Folarin Falana, populary known as Falz is a Nigerian rapper, actor, and songwriter. He was born on October 27, 1990 in Lagos State, South-Westen Nigeria to renowned lawyers Femi and Funmi Falana.
He completed his basic and secondary school education at St. Leo’s Catholic Primary School, Ikeja and Olashore International School, Osun State respectively. He is an alumnus of the University of Reading after graduating with an LLB honors degree in Law. He was called to the bar in 2012 after graduating from the Nigeria Law School, Abuja.
Falz Music Career
Falz started music as a hobby while in secondary school. He formed a music group with a friend called “The School Boys”. In 2009, while in high school, he released a compilation of some of his recordings as a mixtape titled Shakara: The Mixtape.
In 2011, Falz released a single titled “Waz Up Guy” before he went on to release “High Class” and “Currency” which gained him grounds in the Nigerian music industry.
On January 2, 2014, Falz was listed in tooXclusive’s “Artistes To Watch in 2014”. On 30 May 2014, Falz released his debut studio album titled Wazup Guy which was received to critical acclaim among music critics.
In 2015, Falz was nominated in the “Best Collaboration of The Year” category at the 2015 Nigeria Entertainment Awards for his chart-topping single titled “Marry Me”.
On 31 January 2015, he released a single titled “Ello Bae” which won him a nomination in the “Best Street Hop Artiste of The Year” category at The Headies 2015.
On 3 November 2015, he announced the release of his second studio album titled Stories That Touch which was later released on 17 November 2015.
In 2016, Falz won “Best Actor in a Comedy Movie/Series” at the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for his role as Segun in Funke Akindele’s TV series Jenifa’s Diary. In June of 2016, Falz was voted the winner of the “Viewer’s Choice Best New International Act” category at the 2016 BET Awards.
On October 27, 2016, Falz collaborated with Simi to release Chemistry, a 7-track EP solely produced by Sess. The EP was released after he had previously worked with Simi on two singles titled “Jamb Question” and “Soldier”.
Falz shot into limelight after his song titled “Marry Me” (featuring vocals from Poe and Yemi Alade) won him a nomination in the “Best Collaboration of The Year” category at the 2015 Nigeria Entertainment Awards. He was also nominated in the “Best Rap Act of The Year” and “Best New Act to Watch” categories at the same event. He currently owns an independent record label called Bahd Guys Records.
Who is Falz Father
Falz is the son of Femi Falana, a Nigerian human activist and lawyer.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Waz Up Guy
- Cool Parry
- 123 (featuring Oyinkansola)
- Welcome To The Jungle
- High Class
- Toyin Tomato
- Marry Me (featuring Poe & Yemi Alade)
- Pound Cake (Freestyle) (featuring Chyn)
- Walk In The Sky (featuring Chyn)
- Ello Bae
- Love & Liquor (featuring Chyn)
- Karashika (featuring Phyno & Chigurl)
- Karashika (Part II) (featuring M.I & ShowDemKamp)
- Celebrity Girlfriend (featuring Reekado Banks)
- Soldier (featuring Simi)
- Clap (featuring Reminisce)
- Bahd Baddo Baddest (featuring Olamide & Davido)
- Baby Boy
Falz Music Video