Kalekye Mumo Biography
Kalekye Mumo was born in 1976. She is a media personality, musician and Healthy lifestyle ambassador on the Youtube channel #TheMeIwantKalekyeMumo. She is the host of Talk Central on K24.
Kalekye Mumo Age
- Kalekye Mumo is 40 years as of 2016
Kalekye Mumo Career
After graduating, Kalekye Mumo worked briefly at the Turkish Embassy, then she began working at HomeBoyz way back when it was a small deejay outfit based at The Mall, Nairobi. She then moved to do sound production at Rough Cuts. After that she went to Medeva TV as a sound engineer, then to Capital FM as a breakfast host before leaving for Kiss as a news editor and reader and finally a Drive presenter. Then on the Morning Kiss as a breakfast anchor. In July 2016 she left her job at Kiss 100 to focus on her PR company.
Kalekye Mumo Leaves Radio
Kalekye Mumo has been in the radio for the past ten years but she quit in July 2016 to focus on her PR company and she announced this on her twitter handle
She wrote, “It’s been a fantastic 10yr journey on radio…. Talking to you, being part of your lives and even more the experience selling brands on air has taught me so much. And now after beginning the year celebrating big milestones… I turned 40, lost 40kgs… I decided to keep it big by opening a PR company. I feel it’s time to give more of my talent and experience to brands and clients directly and the first such brand to believe in me is @kerichogold but worry not #TeamKalekye Tuko pamoja #TheMeIwant ????.”
Kalekye Mumo Back in Radio waves
Barely six months after popular media personality Kalekye Mumo called it a day at Kiss FM, she has landed a major lucrative deal with WG radio FM, an online radio station. Kalekye will be hosting a show dubbed Live & Direct alongside Dj Wabba every Friday from 10 am – 12 pm. She took to the internet to announce the news
“I ❤️ RADIO… IT’S NO LIE!! #TEAMKALEKYE YOU HAVE BEGGED ME TO GET BACK, I HAVE OBLIGED… ONCE A WEEK KAMA DAWA #LIVEANDDIRECT ON WGRADIO.FM JUST GOOGLE AND GET ONLINE COZ IT DIFFERENT WITH CRAZY MIXES BY @DJ_WABBA 10AM-12NOON.”
Kalekye Mumo Talk Central
In July 2017 she landed a television gig as the presenter of Talk Central on K24. She replaced Erick Njoka who had been hosting the show.
“Goodbye, #TalkCentral @k24tv. Almost 80 episodes under my tag and proud to have been part of the team led the loyal and super producer Diana Muiru. I don’t even know where to start with the big THANK YOUs to the amazing guests that I had a privilege to host on the show, and of course to the FANS of the show. Watch out for the new look and face on the show, she is going to be exquisite.” Njoka wrote on his social media.
Kalekye Mumo PR Firm
Her PR firm signed a lucrative deal with Kericho Gold which was launching a line of flavored teas at the Villa Rosa Kempinski in 2016.
Kalekye Mumo Musical Career
Kalekye Mumo is a singer with an eloquent sweet voice. She says that her musical career started when she was young at 3yrs. She later joined the choir, sang in musicals and hosted some of Kenya’s greatest Karaoke nights. She released her first single song ‘My Baby’ in 2013
Kalekye Mumo Songs
- My Baby
- I’m Okay
Kalekye Mumo Salary
- Details about Kalekye Mumo salary will be updated soon…
Kalekye Mumo Boyfriend
Kalekye Mumo ideal man should be God-fearing, financially stable and one who takes control adding that ” I want to come home to a man who takes over the reins. I will let him. I can be submissive.”
Kalekye Mumo stunning look after losing 40kgs
Bubbly radio personality Kalekye Mumo threw a mega bash in Westlands, Nairobi on March 16 when she turned 40 years.
The ceremony that attracted a turnout of friends and showbiz personalities doubled up as a celebration of losing 40kgs in a weight loss journey that Kalekye Mumo started eight months ago.
Revealing why number 40 is very important to her, the radio queen recounted how her weight was becoming a health issue by the day.
Kalekye said her legs began to swell due to overweight problems before her doctor warned that she was headed for a hazardous state.
“My doctor said if I don’t lose this weight, I could get a blood clot. He said what was happening to me was a sign of something bad happening in my life. That is when I took the issue seriously,” she said while giving her speech at her party.
Kalekye would thereafter enroll with Fat Loss Lab where she was given tips on weight loss and lifestyle management.
“I have never wanted to be thin as I am that plus-size celebrity model in Kenya. I didn’t do this to get thin and it is not that I want to be all hippy. It is not my thing,” she said.
Below are stunning photos of Kalekye Mumo’s new look:
Kalekye Mumo stunning look after losing 40kgs
Here are a few other facts you might not know about Kalekye Mumo
- When Kalekye Mumo was just three, she was diagnosed with a hip condition that left her immobilized and had a cast for some years.
- Her weight has never been an issue to her, she loves and has confidence in her curves and we all know that confidence is a very attractive trait!
- Her ideal man should be God-fearing, financially stable and one who takes control adding that ” I want to come home to a man who takes over the reins. I will let him. I can be submissive.”
- Kalekye Mumo has a massive collection of shoes and bags (maybe we can borrow them sometime) and you will rarely catch her rocking the same bag or shoe twice
- Kalekye Mumo is a whiskey girl, Jameson to be precise! Her first car was a red mini-cooper adding that “I always loved a car with character. A car says a lot about you.”
- Kalekye Mumo has irritable bowel syndrome (chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating, and alteration of bowel habits) so when she visits you bread and milk are a no-no!
- On her first day on air, the morning show host dared her to call up a guy she had met in a wedding a week before, which she did, all red-faced but luckily the feeling was mutual and they dated for a while.
- Her mum is her biggest fan but she is daddy’s girl.
- “Her first ‘real job’ after school was in 2001, at Homeboyz Entertainment. She was an administrator.
- Family plays a big role in Kalekye Mumo’s life. Every other Sunday, you will find her home with her family. Born to a cateress mum and a dad who worked at Kenya Breweries, Kalekye describes her parents as strict but loving
- Growing up in Nairobi’s Westland’s suburbs, she had a pretty normal childhood, although marred by illnesses
- Kalekye co-hosts a show called Rush Hour with Shaffie Weru, the “bad boy” of entertainment. In the show, they tackle some very serious issues that most radio shows would shy away from.
- In school, she did very well in sciences but knew it wasn’t really her thing
- After her high school, she made a decision to study media and communications, but her parents didn’t like her choice.