Loyiso Bala Biography
Loyiso Bala is a South African musician. In 2013, Loyiso was appointed UNAids National Goodwill Ambassador.
Loyiso Bala Age
Bala was born on 22nd September 1979 in Uitenhage, Eastern Cape in South Africa. Loyiso Bala is 40 years as of 2019. He’s of South African nationality.
Loyiso Bala Career
He started his career as a member of the ‘Bala Brothers’- a group that was made up of brothers Zwai Bala, Loyiso Bala, and Phelo Bala. The group gained prominence when Zwai Bala joined the Drakensberg Boys’ Choir School in 1988, becoming the first black member of the previously segregated group six years before the end of apartheid.
Loyiso later joined the Drakensburg Boys’ Choir School. In 2006 the Bala Brothers released their first album B3 on Sony BMG Entertainment Africa. The brothers continued to work on solo projects individually but continued to tour as a group.
In May 2013 they released another LP, Live at Emperors Palace, through their own label, Bala Brothers Production since Sony BMG had dissolved.
Loyiso Bala Songs
- Our God Is Awesome
- You Reign
- Dali Wami
- Wrong For You
- Holy Holy
- Time to Dance
- Saving Grace
- Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
- World of Mine
- Kingdom Come
- Power Love Sound
- Great is Thy Faithfulness
- Girl, You’re Mine
- How Great Thou Art / Great and Mighty
- My Angel
- Can’t Live Without You
- Jesus Is Here
- Miss You More
- Intando Yakho
- Won’t Get Over You
- You’re My Music
- He Loves Us
- Jesus Speaks
- Karma Police
- I Believe
- Did You Know It
- Rise Up South Africa
- I Want You
- He has been both a presenter and a performer at the South African Music Awards and performed at the 2012 Miss South Africa pageant.
- Loyiso has appeared as a guest artist himself on more than one season of the SABC2 musical game show Noot Vir Noot and was a contestant on the first two seasons of the reality competition series Tropika Island of Treasure, in Mauritius and Zanzibar.
- In 2016 he was one of the judges on the kykNET reality competition series Varsity Sing, in which South Africa’s top choirs compete in a knock-out format to be crowned the best university choir.
Loyiso Bala Awards
- 1999: Best Faith Album ‘Power Love Sound’ at South African Music Awards.
- 2007: Best R&B Album at Metro FM.
- 2008: Best R&B Artist at MTN S.A. Music Award.
- 2008: Best Producer at MTN S.A. Music Award.
- 2015: He won a South African Music Awards.
Loyiso Bala Family
In 2011 he married Jennifer Odjidja and they have one child Kenzie Bala.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.