Maite Nkoana Mashabane Biography
Maite Nkoana Mashabane (Maite Emily Nkoana Mashabane) was born on 30th September 1963 in Magoebaskloof, South Africa. She is a South African politician and the Minister of International Relations and Cooperation.
Maite Nkoana Mashabane Political Career
In the 1980’s she was an active member of the United Democratic Front and served in various structures of the Mass Democratic Movement and the African National Congress’ (ANC) underground structures.
In 1990 after the unbanning of ANC she served the party in various structures, including the ANC Women’s League (ANCWL) and actively participated in the relaunch of the ANCWL in the country.
She was appointed as South African High Commissioner to India and Malaysia.From 1992 to 1995 she served as the Chairperson of the ANCWL in Limpopo and as member of the National Working Committee (NWC).
She later became Limpopo’s Local Government and Housing Member of the Executive Council. In December 2007 she was elected to the NEC at ANC.
In December 2012 she was re-elected as a member of the National Executive Committee of ANC.
On 9th May 2009 she was appointed by President Jacob Zuma as the Minister of International Relations and Cooperation.
From 28th November to 11th December 2011 she was the President of the 2011 United Nations Climate Change Conference held in Durban.
On 26th May 2014 she was sworn in for a second term as Minister of International Relations and Cooperation. In 2015 she was elected as the Treasurer General of the ANCWL.
Maite Nkoana Mashabane Political Positions
- 2009 – Present: Minister of International Relations and Cooperation.
- 2009 – Present: Member of Parliament, African National Congress.
- 2007 – Present: Provincial Convener, Limpopo Chapter.
- 2009 – 2010: Director of Local Organising Commitee.
- 2004 – 2008: Provincial Deputy Secretary of African National Congress
- 2004 – 2005: Member of Provincial Executive Council, Local Government and Housing.
- 1999 – 2005: High Commissioner of India, South African High Commission.
- 1995 – 1999: High Commissioner of Malaysia,South African High Commission.
- 1992 – 1995: Chairperson of ANC Women’s League
Maite Nkoana Mashabane Membership
- 2007 – Present: Member of National Executive Committee (NEC)
- 2007 – Present: Member of the National Working Committee
- 1992 – 1995: Member of the African National Congress Women’s League
Maite Nkoana Mashabane Family
She was married to Norman Mashabane, a former South African ambassador to Indonesia who died in a car accident in 2007. She has one child Masetle Mashabane.
Maite Nkoana Mashabane Contacts
- Tel: 079 890 5111/ 021 464 3700/ 012 351 0002.
- Fax: 012 351 1000
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take collective measures to the best of our abilities.