Who is Kris Kristofferson? | Kris Kristofferson Biography and Wiki
Kris Kristofferson is an American singer-songwriter and actor who was born and brought up in Brownsville, Texas, United States of America. He is best known as the writer and recorder of the songs Me and Bobby McGee, For the Good Times, Sunday Morning Coming Down, and Help Me Make It Through the Night. Kris composed his own songs and collaborated with Nashville songwriters such as Shel Silverstein.
Kris Kristofferson Age | Birthday
Kris is 83 years old as of 2019, he was born Kristoffer Kristofferson on June 22, 1936, in Brownsville, Texas, United States of America. He celebrates his birthday on June 22nd every year. Kris will be 84 years old on June 22, 2020.
Kris Kristofferson Height And Weight
Kris is a man of gigantic stature. He stands at a height of 5ft 9 in (1.79 m). He also weighs 161 lbs (73 kgs).
Kris Kristofferson Education
Though hіѕ fаmіlу mоvеd а lоt, due to the nature of his father’s job who was a military serving in the U.S. Army Air Corps. They finally settled in San Mateo, California, where Kris graduated from San Mateo High School in 1954. He then enrolled in Роmоnа Соllеgе in Southern California in the same year. At college, Kris played rugby and football and he also јоіnеd а frаtеrnіtу grоuр саllеd Карра Dеltа. Нe grаduаtеd frоm соllеgе іn 1958, еаrnіng а Васhеlоr оf Аrtѕ Dеgrее.
Кrіѕ lаtеr gоt іntо Охfоrd Unіvеrѕіtу where he studied at Merton College аftеr gеttіng thе Rhоdеѕ ѕсhоlаrѕhір. Не ехсеllеd іn bохіng while at Oxford, he was awarded his Blue for boxing, thе hіghеѕt hоnоr оffеrеd іn соllеgе ѕроrt. Кrіѕ grаduаtеd frоm соllеgе іn 1960, еаrnіng а В.Рhіl dеgrее іn Еnglіѕh lіtеrаturе. Duе tо fаmіlу рrеѕѕurе, hе јоіnеd thе аrmу, ѕеrvіng аѕ а hеlісорtеr ріlоt. Не wаѕ ѕtаtіоnеd іn Gеrmаnу.
Kris Kristofferson Family
Kris is the son to Mary Ann (mother) and Lars Henry Kristofferson, a U.S. Army Air Corps officer (later a U.S. Air Force major general). He was the first of three children in his family. Kris’s paternal grandparents emigrated from Sweden. Kris’ mother had English, Scots-Irish, Swiss-German, and Dutch ancestry.
His paternal grandfather was an officer in the Swedish Army. Kristofferson ‘s father pushed him towards a military career when he was a child. Kris took a summer job with a dredging contractor on Wake Island at the age of 17. He referred it as the hardest job he ever had.
Kris Kristofferson Mother
Kris was born to Mary Ann Ashbrook his mother who had English, Scots-Irish, German, Swiss-German, and Dutch ancestry.
Kris Kristofferson Married
Kristofferson has been married to Lisa Kristofferson for 37 years as of 2020. The couple owns a home in Los Flores Canyon in Malibu, California, and maintains a residence in Hana on the island of Maui.
Kris had previous marriages with Fran Beer 1960-1969 and Rita Coolidge 1973-1980.
Kris Kristofferson Wife | Lisa Meyers
Lisa Meyers was born on September 29, 1956. According to our reliable sources, Meyers is an attorney. She studied law at Pepperdine University in Malibu.
Kris met law student Lisa Meyers in a Malibu gym in 1982. At that time, Kristofferson’s personal life and music career were in shambles, and he was reluctant to jump into a new relationship as he had ended his second marriage to singer Rita Coolidge.
The couple tied the knot in 1983, in an intimate ceremony in the Pepperdine University chapel. It was Kris’ third marriage and Lisa’s second.
Kris and Lisa are parents to five children—Jesse (born 1983), Jody (born 1985), Johnny (born 1988), Kelly Marie (born 1990), and Blake (born 1994). Some reports claim that the five kids are Meyers’ children from her previous marriage. But that cannot be confirmed.
The couple also adopted three children from El Salvador. Their identities, however, are not known.
Kris Kristofferson Children
Kris has eight children from three marriages: daughter Tracy born in 1962 and son Kris born in 1968 from his first marriage to Fran Beer; daughter Casey born in 1974 from his second marriage to Rita Coolidge; and Jesse born 1983, Jody born 1985, Johnny born 1988, Kelly Marie born 1990, and Blake born in 1994 from his marriage to his current wife Lisa (Meyers) Kristofferson.
Kris Kristofferson Facts And Body Measurements
Here are some interesting facts you don’t want to miss about Kris Kristofferson.
- Full Name: Kristoffer Kristofferson
- Age/ How Old?: 83 years
- Date of Birth: June 22, 1936
- Place of Birth: Brownsville, Texas
- Education: San Mateo High School, Роmоnа Соllеgе, Охfоrd Unіvеrѕіtу
- Birthday: June 22nd
- Nationality: American
- Father’s Name: Lars Henry Kristofferson
- Mother’s Name: Mary Ann
- Married?: Yes, Lisa Meyers
- Siblings: Two
- Children/ Kids: 8 (Tracy, Jesse Turner, Jody Ray, Casey, Johnny Roberts, Blake Cameron, Kelly Marie, Kris)
- Height/ How tall?: 5ft 9 in (1.79 m)
- Weight: 161 lbs (73 kgs)
- Profession: Singer-Songwriter and Actor
- Net worth: $200 million
Kris Kristofferson Salary
According to our reliable sources, Kristofferson’s annual salary is estimated to be $20,000,000.
Kris Kristofferson Net Worth
Kris has enjoyed a long career in the entertainment industry. Through proceeds from his work as a singer, songwriter, and actor. He has been able to accumulate a huge fortune. Kris is estimated to have a net worth of about $200 million.
Kris Kristofferson Death
News of actor Kris Kristofferson’s death spread quickly earlier in November 2018 causing concern among fans across the world. However, the report was later confirmed as a complete hoax and just the latest in a string of fake celebrity death reports. Thankfully, the actor is alive and well.
Kris Kristofferson Health
Kris, despite his age he is still healthy touring although he has encountered a few serious medical issues in the past few decades. In 1999 he had successful bypass surgery, but from 2004 to 2015 suffered from what was finally diagnosed as Lyme Disease, although initially it was incorrectly thought to be early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. It is not clear how Kris contracted Lyme Disease, but it is suspected that he caught it while filming a movie in the remote woods of Vermont in 2002.
Kris’s wife credits Kris’s successful diagnosis and recovery to getting second opinions when dealing with auto-immune and Alzheimer-type diagnoses. Currently, Kris is being treated by a specialist in California “who added antibiotic intramuscular injections to Kris’s protocol and is continuing to treat Kris,” his wife reported.
Willie Nelson Kris Kristofferson | Johnny Cash
Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Kris Kristofferson composed a group known as The Highwaymen. It was an American country music supergroup. The four of the genre’s biggest artists were known for their pioneering influence on the outlaw country subgenre.
Between 1985 and 1995 the group was active and it recorded three major-label albums as The Highwaymen: two on Columbia Records and one for Liberty Records. The group’s Columbia works produced three chart singles, including the number one “Highwayman” in 1985.
Actor Kris Kristofferson
Kris focused on acting he appeared many films including Blume in Love (directed by Paul Mazursky) and Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia and Convoy (all directed by Sam Peckinpah). Kris starred in the 7-episode TV series Amerika with Robert Urich and Christine Lahti in 1987.
He went on in acting Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore, Vigilante Force, a film based on the Yukio Mishima novel The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea, A Star Is Born (with Barbra Streisand), for which he received a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor, and Flashpoint in 1984 (directed by William Tannen).
Kris Kristofferson Military
Kris, under pressure from his family, ultimately joined the U.S. Army and attained the rank of captain. After Kris got flight training at Fort Rucker, Alabama, he became a helicopter pilot. He completed Ranger School too. He had been serving in West Germany as a part of the 8th Infantry Division during the early 1960s. He revived his music career during this period and founded a band.
When his tour of duty ended in 1965, Kris was given the assignment to teach English literature at West Point. Instead, he decided to leave the Army and pursue songwriting. He was disowned by his family because of his career decision, and sources are unclear on whether or not they reconciled.
They saw it as a rejection of everything they stood for, in spite of the fact that he has said he is proud of his time in the military, and in 2003 he received the American Veterans Awards “Veteran of the Year Award.
Kris Kristofferson Quotes
- Kris Kristofferson Casey Kristofferson
- To me, if you love it enough to devote your life to it, then you’re doing the right thing.
You don’t paddle against the current, you paddle with it. And if you get good at it, you throw away the oars.
- I was working in the Gulf of Mexico on oil rigs, flying helicopters. I’d lost my family to my years of failing as a songwriter. All I had were bills, child support, and grief. And I was about to get fired for not letting 24 hours go between the throttle and the bottle. It looked like I’d trashed my act. But there was something liberating about it.
- I have a special place in my heart for Nashville because it saved my life back in the day.
- I have no regrets. I feel very grateful for the life that I had – you know, the family I live with; and I’ve been doing work that I love, ever since I came to Nashville.
- Tell the truth. Sing with passion. Work with laughter. Love with heart. ‘Cause that’s all that matters in the end.
- I hope that I’ll keep being creative until they throw dirt on me.
- I grew up in a time when people believed in duty, honor, and country. My grandfathers were both officers. My father was a General in the Air Force. My brother and I were both in the Army. I’ve always felt a kinship with soldiers; I think it’s possible to support the warrior and be against the war.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/kris_kristofferson
Kris Kristofferson Singo’s singalong
On September 30, 2019, Monday, retail and burger king Jack Cowin (No. 25 on this year’s list with $2.79 billion) and Harvey Norman co-founder and executive chairman Gerry Harvey (No. 40 with $1.9 billion) joined their close friend, former adman and entrepreneur John Singleton (on 145th spot with a paltry $670 million) at his Saddles restaurant in Mt White, on Sydney’s outskirts for an intimate concert with 83-year-old rocker Kris Kristofferson, who played opposite Barbra Streisand in the 1976 version of A Star is Born.
Kris Kristofferson Tour | Concert
These are some of Kris tours;
Apr 18, 2020, at Tulsa, OK, US; Mabee Center, Oral Roberts University
Apr 19, 2020, at Thackerville, OK, US; Global Event Center Winstar World Casino and Resort
Kris Kristofferson Movies
From Year 2014 to 2018
- 2018 -Blaze-Mr. Fuller
- 2017 – Hickok- George Knox
- 2017 – The Star- Old Donkey (voice)
- 2017 – Abilene – George Knox
- 2016 – Traded- Billy
- 2016 – The Red Maple Leaf- John Francis Marshall
- 2015 – Texas Rising-Andrew Jackson
- 2014- San Patricios-Boss Flood
- 2014 – Dolphin Tale 2- Reed Haskett
- 2014 – 7 Minutes-Mr. B
- 2014 – The Winding Stream: The Carters, the Cashes and the Course of Country Music Himself
From year 2011 to 2013
- 2013 – Angels Sing- The Colonel
- 2013 – Midnight Stallion- Jack Shepard
- 2012 – Joyful Noise- Bernard Sparrow
- 2012 – Deadfall -Chet Mills
- 2012 – The Motel Life- Earl Hurley
- 2011 -Dolphin Tale- Reed Haskett
- 2011- The Greening of Whitney Brown – Dusty Brown
Year 2010 Movies
- 2010 – Bloodworth- E. F. Bloodworth
- 2010 – The Last Rites of Ransom Pride- Shepherd Graves
- 2010 Yohan: The Child Wanderer – Old Yohan
- 2010 – Fallout: New Vegas -Chief Hanlon (voice)
Year 2009 Movies
- 2009 – John Rich: Shuttin’ Detroit Down- John
- 2009 – He’s Just Not That into You – Ken Murphy
- 2009 – Powder Blue-Randall
- 2009 – For Sale by Owner- Ferlin Smith
From Year 2007 And 2008 Movies
- 2008 – Jump Out Boy- Raymond
- 2008 – Snow Buddies-Talon (voice)
- 2007 – Crossing the Heart- Ray
- 2007 – I’m Not There- Narrator
Year 2006 Movies
- 2006 – Brats: Our Journey Home- Narrator
- 2006 Disappearances- Quebec Bill Bonhomme
- 2006 – Fast Food Nation- Rudy Martin
- 2006 – Room 10- Howard Davis
- 2006 – Payback: Straight Up- Bronson
Year 2005 Movies
- 2005 – The Jacket -Dr. Thomas Becker
- 2005 – The Wendell Baker Story- L.R. Nasher
- 2005 – Dreame-Pop Crane
- 2005 Gun-Ned White (voice)
Year 2003 and 2004 Movies
- 2004 – Silver City- Wes Benteen
- 2004 – Forever Is a Long, Long Time- Hank Williams
- 2004 – Blade: Trinity- Abraham Whistler
- 2003 – Where the Red Fern Grows- Older Billy Coleman
Year 2000 to 2002 Movies
- 2002 – D-Tox- Dr. John ‘Doc’ Mitchell
- 2002 – Blade II -Abraham Whistler
- 2001 – Planet of the Apes-Karubi
- 2001 – Chelsea Walls-Bud
- 2001 – Wooly Boys-Shuck
- 2000 – Comanche
Year 1999 Movies
- 1999 – Payback- Bronson
- 1999 Molokai: The Story of Father Damien-Rudolph Meyer
- 1999 Limbo-‘Smilin’ Jack Johannson
- 1999 – The Joyriders-Eddie
Year 1998 Movies
- 1998 – Girls’ Night- Cody
- 1998 – Blade-Abraham Whistler
- 1998 – Dance with Me -John Burnett
- 1998-A Soldier’s Daughter Never Cries Bill Willis
- 1998 – The Land Before Time VI: The Secret of Saurus Rock- Doc (voice)
- 1998 – Two for Texas-Hugh Allison
Year 1991 to 1997 Movies
- 1997 – Fire Down Below-Orin Hanner Sr.
- 1996 – Lone Star-Charlie Wade
- 1995 – Pharaoh’s Army – Preacher
- 1993 – No Place to Hide-Joe Garvey
- 1993 – Paper Hearts-Tom
- 1993 -Knights- Gabriel
- 1992 – Original Intent-Jack Saunders
- 1991 – Night of the Cyclone- Stanley ‘Stan’
From Year 1981 to 1990 Movies
- 1990 – Sandino -Tom Holte
- 1989 – Millennium- Bill Smith
- 1989 – Welcome Home- Jake
- 1988 -Big Top Pee-wee -Mace Montana
- 1985 -Trouble in Mind- John ‘Hawk’ Hawkins
- 1984 – Flashpoint -Bobby Logan
- 1984 – Songwriter- Blackie Buck
- 1982 – The Last Horror Film- Kris Kristofferson
- 1981 – Rollover -Hubbell Smith
From 1976 to 1980 Movies
- 1980 – Heaven’s Gate -James Averill
- 1978 -Convoy- Martin ‘Rubber Duck’ Penwald
- 1977 – Semi-Tough-Marvin ‘Shake’ Tiller
- 1976 – The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea- Jim Cameron
- 1976 -Vigilante Force-Aaron Arnold
- 1976 – A Star Is Born- John Norman Howard
From Year 1971 to 1974 Movies
- 1974 – Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia-Biker
- 1974 – Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore-David
- 1973 – The Gospel Road: A Story of Jesus- Vocalist
- 1973 – Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid-Billy the Kid
- 1973 – Blume in Love- Elmo Cole
- 1972 – Cisco Pike -Cisco Pike
- 1971 – The Last Movie- Minstrel Wrangler
Kris Kristofferson Songs
- A Moment Of Forever
- Anthem ’84
- Ask Any Working Girl
- Between Heaven And Here
- Broken Freedom Song
- Casey’s Last Ride
- Crippled Crow
- Devil To Pay
- Duvalier’s Dream
- Epitaph (black And Blue)
- Forever In Your Love
- Good Love
- Help Me Make It Through The Night
- I May Smoke Too Much
- I’ll Take Any Chance I Can With You
- If It’s All The Same To You
- If You Don’t Like Hank Williams
- It’s All Over All Over Again
- Jody And The Kid
- Johnny Lobo
- Just The Other Side Of Nowhere
- Lights Of Magdala
- Long Way From Home
- Love Don’t Live Here Anymore
- Love Is The Way
- Love Of Money
- Me And Bobby Mcgee
- New Game Now
- New Mister Me
- One For The Money
- Please Don’t Tell Me How The Story Ends
- Rescue Mission
- Road Warrior’s Ament
- Rock And Roll Time
- Sam’s Song
- Same Old Song
- Shake Hands With The Devil
- Shandy (the Perfect Disguise)
- Shipwrecked In The Ighties
- Shouldn’t Feel So Bad
- Smile At Me Again
- Stagger Mountain Tragedy
- Stairway To The Bottom
- The Promise
- The Silvertongued Devil And I
- The Taker
- To Beat The Devil
- Under The Gun
- Watch Closely Now
- What About Me
- When I Loved Her
- Worth Fighting For
- You Show Me Yours
Kris Kristofferson Albums
These are some of Kris albums
- The Silver Tongued Devil and I
- Border Lord
- Jesus Was a Capricorn
- Spooky Lady’s Sideshow
- Who’s to Bless and Who’s to Blame
- Surreal Thing
- Easter Island
- Shake Hands with the Devil
- To the Bone
- Third World Warrior
- A Moment of Forever
- The Austin Sessions
Frequently Asked Questions About Kris Kristofferson
Who is Kris Kristofferson?
Kris is an accomplished singer-songwriter and actor who is best known as the writer and recorder of the songs Me and Bobby McGee.
How old is Kris Kristofferson?
Kris is 83 years old as of 2019, he was born Kristoffer Kristofferson on June 22, 1936, in Brownsville, Texas, United States of America.
How tall is Kris Kristofferson?
Kris stands at a height of 5ft 9 in (1.79 m).
Is Kris Kristofferson married?
Yes, he is married to Lisa Meyers. They got married in 1983 and together they have five children. The couple resides in Los Flores Canyon in Malibu, California together with their children.
How much is Kris Kristofferson worth?
Kris has an approximate net worth of $2oo million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the entertainment industry.
How much does Kris Kristofferson make?
Kristofferson’s annual salary is estimated to be $20,000,000.
What happened to Kris Kristofferson?
In 1999 he had successful bypass surgery, but from 2004 to 2015 suffered from what was finally diagnosed as Lyme Disease, although initially it was incorrectly thought to be early-onset Alzheimer’s disease.
Where does Kris Kristofferson live?
He is a resident of Los Flores Canyon in Malibu, California, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Is Kris Kristofferson dead or alive?
Kris is alive and in good health but from 2004 to 2015 suffered from what was finally diagnosed as Lyme Disease, although initially it was incorrectly thought to be early-onset Alzheimer’s disease.
Where is Kris Kristofferson now?
Currently, he is situated in Los Flores Canyon in Malibu, California. He still performs in different cities.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.