Pyrethrum Board of Kenya Description
Pyrethrum has been grown in Kenya since 1928 and the Pyrethrum Board of Kenya was established in 1934 to oversee all activities related to the production and processing of pyrethrum for the benefit of growers and consumers.
By the end of the second world war, Kenya had become a major source of pyrethrum, accounting for more than 65% of the global supply, a leadership which the country has steadfastly maintained to the present time.
Today, the Pyrethrum Board of Kenya remains firmly committed to serving its international clientele of distributors, manufacturers and ultimate consumers of end-use products. – The recent trend of Pyrethrum production in Kenya.
Pyrethrum Board of Kenya Goals
1. To advise on the means of creating an enabling environment for resource mobilization by commercial state corporations to minimize their dependence on exchequer funding;
2. To ensure that State Corporations adopt best management practices;
3. To ensure improved performance of State Corporations based on the initiation and implementation of performance-based contracts;
4. To reinforce transparency and accountability in the management of State Corporations;
5. To ensure the development of appropriate terms and conditions of service for staff and officials of State Corporations; and
6. To act as a catalyst in the process of reform and reorganization of the State Corporations sector.
Pyrethrum Board of Kenya Values
• Good corporate citizenship
Pyrethrum Board of Kenya Mandates
The Committee shall advise on the matters and perform any functions it is required by this Act to perform and in addition, shall-
(a) with the assistance of experts where necessary, review and investigate the affairs of state corporations and make such recommendations to the President as it may deem necessary;
(b) in consultation with the Attorney-General and the Treasury, advise the President on the establishment, reorganization or dissolution of state corporations;
(c) where necessary, advise on the appointment, removal or transfer of officers and staff of state corporations, the secondment of public officers to state corporations and the terms and conditions of any appointment, removal, transfer or secondment;
(d) examine any management or consultancy agreement made or proposed to be made by a state corporation with any other party or person and advise thereon;
(e) examine proposals by state corporations to acquire interests in any business or to enter into joint ventures with other bodies or persons or to undertake new business or otherwise expand the scope of the activities and advise thereon.
Pyrethrum Board of Kenya is located along Stanely Mathenge Rd, Nakuru Town, Kenya. For more information about Pyrethrum Board of Kenya see the contacts below:
Pyrethrum Board of Kenya Contacts
Business Name: Pyrethrum Board of Kenya
Business Category: Parastatals
Physical Address: Stanely Mathenge Rd, Nakuru
Address: P.O.Box: 420 – 20100 NAKURU
County: Nakuru County