Gogo power station is situated in Rongo District, Kanyamkago West Location, Kajulu II sub-location. It is about 45 km from Migori Town and 480 km from Nairobi near the Kenya-Tanzania border.
The station rating is 1,000kw per unit and there are two units of Kaplan Turbines. The station was commissioned in 1957 to supply power to Macalder mines in South Nyanza. KenGen now owns the station.
From the feasibility study carried in 2001/ 2002, the station has a maximum potential up to 60MW at peak operation but is only producing two megawatts.