Megan Rapinoe Biography and Wiki
Megan Rapinoe is an accomplished American Professional Soccer Player who was born and brought-up in Redding, Shasta County, California. Her position is a winger. She captains OL Reign in the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) as well as the United States national team.
Rapinoe is the winner of the Ballon d’Or Féminin, a gold when she was working with the national team at the 2012 London Summer Olympics, 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup, and 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup. She was profiled as The Best FIFA Women’s Player in 2019.
Megan finished in second place when she was playing for the team at the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup where the United States. She has played for numerous teams such as the Magic Jack in Women’s Professional Soccer (WPS, Chicago Red Stars, Olympique Lyon in France’s Division 1 Féminine and Philadelphia Independence.
Megan Rapinoe Age
Rapinoe is 35 years old as of 2020, she was born on 5 July 1985, in Redding, Shasta County, California, United States of America. She celebrates her birthday on 5th July every year and her birth sign is Cancer.
Megan Rapinoe Height and Weight
Megan stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 meters) and Weighs 132 lbs (60 kg). She also appears to be quite tall in stature in her photos. Her body measurements are 34-24-35 inches and she has hazel eyes and blonde hair that she often dyes it her hair pink, silver or purple.
Megan Rapinoe Education
Rapinoe went to Foothill High School in Redding, Shasta County, California, where she competed in track as a freshman and sophomore, basketball as a freshman, sophomore, and senior. She was on the honor roll every semester of high school.
Megan was named Parade and National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) All-American as a junior and senior. She was also named to McDonald’s All American Game in 2004. After high school, she and her twin sister, Rachael both attended the University of Portland in Portland, Oregon on full scholarships. She ranks tenth in the school’s history with an 88-point career including 30 goals and 28 assists.
Megan Rapinoe Family, Parents and Siblings
Megan was born to Jim Rapinoe and Denise Kimball. Her father worked as an Armyman. She spent her childhood with her two siblings, a sister named Rachael and an older brother named Brian. She also has two half-siblings from her father’s previous marriage namely Michael and Jenny.
Megan Rapinoe Twin
Rapinoe has a fraternal twin sister know as Rachael Rapinoe. Rachael is a popular American Former Soccer Player who played as a Midfielder and Forward. The twins attended the University of Portland in Portland, Oregon and they were about to be committed to Santa Clara University before they chose to play for the Portland Pilots on full scholarships.
Megan Rapinoe Girlfriend
Megan eventually came out publicly in July 2012 as lesbian and defined her sexuality as gay. It was during a time that she was in a relationship with Sarah Walsh, an Australian Soccer Player. Their relationship lasted for 5 years and in 2013, they ended their relationship.
Later in 2014, she got into a relationship with Sera Cahoone, a Sub Pop Recording Artist. The couple got engaged in August 2015. However, their relationship lasted for two years and it ended in 2016. Within the same year, she began dating Suzanne “Sue” Brigit Bird, a Seattle Storm Player.
Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird
Rapinoe and Sue Bird began having an affair in 2016. Sue is a Seattle Storm Player. They became the first same-sex couple on the cover of ESPN’s Body Issue. Sue discussed how meeting Megan in late 2016 helped her not only come out as gay but also embrace a healthy relationship. They are both advocates for numerous LGBT organizations, including the Lesbian, Gay and Straight
Megan Rapinoe Wife
Megan has dated several girlfriends, though she has never been married to any of them. However, she is currently in a relationship with Sue Bird with whom, they are expected to get married soon since they are living a happy life together.
Megan Rapinoe Net Worth
Rapinoe has an estimated net worth of $3.5 million dollars as of 2020. This includes her assets, money and income. Her primary source of income is her career as a Professional Soccer Player. Through her various sources of income, she has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Megan Rapinoe Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about her;
Megan Rapinoe Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Megan Anna Rapinoe
- Popular As: Megan Rapinoe
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Professional Soccer Player
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Gay
Megan Rapinoe Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 35 years (2020)
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Date of Birth: 5 July 1985
- Place of Birth: Redding, Shasta County, California, United States of America
- Birthday: 5th July
Megan Rapinoe Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: 34-24-35 inches
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 meters)
- Weight: 132 lbs (60 kg)
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Hair Color: Blonde (Dyed pink, silver or purple)
- Shoe Size: 8.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
- Breast Size: 34 inches
- Waist Size: 24 inches
- Hip Size: 35 inches
Megan Rapinoe Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Jim Rapinoe
- Mother: Denise Kimball
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Rachael, Brian, Michael and Jenny
- Marital Status: Dating
- Dating / Girlfriend: Engaged to Sue Bird
- Children: None
Megan Rapinoe Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $3.5 million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Professional Soccer Player
Megan Rapinoe House and Cars
- Place of living: Seattle, Washington, United States
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Megan Rapinoe Sports Illustrated
Megan was named the finalist for Sports Illustrated’s Most Inspiring Performers of 2012 after she was among the ten female soccer players shortlisted for the FIFA Women’s World Player of the Year award. She earned the Harry Glickman Professional Female Athlete of the Year award at the 60th annual Oregon Sports Awards held in 2012.
Rapinoe received the Sports Illustrated title during its edition on 6 August 2012 as well as the July 2012 edition of Out. She was the first woman who openly identified herself as gay during the annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and was featured on multiple covers of Sports Illustrated.
Megan Rapinoe Injury
The U.S. Ladies’ National Team will hope to shield their World Cup title against the Netherlands this end of the week, and in front of the last match, headliners said they feel sure and prepared to contend.
“I don’t think we think going in that anyone is coming into that game frightened to play us,” Rose Lavelle, the group’s privilege midfielder, revealed to ABC News. “We realize that everyone realizes that they can rival us and we can rival them.” Both the U.S. also, the Netherlands had headliners who didn’t begin during their separate elimination round games.
For the U.S., co-skipper Megan Rapinoe said she is sure she will play in the last, regardless of sitting out of the 2-1 nail biter against England on Tuesday with hamstring damage. “That is to say, it would take a great deal for me to not be on the field,” Rapinoe said.
“I’m feeling better each day, so I hope to be prepared for it.” Rapinoe is additionally commending her 34th birthday celebration on Friday with the group. Lavelle, 24, likewise hurt her hamstring, yet said unquestionably, “I feel better” going into Sunday’s huge match.
The U.S. ladies have invested a great deal of energy in and off the field together and said their science is more grounded than at any other time, they included. “We’ve been out and about now for like 42 days,” Kelley O’Hara said.
“This resembles our tenth or eleventh inn regardless we need to sit outside and hang out around evening time.” The world will watch when the two groups, both helmed by female mentors, kick-off at Lyon Olympic Stadium on Sunday as the U.S. goes for one more title.
Megan Rapinoe Jersey
Megan Rapinoe Quotes
- We’re gracious and we’re humble, and we play the game a certain way, whether we win or lose.
- To say I am not mentally tired in ways and exhausted in ways would be a lie.
- Being a woman, we talk about equal pay all the time. We’re not talking about if you’re black or if you are Latina. I would like to get back to that and improving the relationship between the police community and the community of color. I don’t know exactly all the right things to say, but I want to engage in that conversation.
- The more I’ve been able to learn about gay rights and equal pay and gender equity and racial inequality, the more that it all intersects. You can’t really pick it apart. It’s all intertwined.
- Honestly, I feel like we are a walking protest. The fact that we’re women professional athletes says that in and of itself. We’ve been feeling the inequality; we’ve been struggling with pay equality or whatever it is, or sexism in sports.
- I’m a pretty open book, so not being out publicly felt inauthentic. Hopefully, we can get to a point where your personal life isn’t anybody else’s business, but until then, it’s less about people having to know about your sexuality than standing up for what’s right and fighting for equality.
- I feel like it’s actually everybody’s responsibility to use whatever platform they have to do good in the world, basically, and to try to make our society better, whether you’re an accountant or an activist or an athlete or whatever it is. I think it’s everybody’s responsibility.
- I think it’s absolutely absurd that we’re playing on turf, and it’s really a slap in the face to women’s football by FIFA and just a show of disrespect.
- Even before I came out, looking at me, I’ve probably looked a little gay. I had short hair, and, you know, it wasn’t a huge surprise to people. But some athletes have this image to uphold and may feel like sponsors won’t want them if they’re gay.
- For us, the conversation is always about getting paid what we feel like we’re worth and getting paid as the sport grows and as we help grow the sport.
- Maybe you are homophobic a little bit, but then you see me, and you’ve always loved me, and you love the way I play, and your kids love me. And then you’re like, ‘Oh, that’s OK. It’s fine.’ Once it gets a little bit more personal, it helps break down those barriers.
Megan Rapinoe Awards
- 2012 – Harry Glickman Professional Female Athlete of the Year.
- 2012 – Board of Directors Award by the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center for bringing awareness to LGBT people in sports.
- 2013 – Player of the Tournament at the 2013 Algarve Cup.
- 2014 – Inducted into the Shasta County Sports Hall of Fame in December 2014.
- 2015 – Inducted into the National Gay and Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame.
Frequently Asked Questions about Megan Rapinoe
Who is Megan Rapinoe?
Megan Rapinoe is an accomplished American Professional Soccer Player. Her position is a winger. She captains OL Reign in the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) as well as the United States national team. Rapinoe is the winner of the Ballon d’Or Féminin, a gold when she was working with the national team at the 2012 London Summer Olympics, 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup, and 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
How old is Megan Rapinoe?
Rapinoe is 35 years old as of 2020, she was born on 5 July 1985, in Redding, Shasta County, California, United States of America. Her birth sign is Cancer.
How tall is Megan Rapinoe?
Megan stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches (1.68 meters) and Weighs 132 lbs (60 kg).
Is Megan Rapinoe married?
No, she is currently in a relationship with Sue Bird began having an affair in 2016. Sue is a Seattle Storm Player. They became the first same-sex couple on the cover of ESPN’s Body Issue.
How much is Megan Rapinoe worth?
Rapinoe has an estimated net worth of $3.5 million dollars as of 2020. This includes her assets, money and income. Her primary source of income is her career as a Professional Soccer Player.
Where does Megan live?
She is a resident of Seattle, Washington, USA, we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Is Rapinoe dead or alive?
She is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Megan Rapinoe Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Healthy Celeb
- Body Measurements Org
- Project Hatch
- Instagram and
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.