The Ministry of Mining in Kenya was formed by the government to look into mining activities in the country. The Ministry undertakes various functions aimed at enhancing growth of the mining sector in the country as guided by the executive order No. 2 of 2013
The Ministry of Mining in Kenya undertakes various functions aimed at enhancing growth of the mining sector in the country as guided by the executive order No. 2 of 2013.
The Ministry came about after the realization that the sector has the potential to significantly contribute to national and local growth. Over the last decade the amount of minerals extracted and exploited has been increasing.
Previously, mining activities in the country were handled by the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources through the Mines and Geology Department.
Mandate of the Ministry of Mining in Kenya
- Mineral Exploration and Mining Policy and Management
- Inventory and Mapping of Mineral Resources
- Mining and Minerals Development
- Policies on the Management of Quarrying and Mining of Rocks and Industrial Minerals e.g Limestone, Building Stone, Clay, Gemstones, Cement, Sand, Coal e.t.c
- Management of Health Conditions and Health and Safety in Mines
- Policy around Extractive Industry
- Resources Survey and Remote Sensing
- Maintenance of Geological Data (Research, Collection, Collation, Analysis)
Directorate of the Ministry of Mining in Kenya
- Directorate of Mineral Management And Regulations
- Directorate of Geological Surveys
- Directorate of Mineral Promotion And Value Addition
- Directorate of Mine Health, Safety And Environment
- Directorate of Resource Surveys And Remote Sensing
- Directorate of Corporate Affairs
- Geo-data Centre And Minerals Certification Laboratory
- Mineral Audit Agency
- Policy, Atrategy, Research, Legal, And Capacity Building
The Ministry of Mining in Kenya
Cabinet Secretary: HON. Dan Kazungu
Principal Secretary: DR. Ibrahim. M. Mohamed, CBS
The Ministry of Mining Contacts
The Ministry of Mining
Postal Address: P.O. Box 30009, 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Physical Address: Ministry of Works Building, Ngong Road
City: Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 (020) 2723101, +254 (020) 2714398
Ministry of Mining in Kenya Video
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.