KPLC Tokens Delay: KPLC systems are currently experiencing token generation delay. They have requested their customers to be patient as they send the tokens. 27/10/2018
KPLC Prepaid Tokens Comes to Kenya
Kenya Power now gives you the power to control your electricity consumption with prepaid KPLC tokens. With a KPLC prepaid meter, paper bills, disconnections and the hassles of reconnections are things you’ll never have to deal with. You can now buy a Kenya Power token from any authorized vendor or through your mobile phone.
How to buy KPLC Prepaid tokens though your mobile phone
Buying KPLC token via MPESA or Airtel Money is as simple as using your phone. You will receive a return SMS that contains the token number which you enter into the KPLC prepaid meter. When the electricity credit is used, you can purchase more credit.
how to check kplc token balance
The KPLC e bill ( KPLC Bill Statement) SMS service allows you to check your Kenya power electricity account balance and bill due date using your mobile phone. Follow these easy steps:
- Open a new SMS message.
- Type the first part of your account number in the message field. For example, if your account number is 998877-01, just type 998877.
- Send this message to 95551.
- In a few seconds, you will receive an automatic reply with your account balance details. This service works for Kenyan networks. It is charged at Kshs. 5/- above the normal SMS rates.
how to pay Kenya power bill
Go to Safaricom SIM Tool Kit, select M-PESA menu, select “Lipa Na M-PESA“
- Select “Pay Bill“
- Select “Enter Business no.“, Enter KPLC’s Lipa Na M-PESA PayBill Number 888888 and press “OK”
- Select “Enter Account no.“, Enter your KPLC Postpaid Account Number (e.g. 0100 xxxx xxxx x) press “OK”
- “Enter Amount“, between KSh100 and 35,000 and press “OK”
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press “OK”
- Confirm all the details are correct and press “OK”
- M-PESA HAKIKISHA, You will get a notification with the intended recipient’s name e.g. “Pay Kenya Power KSh1,000.00 for Account 0100 xxxx xxxx x Press 1 within 20 seconds to STOP this transaction.” To stop a wrong transaction, Enter “1” and press Send within 20 seconds. Pressing “Cancel” will complete the transaction.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS from M-PESA.
- It takes up to 48 hours for Kenya Power to update your payment information on the account
How to buy KPLC tokens online
KPLC tokens can be bought online via the PesaPal website in these 3 easy steps;
1. Enter bill details Select the prepaid tokens services from the list to buy tokens
Enter the account in full
Enter the amount you wish to pay to get tokens for KPLC
Enter your full name Your email address Your phone number
2. Make payment Enter the method of payment Visa or Mastercard Pesapal e-wallet Mpesa Airtel money
3. Get confirmation You should receive a confirmation of payments through your email address
KPLC Mpesa pay bill number
The Kenya Power Mpesa Paybill Number for prepaid customers (those who use prepaid meters) is 888880 and for postpaid customers (those who are billed monthly) the Pay Bill number is 888888.
kenya power bill statement
The second method to check power bill statement is through email. Yes, for tech-savvy people this is one of the most sorts after method. It’s simple to check your bill statement using this option and the best part of it is that it doesn’t cost you a shilling. As long as you have a steady internet connection you are as good as done. For those wondering how to get Kenya power bill statement using this process, the following prompts should guide you.
First, open your browser on whatever device you are using, it could be your smartphone, your desktop or even laptop
Open your email account and create a new mail in it
On the subject field enter the first part of your Kenya power account, that is 557799 for 557799-01.
Add firstname.lastname@example.org the email section and send blackmail. Wait for a few minutes and check your inbox for KPLC’s reply.
Mobile phones are on the rise in Kenya. Thanks to Kenya Power it’s time these devices were put into good use; other than socializing and communicating. Through the SMS service, Kenyans from all divides can check and receive their electricity bill with less. With only Ksh. 5 that will be deducted as transaction costs, you should be able to know your Kenya power statement. Below are the simple prompts you should follow.
Go to the messaging menu on your mobile device
Key in the first six digits of your power meter number on the message field, for instance for a 557799-01 account type in 557799
Send the message to 95551
After a few minutes, an SMS reply from KPLC will be sent to your mobile phone with details of your account balance, account number, and name
kenya power bot
The Bot platform of Telegram Messenger is one of the cool things about the chatting app. These bots do various automated tasks for you and they are quite specific in what they do. There are bots that check the weather for you, one that retrieves images and gifs, deliver jokes, alerts, trivia games and so much more.
These bots are designed to be utilitarian in nature so as to make our lives easier and there are quite some useful Telegram bots out there. However, in this case, we have stumbled on one Telegram bot that can be quite useful for the ordinary Kenyan out there:
kenya power and lighting company Contacts
95551 or 0703 070 707 | 0732 170 170
Telephone Number: +254 203201000
KPLC Tokens Customer Care
This is the procedure to follow to use your mobile phone and KPLC pays bill number to pay KPLC bill. Kenya Power and Lighting Company’s customers can use the 888880 KPLC pay bill number to buy electricity tokens for their prepaid KPLC meters. With most of Kenya’s over 2.6 million electricity consumers relying on power from KPLC, paying KPLC bill via mobile is … Continue reading How to Pay Electricity Bill with MPESA KPLC Paybill Number for Prepaid Meters
KPLC Tokens Calculator
Step 2: Enter the Kenya Power prepaid business number 888880 and press OK
Step 3: Enter the 11 digit pre-payment meter number that you would like to purchase a token for and press OK
Step 4: Enter the amount you wish to purchase electricity token (between KShs. 250 and 35,000) and press OK
Step 5: Enter your M-PESA PIN and press OK Confirm that all the details are correct and press OK
Step 6: You will receive a confirmation SMS from MPESA immediately. Kenya Power will then generate a KPLC token number for your meter and send it to you via SMS.
How to buy KPLC prepaid token via Airtel money
Step 1: Go To Airtel Menu
Step 2: Choose Money Option
Step 3: Choose the Nickname option & enter MYPOWER
Step 4: Enter amount
Step 5: Confirm transaction
Step 6: Enter the 4 digit password
Step 7: Under reference option enters the full Kenya Power prepaid 11 digit meter number. The customer will receive a confirmation SMS with the following attributes
1. Transaction ID – which is unique for every transaction.
2. Amount Paid
3. KPLC prepaid meter number
4. Customers Airtel balance.
5. You will receive a confirmation SMS from AIRTEL MONEY immediately. Kenya Power will then generate a KPLC token number for your meter and send it to you via SMS.
“Always remember to have your 11 digit meter number when you need to buy more credit for your pre-paid meter.”
Guide to Kenya Power Prepaid Tokens
NB: This tariff is applicable to postpaid customers as well as the prepaid ones, and the charges are the same.
KPLC Token Rates: DC (Domestic Consumers)
- A Monthly Fixed Charge of KSh 120.00
- Energy charges of :
– KSh 2.00 per Unit for 0 – 50 Units bought;
– KSh 8.10 per Unit for 51-1,500 Units bought;
– KSh 18.57 per Unit for Units bought above 1,500
Unit stands for Kilowatt-Hour (kWh)
Typical tariff dc (domestic consumers) transactions of a customer who purchases KPLC tokens 4 times in a month
KPLC Token Prices: SC (Small Commercial Consumers)
Applicable to non-domestic Small Commercial Consumers metered by the company at 240 or 415 volts and whose consumption does not exceed 15,000 units per Billing period.
- A fixed Charge of Ksh 120.00
- Energy Charge of Ksh 8.96 per unit for all units consumed.
KPLC Token Delay
Are you experiencing delayed pre-paid electricity services? Reach us through these emergency lines; 95551, 0703 070 707 or 0732 170 170.
TAXES & LEVIES
The customer shall pay any taxes, levies or duties imposed from time to time by the Government. At present, the following are levied by the Government:
- VAT* at 12% charged to:
a) Fixed Charge
b) Demand Charge (not applicable to domestic customers)
c) Foreign Exchange Fluctuation Adjustment
d) Fuel Cost and;
e) Inflation Adjustment
f) The taxable value of electrical energy consumed in a manner required by the Government.
- Rural Electrification Programme (REP) levy at 5% of revenue from Unit sales.
- Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) levy at 3 Kenya cents/kWh
Fifth Schedule of Value Added Tax Act Cap 476 exempts VAT on the supply of electrical energy to a domestic household where the consumption does not exceed two hundred kilowatt-hours (units).
KPLC Prepaid token User Guide
KPLC Tokens – What you should know about VAT!
As per the Fifth Schedule of the Value Added Tax Act Cap 476: “VAT shall be exempt in the supply of electrical energy to a domestic household
where the consumption does not exceed two hundred kilowatt-hours (200kWh).”
KPLC Tokens – What happens when you exceed 200 units in a month?
VAT charges shall be levied on all the electrical energy (units) bought from the beginning of the month.
KPLC Tokens – What you should know about Tariff DC
- Tariff DC is a stepped tariff and two tokens of the same amount may not give you the same number of units depending on the step you are in amongst other factors.
- Kenya Power’s vending system is online; hence the system keeps a record of all previous purchases and is thus able to determine the appropriate step in the tariff calculation.
Questions about KPLC Prepaid Tokens
How can I get a Kenya power prepaid meter?
At the moment Kenya Power has pre-selected the project sites to be converted from the traditional meter to prepayment. There are plans to roll out countrywide.
Who will meet the cost of the KPLC prepaid meters?
Kenya Power will meet the cost of pre-payment meter installation for the project phase.
Are KPLC prepaid tokens cheaper than what I pay now?
No, the charges will be the same. The only difference is that with prepayment, you will be paying in advance.
Will my electricity be shut when the KPLC token credit runs out?
Yes, your electricity will be shut off (disconnected) when your credit runs out. However, the meter will give a warning when the credit falls below
20Kwhrs. When faced with this situation it is advisable to top up your credit so as to avoid disconnection.
How do I buy a KPLC token? (KPLC token agents)
You may obtain credit from existing Kenya Power pay points e.g. Electricity House and Stima Plaza, plus other 3rd party vendors such as Uchumi, Airtel Money and Safaricom (M-Pesa) so as to improve purchase convenience to the customer.
If I have an overdue bill, will my electricity be shut off when the technicians come to read my KPLC meter?
No, your electricity will not be shut off; however, you should endeavour to clear the debt prior to conversion, otherwise the bill will be transferred to the prepayment system. If the transfer occurs, on subsequent purchase of electricity, a portion of your payment will be deducted
and used to reduce the arrears.
Once the KPLC prepaid meter is installed, will the Kenya Power technicians still come to read my meter?
No, meter reading is not necessary in prepayment metering system. However, our Kenya Power technicians will be visiting customer premises from time to time to carryout inspections as required by law.
How will the Kenya Power technicians be identified?
The Kenya Power technician coming to change the meter from the credit one to the pre-paid wil have a company identification card.
What happens to my current electricity deposit?
Your current electricity deposit will be refunded if you have no debt.
How much power can I buy?
You can buy as much power as you wish.
Does the KPLC prepaid meters come with no units upon installation?
The prepaid meter comes with preloaded 30units that will be recovered on subsequent token purchase
Where to buy KPLC prepaid tokens
Purchasing a token
1. Go to the local electricity vendor.
2. Supply the operator at the vendor with the meter ID card or meter serial number.
3. Supply the operator with the amount you wish to purchase.
4. You will receive a 20-digit token printed on a receipt.
Note: KPLC prepaid meter number
To display the meter serial number, key in ‘100’ followed by the ‘Enter’ key. The meter will display the 11-digit meter serial number, scrolling from right to left (twice).
This number is the same as the meter serial number and the number on the User ID card used to purchase electricity