Michinda Secondary School – Description
Michinda Secondary School is a government mixed day & boarding school located in Elburgon Sub location, Elburgon Location, Elburgon Division, Molo Constituency in Nakuru County. For further information please see the schools contacts below.
Michinda Secondary School was started in the year 1968. It had a population of 4 girls and 22 boys and a start of 3 teachers.
The school was founded under the efforts of Elburgon community who saw the need for secondary education for their children.
The school had a rich catchment area stretching from Elburgon, Olenguruone, Molo, Njoro, Nakuru and beyond; the school grew to become one of the performing schools in the then Nakuru District now Nakuru County competing with other schools such as Njoro Boys, Nakuru High School, Koelel, among others.
It presented its first’ O’ level candidates in the year 1971 and KCSE in 1989. Currently, the school is in Nakuru County, Molo District. Previously it operated as a mixed day boarding school with a provincial wing for girls while boys were district day.
Since its inception, the school had been headed by 9 headteachers. The current headteacher Mr. Silas Wandera joined the school in 2015 after transfer from Lenana School.
In 2010, the school changed from mixed day secondary to purely boys boarding secondary school due to few numbers of boys school in the district under the approval of D.E.B. It admitted boys only in 2012.
Motto: Committed to excellence
Vision: To be a quality school with a conducive environment for learning and produce qualified students for higher learning institutions
Mission: To provide quality education and produce quality students with relevant skills to fit well in a dynamic society.
Michinda Secondary School – Location and Contacts
School Name: Michinda Secondary School
Physical Location: Elburgon Town,Off Elburgon-Molo Road
Address: P.O. Box 50, Elburgon 20102
City/Town : Elburgon
School Category: Public
School Code :
Phone Number: 020-2439271/2, 0722-454131
Email: Not available
Website: Not available to be updated soon
Michinda Secondary School – Highlights
Girls and Boys Scouts:
Michinda Secondary School – Facilities
The school principal has noted improved discipline, grooming and order among the students. However, more talks and guidance is needed to enable the boys to manage their time well. The boys also have respect for the staff and also the non-teaching staff.
- To enhance access, retention, completion and transition rates to university and other middle-level colleges.
- To accelerate the attainment of education in accordance with national goals and international goals.
- To be committed towards achievement of quality education at every form
- To create and maintain conducive teaching and learning environment to all learners and other personnel
- To enhance services delivery at the departmental level
- To establish an efficient school framework for effective delivery of curriculum and co-curriculum
- To enhance enrollment in form one
- To sustain P.T.A funding and other donor funds.
- To be vigilant in maintaining and sustaining value-added progress at all departmental levels and individual performance
- To minimize resource wastage and maximize on production.
School Co-Curricular activities
The boys are doing well in co-curricular activities. The drama team will be representing the school and the region at National Drama Festivals. The basketball and hockey teams successfully represented the school and the sub-county at the county level. They are also doing well in the clubs and societies and the other sports.
The school is making efforts t improve the school’s infrastructure for the good of the students. some of the things they have done include:
- Fixing of clothes hanging lines.
- Repair/painting of classroom chairs and labeling.
- Replacement of broken window panes.
- Replacement of wooden doors with metallic ones.
- Repair of 2 south classroom floor and 1 south.
- Painting of classrooms and other areas in the school.
- Purchase of plastic chairs, (100 pieces), grinder & welding machine.
- Fixing of bathroom showers and replacement of broken toilets in the dormitory.
- Computerizing of school accounts. Internet is yet to be installed.
- Construction of dining hall (phase I). Still ongoing
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.