Level 5 Hospitals in Kenya
Level 5 Hospitals in Kenya are regional referral centers that provide, specialised care, including intensive care, life support and specialist consultations. They have the resources to provide adequate medical and surgical services and also incorporate all Level 4 Hospitals facilities.
Level 5 Hospitals should have;
- A medical superintendent should lead a team of at least 15 medical officers, seven anesthesiologists, two cardiologists, four general surgeons, and two orthopedic surgeons.
- It should have a 500-bed capacity with ICU and HDU having 12 beds each.
- One mammographer, three CT scan or MRI radiographer, two human resource management officers, 50 medical laboratory technologists, four cateresses, 20 cooks, 15 drivers, 60 support staff, 10 mortuary attendants, and 16 security officers should also form part of the staff.
- The facility also offers specialized therapy services including radiotherapy, chemotherapy and renal dialysis, sterile production unit services, internship training, forensic pathology services, and 24-hour pharmacy services.
- The hospital should be built on at least ten acres of land or 5,000 square meters.
- The hospital should employ at least 90 clinical officers, 1,118 nurses with specialists spread across different departments, 11 pharmacists (general, clinical, oncology pharmacists) and 10 pharmaceutical technologists.
- The services offered are similar to level 4 except for the number of patients, which is higher. A level 5 hospital can handle more than 250 patients per day as well as specialized clinics.
- The team should also include a critical care physician, two ENT surgeons, three gynecologists, four oncologists, and two palliative care specialists.
- There should be an inpatient and outpatient pharmacy, burn unit and staff quarters for at least eight persons on duty.
List of Level 5 Hospitals in Kenya
- Thika Level 5 Hospital
- Nyeri Level 5 Hospital
- Nakuru Level 5 Hospital
- Mombasa Level 5 Hospital
- Meru Level 5 Hospital
- Mama Lucy Kibaki Hospital
- Machakos Level 5 Hospital
- Kisumu Level 5 Hospital
- Kisii Level 5 Hospital
- Kakamega Level 5 Hospital
- Garissa Level 5 Hospital
- Embu Level 5 Hospital
Addresses to Level 5 Hospitals in Kenya
1. Nakuru Level 5 Hospital
- Physical Address: London, Nakuru Town West, along the Nakuru-Sigor Road
- Postal address: P.O Box 71- 2 0100 Nakuru
- Telephone: 0721 750460
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Coast General Hospital Level 5
- Physical Address: Bondeni, Kisauni Road, Mombasa city
- Telephone: 0722 207868
- Postal address: P.O Box 90231, 80100-Mombasa
For more information visit: Coast General Hospital
3. Embu Level 5 Hospital
- Physical Address: Njukiiri, Embu West in Embu County along the Embu-Meru Highway.
- Postal address: P.O. Box 33, 60100-Embu
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 068-2231055/6 or 068-2231156
For more information visit: Embu Level 5 Hospital
4. Thika Level 5 Hospital
- Physical Address: Thika Town, General Kago Road, Kamenu
- Postal address: P.O Box 227, 01000-Thika
- Telephone: 067-31693/21621
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit: Thika Level 5 Hospital
5. Othaya Level 5 hospital
- Physical Address: Othaya town, along the Kiria-ini – Othaya road
- Postal address: P. O BOX 83-10106, Othaya
- Telephone: 0722 207868
6. Machakos Level 5 Hospital
- Physical Address: Masaku Township, Machakos
- Postal address: P.O Box 1, 90100-Machakos
- Telephone: 044 2021685/ 0722313913
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.machakoshospital.org/about-machakos-level-5-hospital/
For more information visit: Machakos Level 5 Hospital
7. Kakamega Level 5 Hospital
- Physical Address: 1 Kilometre from Kakamega Town’s CBD
- Postal address: P.O Box 15, 50100-Kakamega
- Telephone:054-31551/0720-295739/ 0715 671123
For more information visit: Kakamega Level 5 Hospital
8. Garissa Level 5 Hospital
- Physical Address: Along Kismayu Road about 1.5 kilometers from Garissa Town’s CBD
- Postal address: P.O. Box 29,70100-Garissa
- Telephone: 046-2102058
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit: Garissa Level 5 Hospital
9. Nyeri Level 5 Hospital
- Physical Address: Nyeri Town, Way to Kangemi (Past Nyamachaki primary), Opp. St Mary Boys
- Postal address: P.O. Box 27-10100, Nyeri
- Telephone: 0724 249693/ 061-2030993/0722-338285
- Email address: email@example.com
For more information visit: Nyeri Level 5 Hospital
10. Meru Level 5 Hospital
- Physical Address: Imenti North, Meru
- Postal address: P.O Box 8, 60200-Meru
- Telephone: 064-32370/0772 207572 /0758 722012
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit: Meru Level 5 Hospital
11. Mama Lucy Kibaki Hospital
- Physical Address: Kangundo Rd, Embakasi (Umoja estate), Nairobi
- Postal address: P.O Box 34349-00100 Nairobi
- Telephone: 020-8022676
- Email address: email@example.com
For more information visit: Mama Lucy Kibaki Hospital
12. Kisumu Level 5 Hospital (Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital.)
- Physical Address: Kisumu Town East, Kondele area, past Pramukh supermarket
- Postal address: P.O. Box 1818, 40100-Kisumu
- Telephone: 0733 888 579/ 057-2020801 /0721-236582
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit: Kisumu Level 5 Hospital
Level 4 Hospitals in Kenya must have the following;
- Emergency, general and specialized operations are handled at the facility.
- Has the capacity to manage medical, surgical, pediatric and gynecological in-patients, radiology services, renal dialysis, tuberculosis management, and mortuary and autopsy services.
- In terms of equipment, the rental unit should have at least five dialysis machines, there should also be an MRI machine, CT scan, and mammography machine.
- It should also have an endoscopy, laparoscopy, and colonoscopy.
- Level 4 requires more specialized personnel with at least 16 resident medical officers, two anesthesiologists, two general surgeons, two gynecologists, two pediatrics and two radiologists.
- Provides a highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART), antiretroviral (ARV) prophylaxis for children born of HIV-positive mothers, male circumcision, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) management, and screening for animal transmitted conditions.
- Should have a 150- bed capacity for an inpatient with 30 beds each for male, female, pediatric, antenatal and postnatal wards.
- The facility also screens for and examines cervical, breast and prostate cancers, vaccination for yellow fever, tetanus, hepatitis B and rabies, management of surgical and medical and advanced life support, management of high-risk pregnancies and obstetric complications, pre-term labor, and cesarean sections.
- The facility should be built on a five-acre piece of land or an office space of approximately 2,500 square meters.
- The labor ward should have at least three delivery beds and two resuscitating beds while the new-born unit should have at least five incubators and five cots.
- The least number of clinical officers that such a hospital should employ is 195 specialists with 76 special nurses, 4 pharmacists, 2 clinical Pharmacists, and 8 pharmaceutical technologists.
- There should be at least six beds at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) with an equivalent bed capacity for the High Dependency Unit (HDU) and radiology.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.