Miguna Miguna Biography
Table of Contents
- 1 Miguna Miguna Biography
- 2 Miguna Miguna Age and Birthday
- 3 Miguna Height and Weight
- 4 Miguna Miguna Education
- 5 Miguna Family
- 6 Miguna Wife
- 7 Miguna Net Worth
- 8 Miguna Measurements and Facts
- 9 Miguna House and Cars
- 10 Miguna Dead
- 11 Miguna Deported
- 12 Miguna Politics
- 13 Miguna Return To Kenya
- 14 Miguna Books
- 15 Miguna Social Media Contacts
- 16 Related Biographies.
- 17 Popular Posts
Miguna Miguna is a dual Kenyan Canadian citizen, columnist, attorney, and author. He is a famous barrister and solicitor in Canada and an advocate of the High court best known for swearing-in former prime minister Raila Odinga as the people’s president in 2017.
He served as a senior adviser to former Prime Minister Raila Odinga from 2009 to 2011. He is also a prolific writer known for authoring books like Peeling Back the Mask: A Quest for Justice in Kenya, Kidneys for the King: Deforming the Status Quo in Kenya, Toes Have Tales, and many more.
Miguna Miguna Age and Birthday
He is 59 years old as of 2021, he was born on 31st December 1962 in Magina, Kisumu County in Kenya. He celebrates his birthday on 31st December every year and her birth sign is Capricorn.
Miguna Height and Weight
He stands at an average height. He appears to be quite tall in stature if his photos, relative to his surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding his actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We will update this section when the information is available.
Miguna Miguna Education
He attended Apondo Primary School in Magina Village-Nyando before joining Njiri School in Murang’ a for his High School level. After completing his High school education, He proceeded to the University of Nairobi, where he became a student leader in 1986 and 1987.
He was born in Magina village, Kisumu county. His father died before he was born leaving him to be raised by a poor, single mother who instilled in him the value of hard work. He is named after his late father. His father died in 1962 when Margaret, his mother was only three months pregnant with him. His mother later died in 1987. He has five sisters and one brother and is the last born.
He is currently married to Jane. They got married in 2000 and are blessed with three kids, twins, and one daughter. However, the Kenyan lawyer was first married to his first wife Tracey Wynter from 1995 to 1998. They are blessed with two kids.
Miguna Net Worth
He has an estimated net between $100,000 and $500,000 dollars. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as a lawyer. Through his various sources of income, the Kenyan lawyer has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Miguna Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Miguna
Miguna Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Dr. Miguna Miguna né Joshua
- Popular As: Miguna
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Lawyer
- Nationality: Kenyan, Canadian
- Race / Ethnicity: African
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
- Age / How Old?: 59 years old as of 2021
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Date of Birth: 31st December 1962
- Place of Birth: Magina, Kisumu County in Kenya
- Birthday: 31 Dec
Miguna Body Measurements
- Height / How Tall?: Not Known
- Weight: Not Known
- Eye Color: Not Available
- Hair Color: Black
Miguna Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Not Known
- Mother: Not Known
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): 6
- Marital Status: Married or Single
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Jane
- Children: 4
- Highest Qualification: Not Available
- Education Institution: University of Nairobi.
Miguna Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $100,000 and $500,000 dollars
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Lawyer
Miguna House and Cars
- Place of living: Canada
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
There have been speculations on the internet talking about is Death, I hereby inform you proudly that none of these rumors are true, He is still alive and in good health. We have not come across anything serious about his health.
On 30 January 2018, in a mock swearing-in ceremony, he administered an oath of office to Raila Odinga, where Odinga proclaimed himself “the people’s president”. The government reacted by shutting down all television and radio broadcasts and arresting him and another lawyer (T J Kajwang’) who had witnessed the ceremony (but did not arrest Odinga, since that would further inflame his supporters).
On 28 March, just hours before he was ejected from the country, High Court judge George Odunga declared the interior minister, the national police chief, and the head of immigration to be in contempt of court for their actions in defying a court order to release him and fined them US$2000 each.
When he returned to the country, he contested in the primaries of the (ODM)’s nomination for Nyando Constituency but lost to Frederick Outa Otieno. He also took part in the 2007 general election and was later appointed as Prime Minister Raila Odinga’s senior adviser on coalition affairs in March 2009 where he served hand in hand with Kivutha Kibwana as the Joint-secretary to the Permanent Committee on the Management of the Grand Coalition Affairs. In August 2011, he was accused of gross misconduct and was thereby suspended without pay.
When the suspension was lifted on 29 December 2011, he rejected his reinstatement. Some members from the Party of National Unity accused him in 2010 of being a foreigner for holding a Canadian passport, as Kenyan law didn’t recognize dual citizenship at the time he acquired Canadian citizenship, although the Kenyan constitution was changed in 2010 to allow for it. Regards to the accusation, he responded by saying that he was a Kenyan citizen by birth and that he had never renounced his citizenship.
Miguna Return To Kenya
Kenyan Justice John Mativo summoned the Kenyan Attorney General Mr. Paul Kihara Kariuki to appear in court on 13 January 2020, to explain why orders allowing lawyer His return to Kenya had not been obeyed. The Attorney General did not appear in court and instead sent a team of lawyers to appear in court on his behalf, prompting protest from his lawyers, who said that the state was treating the matter casually.
On 6 January 2020, Kenyan high court Judge Justice Weldon Korir ordered the government to facilitate the entry of Dr. Miguna back to the country, and that the registrar should release his Kenyan passport which is currently under custody.
An order be and is hereby issued, that pending and following the inter-parties hearing of the Application, compelling the Respondents to facilitate entry of the Petitioner into Kenya on January 7, 2020, or any other date appointed by the Petitioner on the basis of his identification through the use of his National Identity Card, or his Kenya Passport in the form and state it was delivered by the Respondents to the High Court Registry pursuant to this Court’s Order
— Justice Weldon Korir.
- Disgraceful Osgoode and Other Essays. Toronto: Av Publications. 1994. ISBN 0969822812.
- Songs of Fire. Toronto: Av Publications. 1994. OCLC 31781822.
- Afrika’s Volcanic Song. Toronto: Av Publications. 1995. ISBN 0969822820.
- Toes Have Tales. Toronto: Av Publications. 1995. ISBN 0969822839.
- Peeling Back the Mask: A Quest for Justice in Kenya. London: Gilgamesh Africa. 2012. ISBN 9781908531216.
- Kidneys for the King: Deforming the Status Quo in Kenya. Ontario: Integrity Books. 2013. ISBN 9780991796205.
Miguna Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Yvonne Okara
- John Mbadi
- Rosemary Odinga
- Irungu Kang’ata
- Moses Wetangula
- Kiraitu Murungi
- Sam Ongeri
- Oburu Odinga
- LaMelo Ball Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Shoes, Tattoo, Salary, Net Worth
- Molly Quinn (Actress) Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Husband, Castle, Net Worth
- Lil Durk Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Family, Brother, India Royale, Girlfriend, Rumors and Net Worth
- Evan Joseph Asher Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Parents, Autism and Net Worth
- Tiffany Rockelle Bio, Wiki, Age, Husband, Son, Piper Rockelle and Net Worth
- Jenna Fischer Bio, Wiki, Age, Parents, Sister, Husband, Kids, Movies, Tv-Shows, and Net Worth.