Mark Pellegrino Biography
Mark Pellegrino is an American actor who was born and brought up in Los Angeles, California, United States of America. He is widely known for his roles in Dexter as Paul Bennett, Lost as Jacob, Supernatural as Nick / Lucifer, Grey’s Anatomy as Chris, Criminal Minds as Lieutenant Evans, Capote as Richard Eugene “Dick” Hickock, and in NYPD Blue as Frank Watkins / Stanley Struel / Steve Dansick.
10 Quick Facts About Mark Pellegrino
- Name: Mark Ross Pellegrino
- Age: 58 Years (As of 2023)
- Birthday: 9 April
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Height: 6 feet 1 inches (1.85 m)
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actor
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: $3 Million
Mark Pellegrino Age
Pellegrino is 58 years old as of 2023, he was born on 9 April 1965, in Los Angeles, California, United States. He celebrates his birthday on 9 April every year and his birth sign is Aries.
Mark Pellegrino Height
Pellegrino stands at a height of 6 feet 1 inches (1.85 m). His body measurements are 32-26-16 inches.
Mark Pellegrino Weight
Pellegrino Weighs 79 kg (174 lbs). He has blue eyes and blonde hair.
Early Life and Education
Pellegrino was born on April 9, 1965, in Los Angeles, California, USA. He attended Notre Dame High School. He then enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature.
He then went on to study acting at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, California. During his time at the American Conservatory Theater, Pellegrino received intensive training in acting techniques, including the Meisner technique, which emphasizes emotional honesty and authenticity in performance.
Rise to Fame
Pellegrino’s rise to fame began in the late 1990s, when he began to land small roles in TV shows and movies. He appeared in a number of films, such as Lethal Weapon 3, Mulholland Falls, and The Big Lebowski, but it was his TV roles that garnered him the most attention.
One of his early TV roles was in the popular medical drama ER, where he appeared in three episodes in 1997. He also had recurring roles in other TV shows, such as NYPD Blue and The X-Files.
However, Pellegrino’s breakthrough role came in 2009, when he was cast as Jacob, a pivotal character in the hit TV series Lost. His performance as Jacob was widely praised by both critics and audiences, and it helped to establish him as a prominent character actor.
After Lost, Pellegrino continued to land high-profile roles in popular TV shows, such as Dexter, Supernatural, and Being Human. His portrayal of the character Lucifer in Supernatural was particularly well-received, and it earned him a dedicated fan following.
Today, Pellegrino is regarded as one of the most talented and versatile character actors in the entertainment industry, and he continues to be in high demand for his dramatic and nuanced performances.
Mark Pellegrino Family
Pellegrino was born to his father Jerry of German descent and his mother in California. His parents got divorced when he was two years old and his mother remarried Bill Pellegrino (his step-father). Our efforts to find out more about his family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of his mother is still unclear. It is also not known if he has any siblings. We will update this section once this information is available.
Mark Pellegrino Wife
Pellegrino is currently married to his wife Tracy Aziz, a producer and writer. The couple tied the knot in October 2008. They have two children from Tracy’s previous marriage named Tess and Misha.
Mark Pellegrino Children
Pellegrino has two step children, a daughter named Tess and a son named Misha.
Mark Pellegrino Net Worth
Pellegrino has an estimated net worth of $3 million dollars as of 2023. This includes his assets, money and income. His primary source of income is his career as an actor. Through his various sources of income, Mark has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Mark Pellegrino Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Mark.
Mark Pellegrino Wiki
- Full Names: Mark Ross Pellegrino
- Popular As: Mark
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Actor
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Atheist
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mark Pellegrino Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 58 years (2023)
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Date of Birth: 9 April 1965
- Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Birthday: 9 April
Mark Pellegrino Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: 32-26-16 inches
- Height / How Tall?: 6 feet 1 inches (1.85 m)
- Weight: 79 kg (174 lbs)
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Shoe Size: Not Available
- Chest Size: 32 inches
- Waist Size: 26 inches
- Bicep Size: 16 inches
Mark Pellegrino Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Bill Pellegrino (Step-Father), Jerry (Biological)
- Mother: Not Known
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Tracy Aziz
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Misha) Daughter(s) (Tess)
Mark Pellegrino Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $3 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Actor
Mark Pellegrino Career
In November 1999, Mark appeared in season 7, episode 3 of The X-Files. In 2001, he played an incompetent hitman in David Lynch’s critically acclaimed Mulholland Drive. Pellegrino starred as Rita’s abusive ex-con former husband Paul on Showtime’s Dexter.
Mark played Lucifer on Supernatural and as the mysterious near-immortal Jacob on ABC’s Lost. Pellegrino has appeared on the television series Northern Exposure, ER, NYPD Blue, Without a Trace, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and Knight Rider.
Mark played the “Blond Thug” who stuffs The Dude’s head down the toilet and drops his bowling ball, breaking the floor tile, in the cult film The Big Lebowski. He was featured as the background FBI agent known as Agent Johnson in National Treasure.
Mark appeared in the 2005 Academy Award winning film Capote, playing murderer Dick Hickock. Among his numerous cable and network television show roles, Pellegrino portrayed terrorist bomber Bobby James on The Beast.
Mark Pellegrino Lost
Mark was cast in March 2009, on the ABC series Lost for an appearance in the final episode of Season 5, to play the role of the mysterious Jacob. Although the press release for the episode refers to his character simply as “Man No. 1”, the episode revealed that Pellegrino played Jacob, a mysterious character pivotal to the show’s plot.
Mark Pellegrino Supernatural
It was also announced on June 26, 2009, that Mark was cast in a recurring role as Lucifer in the fifth season of the CW series Supernatural until he was returned to his prison, returning in the seventh season as a hallucination of protagonist Sam Winchester due to his mental damage after he spent a year in the Cage, until Sam was cured of his insanity.
Mark reprised his role as Lucifer in season 11’s O Brother Where Art Thou?, The Devil in the Details and Hell’s Angel.
Mark portrayed the vampire “Bishop” in the SyFy horror series Being Human in the first season and also reprises the role in season 2 and 3 as both flashbacks and hallucinations. He joined the ABC thriller series Quantico in 2015, playing the recurring role of FBI Deputy Director Clayton Haas.
Mark Pellegrino Movies and TV Shows
- 1987 – Fatal Beauty Frankenstein
- 1988 – What Price Victory
- 1989 – No Holds Barred Randy Thomas
- 1990 – Prayer of the Rollerboys Bango
- 1991 – Blood & Concrete / Blood & Concrete: A Love Story Bartholomew “Bart” Daniels
- 1992 – Lethal Weapon 3 Billy Phelps
- 1993 – Trouble Bound Deputy Roy
- 1994 – Knight Rider 2010 Robert Lee
- 1996 – For Life or Death / Soul of the Avenger Earl Stockman
- 1997 – Born Into Exile Walter, Owner of Eatery
- 1998 – The Big Lebowski Blonde Treehorn Thug #2
- 1999 – Clubland Lipton T Film – Misspelled name as “Matt Pellegrino”
- 2000 – House of Love Neil Film – Credited as “Henry Taggert”
- 2001 – Say It Isn’t So Jimmy Mitchelson
- 2002 – The Killer Next Door / Ronnie Keith Schwann
- 2003 – Moving Alan Alan Kennard
- 2004 – Spartan Convict
- 2005 – Ellie Parker Justin
- 2006 – Caffeine Tom
- 2007 – The Number 23 Kyle Flinch
- 2008 – The Last Days of Limbo Cardinal Reynolds
- 2009 – An American Affair Graham Caswell
- 2011 – Joint Body / The Bandit Nick Burke
- 2012 – Hemingway & Gellhorn Max Eastman
- 2013 – Game Changer Bruce
- 2015-2018 – The Hillywood Show Dancer / Slimer
- 2018 – Beirut Cal Riley
- 2023 – Mis/Identity Not yet released The Overseer
- TBD – Strangers in a Strange Land Not yet released Grungy Man
- TBD – Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley
- 1987 – L.A. Law Punk Season 2
- 1989 – Doogie Howser, M.D. Dude
- 1990 – Hunter John Reynolds
- 1992 – Northern Exposure Rolf Hauser
- 1993 – The Commish Joe “Joey” Lund
- 1994 – Viper Yuri
- 1995 – Marker Charles “Chuck” Calder
- 1996 – ER Nathan Conley
- 1997-2002 NYPD Blue Frank Watkins / Stanley Struel / Steve Dansick
- 1998 – Brimstone Robert Busch
- 1999 – The X-Files Derwood Spinks
- 2001 – The Beast Bobby James / Robert Tibideau
- 2002 – Crossing Jordan Keith Walker
- 2003-2011 – CSI: Miami Jed Gold / Greg Calomar
- 2005-2009 – CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Elliot Perolta / Bruno Curtis
- 2006–2007 – Dexter Paul Bennett
- 2007 – Grey’s Anatomy Chris
- 2008-2012 – Chuck Fulcrum Agent / Hector
- 2008 – Criminal Minds Lieutenant Evans
- 2009–2020 Supernatural Nick / Lucifer
- 2009–2010 – Lost Jacob
- 2011-2014 – Being Human James Bishop
- 2012 – Castle Tom Dempsey / Tom Dempsey III
- 2013–2014 – The Tomorrow People Jedikiah Price
- 2015 – Chicago P.D. Jim Anderoff
- 2015–2016 – Quantico Executive Assistant Director to the FBI Clayton Haas
- 2017–2020 13 Reasons Why Deputy Bill Standall
- 2021-TBD – American Rust Virgil Poe
- 2021 9-1-1 – Mitchell Trent
- 2022 – The Rookie: Feds Victor Quincannon (FBI Wanted Picture Only) / Walter Krebs / Logan Hess
- 2023 – Class of ’09 Mark Tupirik
- TBD – Underdeveloped
Notable Travel, Events, and Experiences
- Comic-Con: Mark has attended several Comic-Con events over the years to meet with fans and discuss his roles on popular TV shows.
- Supernatural Conventions: Mark has also attended several Supernatural conventions, where he has interacted with fans and participated in Q&A sessions.
- Lost Finale Event: Mark was present at the Lost finale event held in Hawaii in 2010, where he joined the rest of the cast in celebrating the end of the show.
- Charity Work: Mark has participated in several charity events throughout his career, including the Hollywood Half Marathon, which benefits the non-profit organization APLA Health.
- Filming Locations: Mark has traveled to various filming locations for his roles, including Hawaii for Lost, Vancouver for Supernatural, and New York City for The Number 23.
Future Aspirations and Goals
- Continuing Acting Career: Mark has expressed a deep passion for acting and a desire to continue his career in the entertainment industry. He may aspire to take on new and challenging roles that allow him to showcase his acting abilities.
- Writing and Directing: In addition to acting, Mark has also expressed an interest in writing and directing. He has directed a short film called “The Last Train,” and he may aspire to continue developing his skills in these areas.
- Advocacy Work: Mark is passionate about several social issues, including animal rights and environmental conservation. He may continue to work with organizations that promote these causes and use his platform as an actor to raise awareness and inspire action.
- Personal Growth: Mark has spoken openly about his personal struggles with addiction and mental health. He may aspire to continue working on his own personal growth and well-being, as well as supporting others who may be struggling with similar challenges.
Social Impact: Philanthropic, Charitable and Community Involvement
- Animal Rights Advocacy: Mark is a strong advocate for animal rights and has worked with organizations such as Mercy for Animals and PETA to promote animal welfare and combat animal cruelty.
- Environmental Conservation: Mark is also passionate about environmental conservation and has worked with organizations such as the Rainforest Action Network and the Environmental Media Association to promote sustainable practices and raise awareness about environmental issues.
- Humanitarian Work: Mark has participated in various humanitarian initiatives, including the Hollywood Half Marathon, which raises funds for the non-profit organization APLA Health.
- Mental Health Awareness: Mark has spoken openly about his struggles with addiction and mental health and has used his platform to raise awareness about these issues and promote access to mental health resources.
- Community Involvement: Mark has been involved in various community-based initiatives, including volunteering at food banks and supporting local non-profit organizations.
Mark Pellegrino Awards Accomplishments and Achievements
- Acting Career: Mark has a successful acting career spanning over three decades. He has appeared in more than 100 movies and TV shows, including popular shows such as Lost, Supernatural, Dexter, and 13 Reasons Why.
- Filmography: Some of Mark’s notable movies include The Big Lebowski, National Treasure, The Number 23, and The Trials of Cate McCall.
- Television: Mark has made several appearances on popular TV shows such as ER, The X-Files, NYPD Blue, and Prison Break. However, he is best known for his roles as Jacob on Lost and as Lucifer on Supernatural.
- Awards and Nominations: Mark has been nominated for several awards throughout his career. In 2010, he won the Best Guest Actor in a Drama Series award at the Saturn Awards for his role as Jacob on Lost. He was also nominated for the same award in 2012 for his role as Lucifer on Supernatural.
- Activism: Mark is also known for his activism and advocacy work. He has worked with various organizations to raise awareness about social issues such as human rights, animal rights, and environmental conservation.
- Iconic TV Roles: Mark is perhaps best known for his roles as Jacob on Lost and Lucifer on Supernatural. These iconic roles have cemented his place in popular culture and will continue to be remembered by fans for years to come.
- Versatility: Mark’s ability to play a wide range of characters in both TV and film has showcased his versatility as an actor. His performances have been praised for their complexity and nuance, leaving a lasting impression on audiences.
- Advocacy Work: Mark’s dedication to various social causes, including animal rights and environmental conservation, has left a positive impact on the world. His advocacy work has inspired others to take action and make a difference in their communities.
- Inspiration: Mark has been open about his struggles with addiction and mental health, and his willingness to share his story has inspired others to seek help and support. His honesty and vulnerability have made a significant impact on those who look up to him.
Mark is a talented and versatile actor who has made significant contributions to the entertainment industry. His iconic roles in popular TV shows have left a lasting impression on audiences, and his dedication to social causes has inspired many to take action and make a positive impact in their communities. Mark’s advocacy work for animal rights, environmental conservation, and mental health awareness shows his commitment to making the world a better place.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mark Pellegrino
Mark is a famous actor who gained extensive recognition for his roles in the films Dexter (2006–2007) and Lost (2009–2010).
Mark is an American national born on 9th April 1965, in Los Angeles, California.
Mark stands at a height of 6 feet 1 inches (1.85 meters).
Yes, Mark is married to Tracy Aziz. They got married in 2008 and together they have two children.
Mark has an approximate net worth of $3 million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Details about Mark’s salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much he makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Because of security reasons, Mark has not shared his precise location of residence. We will update this information if we get the location and images of his house.
Mark is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Mark is still an active participant in the creative entertainment industry, he is a cast member of Class of ’09.
Mark Pellegrino Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Joshua Gomez
- Lina Esco
- Dustin Clare
- Lauren Cohan
- Jonathan Togo
- Carlos Knight
- Dylan Everett
- Aldis Hodge
Featured Famous Actors.
- Alex Aniston
- Alex Roe
- Alexander Dobrev
- Andrew Wilson
- Anthony Zerbe
- Ben Feldman
- Brendan Coyle
- Bruce Dern
- Cameron Britton
- Chris Potter
- Christian Kane
- Christian Keyes
- Chuck Connors
- Colin Morgan
- Corinne Foxx
- Cory Hardrict
- Daniel Davis
- David James Elliott
- Erik Stocklin
- Fred Dryer
- Gary Burghoff
- Gaten Matarazzo
- Gerald Mcraney
- Glen Powell
- Graham Wardle
- James Caan
- James Ransone
- Jeremy Allen White
- Jeremy Maguire
- John Hawkes
- Jon Seda
- Jordan Bridges
- Josh Lucas
- Judd Nelson
- Kevin Mcgarry
- Kim Darby
- Laroyce Hawkins
- Lucas Black
- Luke Wilson
- Lyle Lovett
- Manny Montana
- Mark Harmon
- Mary Stuart Masterson
- Matt Czuchry
- Max Baer Jr
- Michael Beach
- Michael Wayans
- Milo Manheim
- Mollie Hemingway
- Nolan Gould
- Orlando Jones
- Peter Bergman
- Peter Graves
- Peyton Alex Smith
- Richard Chamberlain
- Russell Johnson
- Scott Caan
- Spencer Treat Clark
- Steelo Brim
- Steven Anthony Lawrence
- Taylor Kinney
- Telly Savalas
- Tim Roth
- Titus Welliver
- Tobias Menzies
- Tom York
- Valente Rodriguez
- Wes Ramsey
- William Fichtner
- Woody Mcclain