, Churchill has touched the hearts of many comedians thus earning him much respect. Daniel has been termed as the father of the comic industry in Kenya.
Churchill has done this by promoting young people through his signature show, “Churchill Live” which airs on NTV. Churchill loves to see people succeed especially in the comedy industry and that is the reason why he created the “Laugh Industry.”
Daniel Ndambuki Age
Daniel Ndambuki was born on 30 0ctober 1977 in Machakos. He is now 41 years old as of 2019.
Daniel Ndambuki Education
Dan Ndambuki went to Mumbuni High School, Machakos, Kenya. ChurchilL had an offer to study drama at Chicago university but let it go and later joined Daystar University.
Daniel Ndambuki Wife | Wedding
Mwalimu King’ang’i is a proud husband and father whom many admire even due to his great attencity to keep his family life away from the scenes. He has a beautiful wife called Mwongeli and handsome old son.
Daniel Ndambuki Car
Owning millions and being famous, he opted to go for a recognisable but rare brand and spoiler! he went for something sleek, sexy and sheek. Check this out..
Career as a Comedian
Churchill, together with KJ, Kajairo, Mudomo Baggy, and Nyambane, created “Red Kona”. This increased their fan-base. Churchill went to co-present with Maina Kageni on Classic 105 FM (Which he still does today) doubling up as “the Tea Lady-… Philigona” and as mwalimu King’angi.
He is an Icon of Kenyan comedy and has over time become a household name. He has nurtured and created his own characteristic brand of stand-up comedy. Churchill has cracked many Kenyan ribs with his “clean”, family friendly shows. CNN recently classified him as one Africa’s funniest comedians.
Churchill became the first Kenyan to hit 1,000,000 likes on Facebook,by now he has garnered over 2,000,000 fan base in social network Facebook. the highest of any individual celebrity in Kenya. He is also a CEO of his company Laugh Industry Kenya.
Daniel Ndambuki Networth | wealth
He has been an inspiration to many due to his humility and this has earned him greatl;y in his life. Despite being born average, his much effort has gained him a household name.
Churchill is now worth millions as per say. Being paid Ksh 1.2 million for every scene of Churchill Show and Churchill Raw, he has many show sponsors who pay him millions to have their items advertised in the show.
Moreover, individuals do pay for tickets to go to the live chronicle of the show. As a radio presenter in Classic 105, it has been revealed that Daniel Ndambuki Salary is more than I million Kenya Shillings a month.
Daniel Ndambuki – Churchill Live Show
Daniel Ndambuki wide recognition as a comedian started heightening in all-time hit comedy show “Redykyulass” in which he acted alongside Walter Mongare (Nyambane), Peter Kaimenyi (Kajairo), Maurice Otieno (Mdomo Baggy), John Kiarie (KJ) and Anthony Njuguna. Ndambuki currently has a successive Live TV, the Churchill Live.
His hit show Churchill Live has increasingly become East Africa’s most popular and hilarious TV Show in addition to gaining momentous international interest from comedy enthusiasts in the US, the UK, India, Germany, and rest of the world.
Daniel Ndambuki hosts a famous weekly NTV show “Churchill show” with live recordings on Thursdays at the Carnivore Restaurant which has become ” a must attend” event, Churchill show is its fifth edition and currently the number one show in East and Central Africa with a viewership of 11,000,000 Kenyans across the country, according to ratings.
Top Facebook Rating
Churchill became the first Kenyan to hit 1,000,000 likes on Facebook The highest of any individual celebrity in Kenya.
Daniel Ndambuki – Kids Festival
He has managed to win the hearts of Kenyan children and families by hosting a weekly segment on Churchill show dubbed “Toto’s corner” and also the hosting of Kids Festival which always sees a turnout of 55,000 plus kids and families.
Churchill Show Comedy TV program is now in Season 5 and has featured influential personalities, politicians and big entertainment names and all remarkable people across the socio-economic continuum “Interviews with Kenyan big names combined with a touch of Churchill’s brand of comedy doused in comic brilliance on production makes it a programme on par with none. All the while not forgetting the lighter note in “Toto’s corner”.
Daniel Ndambuki – Churchill Academy
Churchill as a mentor and pioneer in the industry of the genre, has managed to grow the comedy Industry in East Africa by scouting and nurturing talent .
Initially with a talent search program dubbed ‘Top Comic’ that have put forward leading comedy brands, now there is the two weekly shows that air on TV i.e. #ChurchillShow & #ChurchillRaw…this offer a platform that acts as a spring board for the new talents and brands.
Working with a creative team of 20 mentors. The academy has managed to create 73 new comedians and counting, that have so far entered the market and are becoming household names with a thousands others still in training and more signing up everyday!
Dan Ndambuki – The Playwriter
Daniel Ndambuki is also a playwriter and has done many a winning scripts including:
- This Is Kenya’ ,’Dare Kenyans To Love
- Let Kenyans be Kenyans’
- ‘The 43rd Kenyan Tribe’
Daniel Churchill Ndambuki Awards
The Churchill Comedy Brand has grown by leaps and bounds and garnered loads of awards and honours including but not limited to:
- 2015 Bingwa Music Awards (BMA) – Showbiz Personality Of The Year
- 2014 PRISK Award – for being a founding director
- 2014 Sanaa Theatre Awards – Best Production Of TV Comedy Recorded Before A Live Audience
- 2014 Cheka Awards – Best TV Stand-up Comedy Show
- 2014 Cheka Awards – Male TV Stand-up Comedian
- 2014 Kalasha Awards – Best TV Comedy
- 2014 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards)- overall personality of the year
- 2014 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) -Most influential Media Personality
- 2014 Transform Kenya Awards -Winner in the Arts & Culture Category
- 2013 Cheka Awards -Winner Best TV Stand Up Comedy
- 2013 Cheka Awards -Comedy Mentor Award
- 2013 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) – Winner Facebook Fan page Of the Year
- 2013 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) – Overall Social Media Personality Of The Year
- 2013 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) – Television Show Of The Year
- 2013 Sanaa Theatre Awards – Best Comedy Kenyan Pig Cat And Dogs – Heartstrings Kenya
- 2012 Marketing Society Of Kenya Awards – Winner Best Personal Branding Effort
- 2012 Kalasha Awards – Best TV Entertainment Churchill Live – Cinematic Solutions/ Laugh Industry
- 2012 UK Kenya Achievers Award For Excellence In Comedy
- 2011 State Commendation Award -Order Of The Grand Warrior (OGW)
- 2011 Marketing Society Of Kenya Awards -Best Personal Branding Award
- 2010 CHAT (Chaguo La Teeniez Awards) Winner Teeniez’ TV Comedy Or Reality Show
- 2010 CHAT (Chaguo La Teeniez Awards) Winner Teeniez’ Role Model
- 2009 Kalasha Awards Winner -Best Comedy Program
- 2009 Kalasha Awards Winner – Best TV Program Overall
- 2007 Word Of Life Winner Theatre Person Of Year
- 1999 Mavuno Awards Winner Best Narrator
Must Knows About Mwalimu Kingangi( no 4 & 10 will amaze you)
- He is billed as one of the most successful comedians of our days in Kenya with his TV comedy show; ‘Churchill Live’ being regarded as the most popular in East Africa.
- His star as a comedian began to shine during the days of the legendary ‘Reddykyulass’ comedy show where he starred alongside Walter Mong’are (Nyambane), Peter Kaimenyi (Kajairo), Maurice Otieno (Mdomo Baggy), John Kiarie (KJ) and Tony Njuguna.
- His career profile incorporates roles such as: Comedian, actor, Radio Presenter, MC and Director.
- Since the year 1995, he’s been the CEO of Laugh Industry
- Besides being a TV comedy show host, Daniel Ndambuki also doubles as the comical ‘backward and conservative’ Mwalimu King’ang’i on Classic 105
- He has bagged a great deal of accolades including Mavuno Awards for ‘Best Narrator’ (1999), Kalasha Awards for ‘Best Overall TV Program’ (2009), and Word of Life 2007 ‘Theatre Person of the Year’.
- In 2009, he was declared the ‘Teeniez Role Model’ during the Chaguo la Teeniez Awards (CHAT Awards).
- Daniel Ndambuki is on of the lucky Kenyans to be on Who Is Who List where according to the website
- He has featured in films such as : The First Grader (2010) and Malooned (2007).
- Perhaps evidence of his popularity, his Facebook page Daniel “Churchill” Ndambuki aka Mwalimu King’ang’i has garnered upto two million likes as of 2019. He has also drawn attention from as far afield as the US, India, Germany and other nations for his creative genius
Daniel Ndambuki (Churchill) Responds To Rumors That He Is Dead
Kenyans woke up to the news that has shaken them to the core. The story was run by a blog claiming that Dan Ndambuki popularly referred to as Churchill was no more. According to the blog, Churchill was involved in a grisly road accident along Mai Mahiu road.
The blog further went ahead to share a photo of a damaged car claiming that it belonged to Churchill yet the father of Kenyan comedy doesn’t drive such a ‘cheap’ car.
The shocking news saw many share the link across different social media platforms and went ahead to console Churchill’s family.
But why do this just for hits? The site is one of the many that are known for killing personalities.
Well, Churchill has come out to respond to news that he is dead and here is what he posted on his official Instagram account.
“FOR THE HATEFUL BLOGGERS, YOU KNOW YOUR POSITION
Daniel Ndambuki is the latest celebrity to be killed by the internet as we have seen fake news about prominent people’s deaths go viral. The funny comedian further went ahead to thank his fans for the support because this bad news has come barely a month after his show was stopped abruptly due to airing what many termed as ‘immoral’.
“KWA MAFANS WANGU WOTE NAWAPENDA NA MUNGU AZIDI KUWABARIKI.”
—End of Update—