Lesley-Anne Down Biography
Lesley-Anne Down is a British actress, singer, and former model who was born and brought up in Wandsworth, London, England, United Kingdom. She is widely known for her roles in Upstairs, Downstairs as Georgina Worsley, North and South as Madeline Fabray LaMotte, The Pink Panther Strikes Again as Olga Bariosova, Dark House as Lilian Di Santo, and in Sunset Beach as Olivia Richards.
10 Quick Facts About Lesley-Anne Down
- Name: Lesley Anne Down
- Age: 54 Years (As of 2023)
- Birthday: 17 March
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Height: 5 feet 4 inches (1.62 m)
- Nationality: British
- Occupation: Actress, Singer, and Former Model
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: $10 Million
Lesley-Anne Down Age
Down is 69 years old as of 2023, she was born on 17 March 1954, in Wandsworth, London, England. She celebrates her birthday on 17 March every year and her birth sign is Pisces.
Lesley-Anne Down Height
Down stands at a height of 5 feet 4 inches (1.62 m). Her body measurements are 33-24-33 inches.
Lesley-Anne Down Weight
Down Weighs 60 kg (132 lbs). She has blue eyes and dark brown hair.
Early Life and Education
Down was born on March 17, 1954, in Wandsworth, London, England. She attended London’s Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts as a child, where she received training in acting, singing, and dancing. She started her modeling career at the age of 15, and after a few years, she decided to transition to acting.
Throughout her early career, Down continued to study acting and worked to improve her craft. She took lessons from famous acting coach Lee Strasberg, who also taught actors such as Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, and Robert De Niro.
Rise to Fame
Down’s rise to fame began with her role in the television series “Upstairs, Downstairs,” which aired from 1973 to 1975. Down played the character of Georgina Worsley, a mischievous and flirtatious maid, and her performance received critical acclaim, helping to establish her as a rising star in the entertainment industry.
Following the success of “Upstairs, Downstairs,” Down went on to appear in several films, including “The Great Train Robbery” (1978) and “Hanover Street” (1979), both directed by Peter Hyams.
She also starred in the television series “Dallas” (1981) and “North and South” (1985), which earned her a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie.
In the 1990s, Down became a regular cast member on the popular soap opera “The Bold and the Beautiful,” playing the role of Jacqueline Payne Marone. She also appeared in the soap opera “Sunset Beach” (1997-1999).
Over the years, Down has continued to work in both film and television, and has maintained a devoted fanbase. Her talent and versatility as an actress have made her a respected figure in the entertainment industry.
Lesley-Anne Down Family, Parents
Down was born to her parents Isobel Down and Jack Down in London. She spent her childhood with her sibling sister named Angela Julie Ward.
Lesley-Anne Down Husband
Down is currently married to Don E. Fauntleroy, an American cinematographer and director of films. The couple tied the knot in 1986. She was previously married to William Friedkin, an American film and television director, producer and screenwriter. They got married in 1982 but later divorced in 1985. She was first married to Enrique Gabriel from 1980 to 1981.
Lesley-Anne Down Children
Down is a mother of two children, two sons named Jackson Friedkin and George-Edward FauntLeRoy. Jack was born in 1982 from her marriage to William Friedkin. George was born in 1982 from her currently marriage to Fauntleroy.
Lesley-Anne Down Net Worth
Down has an estimated net worth of $10 million dollars as of 2023. This includes her assets, money and income. Her primary source of income is her career as an actress, singer, and former model. Through her various sources of income, Lesley-Anne has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Lesley-Anne Down Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Lesley-Anne
Lesley-Anne Down Wiki
- Full Names: Lesley Anne Down
- Popular As: Lesley
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Actress, Singer, and Former Model
- Nationality: British
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Lesley-Anne Down Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 69 years (2023)
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Date of Birth: 17 March 1954
- Place of Birth: Wandsworth, London, England, UK
- Birthday: 17 March
Lesley-Anne Down Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: 33-24-33 inches
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 4 inches (1.62 m)
- Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Breast Size: 33 inches
- Waist Size: 24 inches
- Hip Size: 33 inches
Lesley-Anne Down Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Jack Down
- Mother: Isobel Down
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Angela Julie Ward
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Don E. FauntLeRoy
- Dating / Boyfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (George-Edward FauntLeRoy, Jackson Friedkin) Daughter(s) (None)
Lesley-Anne Down Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $10 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Actress, Singer, and Former Model
Lesley-Anne Down Career
Lesley-Anne is an English actress who has worked in film and television for over four decades. She began her acting career at the age of 15 and quickly gained fame in the United Kingdom as a model and actress.
Lesley-Anne’s first major film role was in the 1969 comedy “Up Pompeii.” She went on to star in a number of other films throughout the 1970s, including “The Pink Panther Strikes Again” (1976), “A Little Night Music” (1977), and “The First Great Train Robbery” (1978).
In the 1980s, Lesley-Anne turned her attention to television and became a popular actress in the United States. She played the lead role in the miniseries “North and South” (1985) and its sequel, “North and South, Book II” (1986). She also appeared in the television series “Dallas” (1981-1991) and “Sunset Beach” (1997-1999).
More recently, Lesley-Anne has continued to act in television and film. She had a recurring role on the television series “The Bold and the Beautiful” (2003-2018) and appeared in the film “The Beautiful Ones” (2017).
Throughout her career, Lesley-Anne has been recognized for her talent with a number of awards and nominations. She won a Soap Opera Digest Award for her work on “The Bold and the Beautiful” and was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for her role in the miniseries “North and South.”
Lesley-Anne Down Movies and TV Shows
- 1969 – The Smashing Bird I Used to Know Diana
- 1971 – All the Right Noises Laura
- 1971 – Assault Tessa Hurst
- 1971 – Countess Dracula Ilona Nodosheen
- 1972 – Pope Joan Cecilia
- 1973 – Scalawag Lucy-Ann
- 1974 – From Beyond the Grave Rosemary Seaton segment “The Door”
- 1975 – Brannigan Luana
- 1976 – The Pink Panther Strikes Again Olga Bariosova
- 1977 – A Little Night Music Anne Egerman
- 1978 – The Betsy Lady Bobby Ayres
- 1978 – The First Great Train Robbery Miriam
- 1979 – Hanover Street Margaret Sellinger
- 1980 – Rough Cut Gillian Bromley
- 1981 – Sphinx Erica Baron
- 1986 – Nomads Flax
- 1987 – Scenes from the Goldmine Herself
- 1992 – Out of Control Elaine Patterson
- 1993 – Night Trap Christine Turner
- 1994 – Munchie Strikes Back Linda McClelland
- 1994 – Death Wish V: The Face of Death Olivia Regent
- 1994 – In the Heat of Passion II: Unfaithful Jean Bradshaw
- 1996 – The Secret Agent Club Eve
- 1997 – Meet Wally Sparks Hooker Nurse cameo
- 2000 – The King’s Guard Queen Beatrice
- 2001 – The Meeksville Ghost Emily Meeks
- 2002 – 13th Child District Attorney Murphy
- 2005 – Today You Die Bank Manager
- 2006 – Seven Days of Grace Lillian Actress and writer
- 2006 – Mercenary for Justice Newscaster Uncredited
- 2011 – Cinnamon Aunt Dora
- 2011 – Rosewood Lane Dr. Cloey Talbot
- 2014 – Dark House Lilian Di Santo
- 2015 – Kill Me, Deadly Grand Dame Lady Clairmont
- 2015 – Absolution Svetlana
- 2015 – Of God and Kings Madame Renard
- 2017 – Justice Elizabeth
- 2017 – Gates of Darkness Sister Clare Actress and writer
- 2018 – Alex & the List Victoria
- 2023 – Reagan Margaret Thatcher
- 1971 – Six Dates with Barker Cheeky
- 1971 – Out of the Unknown Diana Carver
- 1971 – Public Eye Anne Biddersloe
- 1973–1975 – Upstairs, Downstairs Georgina Worsley
- 1976 – When the Boat Comes In Jane Cromer
- 1974 – Bedtime Stories Monica
- 1975 – The Sweeney Caroline Selhurst
- 1977 – Play of the Month Ellie Dunn
- 1977 – Supernatural Felizitas
- 1978 – The One and Only Phyllis Dixey Phyllis Dixey
- 1981 – BBC2 Playhouse Unity Mitford
- 1982 – Murder Is Easy Bridget Conway
- 1982 – The Hunchback of Notre Dame Esmeralda
- 1984 – The Last Days of Pompeii Chloe
- 1985 – Arch of Triumph Joan Madou
- 1985 – North and South Madeline Fabray LaMotte
- 1986 – North and South, Book II Madeline LaMotte
- 1988 – Indiscreet Anne Kingston
- 1988 – Ladykillers Morganna Ross
- 1989 – Night Walk Geneva Miller
- 1989 – CBS Summer Playhouse Cassandra
- 1990 – Dallas Stephanie Rogers
- 1992 – 1775 Annabelle Proctor
- 1994 – The Nanny Chloe Simpson
- 1994 – Heaven & Hell: North & South, Book III Madeline
- 1995 – A Family of Cops Anna Novacek
- 1996 – Beastmaster III: The Eye of Braxus Morgana
- 1996 – Diagnosis: Murder Catherine Windsor
- 1997–1999 – Sunset Beach Olivia Richards
- 1998 – Young Hearts Unlimited Barbara Young
- 2001 – Days of Our Lives Lady Sheraton
- 2001 – The Perfect Wife Helen Coburn
- 2001 – You Belong to Me Dr. Susan Chancellor
- 2003–2012 – The Bold and the Beautiful Jackie Marone
- 2016 – I Am Watching You Margaret
- 2016 – A Cinderella Christmas Victoria Carmichael
Notable Travel, Events, and Experiences
As an actress, Lesley-Anne has had many opportunities to travel, attend events, and have unique experiences. Here are some of her notable ones:
- Filming “North and South” in the United States: In 1985, Lesley-Anne traveled to the United States to film the television miniseries “North and South,” which was a critical and commercial success. The show was filmed in many different locations throughout the country, including South Carolina, Virginia, and Louisiana.
- Attending the Cannes Film Festival: Lesley-Anne has attended the Cannes Film Festival several times throughout her career, including in 1979 when she appeared in the film “Hanover Street” and in 1990 when she was promoting the film “The Secret of the Sahara.”
- Meeting Princess Diana: Lesley-Anne had the opportunity to meet Princess Diana at a charity event in London in 1985.
- Traveling to Monaco: Lesley-Anne has a connection to Monaco, as her husband was born there. She has attended several events in the country over the years, including the Monaco Charity Film Festival.
- Visiting Australia: Lesley-Anne is originally from England, but she has also spent time in Australia. She traveled there in the 1970s to film the television series “The Sullivans.”
- Performing in the theater: Lesley-Anne has performed in numerous theater productions throughout her career, including in London’s West End. She has also traveled to different cities to perform in various productions.
- Being a guest on talk shows: Lesley-Anne has appeared as a guest on various talk shows throughout her career, including “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson,” “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” and “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.”
Social Impact: Philanthropic, Charitable and Community Involvement
Lesley-Anne has been involved in various philanthropic and charitable activities throughout her career. Here are some of her notable social impact and community involvement:
- Pediatric AIDS Foundation: Lesley-Anne has been a longtime supporter of the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, which works to prevent and treat HIV in children around the world.
- Special Olympics: Lesley-Anne is also a supporter of the Special Olympics, which provides athletic opportunities to people with intellectual disabilities.
- Breast cancer awareness: Lesley-Anne has worked to raise awareness of breast cancer, speaking publicly about her own experience with the disease.
- Animal welfare: Lesley-Anne is an animal lover and has supported various animal welfare organizations, including the Humane Society and Best Friends Animal Society.
- Autism Speaks: Lesley-Anne has also supported Autism Speaks, an organization that advocates for people with autism and their families.
- Charity events: Lesley-Anne has participated in various charity events throughout her career, including the annual Race to Erase MS gala and the Love is Magic charity event.
- Community involvement: Lesley-Anne has also been involved in her local community, serving as a mentor for young actors and participating in local theater productions.
Lesley-Anne Down Awards Accomplishments and Achievements
Lesley-Anne is an English actress who has had a long and successful career in film, television, and theatre. Here are some of her notable awards, accomplishments, and achievements:
- Emmy Award nomination: In 1981, Lesley-Anne received a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for her role as Madeline Fabray in the television miniseries “The Last Days of Pompeii.”
- Lifetime Achievement Award: In 2012, Lesley-Anne was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Monaco Charity Film Festival.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame Star: In 1990, Lesley-Anne received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for her contributions to the entertainment industry.
- Theatre work: Lesley-Anne has also had a successful career in theatre, appearing in productions such as “Hamlet,” “Romeo and Juliet,” and “A Little Night Music.”
- Film roles: Lesley-Anne has appeared in several films throughout her career, including “The Pink Panther Strikes Again” (1976), “The First Great Train Robbery” (1978), and “Nomads” (1986).
- Television roles: Lesley-Anne has had numerous roles in television, including as Olivia Blake in “Dallas” (1990-1991) and as Lady Sherwood in “The Bold and the Beautiful” (2003-2004).
- Philanthropy: Lesley-Anne is involved in several charitable organizations, including the Pediatric AIDS Foundation and the Special Olympics.
Lesley-Anne’s legacy in the entertainment industry includes her work as an actress in film, television, and theater. She has appeared in many notable productions throughout her career, including the television series “Upstairs, Downstairs,” the films “The Great Train Robbery” and “Hanover Street,” and the miniseries “North and South.” Her performances have been praised by critics and audiences alike, and she has received several award nominations for her work.
Beyond her work as an actress, Lesley-Anne has also made a positive impact through her philanthropic and charitable efforts. She has been involved in various causes throughout her career, including pediatric AIDS, breast cancer awareness, and animal welfare. Her advocacy and support have helped to raise awareness and funds for important social issues.
As for her legacy, Lesley-Anne will be remembered as a talented actress and a passionate advocate for social causes. Her work in the entertainment industry has left an indelible mark, and her dedication to making a positive impact on the world will continue to inspire others.
Hobbies and Interests
- Painting: Lesley-Anne has mentioned in interviews that she enjoys painting as a way to relax and unwind.
- Cooking: Lesley-Anne has also mentioned that she enjoys cooking and experimenting with new recipes in her spare time.
- Reading: Lesley-Anne has mentioned in interviews that she enjoys reading, particularly historical novels and biographies.
- Traveling: Lesley-Anne has had the opportunity to travel extensively throughout her career, and she has mentioned in interviews that she enjoys exploring new places and experiencing different cultures.
- Yoga: Lesley-Anne has mentioned that she practices yoga regularly as a way to stay healthy and centered.
- Gardening: Lesley-Anne has also mentioned in interviews that she enjoys gardening and spending time outdoors.
Lesley-Anne is a talented actress who has made a significant impact in the entertainment industry throughout her career. Her dedication to her craft, her advocacy for important social causes, and her positive attitude have made her a beloved figure among fans and colleagues alike.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lesley-Anne Down
Lesley-Anne is an accomplished actress, singer, and former model who gained extensive recognition for her roles in the films Upstairs, Downstairs (1973–75) and North and South (1985).
Lesley-Anne is a British national born on 17th March 1954, in Wandsworth, London.
Lesley-Anne stands at a height of 5 feet 4 inches (1.62 meters).
Yes, Lesley-Anne is married to Don E. FauntLeRoy. They got married in 1986 and together they have two children. The couple resides in Malibu, California together with their children.
Lesley-Anne has an approximate net worth of $10 million. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Details about Lesley-Anne’s salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much she makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Lesley-Anne is a resident of Malibu, California, USA, we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Lesley-Anne is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Lesley-Anne is still an active participant in the creative entertainment industry, she is a cast member of Reagan.
Lesley-Anne Down Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: