Norman Geisler Biography
Norman Geisler is an American Christian systematic theologian and philosopher. He is also the co-founder of two non-denominational evangelical seminaries.
Norman Geisler Age
He was born Norman Leo Geisler on July 21, 1932, in Warren, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit. He is 86 years old as of 2018.
Norman Geisler Family
No information on his parents or siblings is disclosed to the public.
Norman Geisler Wife
Geisler is married to Barbara Jean.
Norman Geisler Children
Norman and his wife have six children, fifteen grandchildren, and three great-grandchildren.
Norman Geisler Educational Background
The education of Geisler involves a Th. B. (1964) William Tyndale College, B.A. Philosophy (1958) and M.A. In Theology (1960) from Wheaton College and Ph.D. in Philosophy from the University of Loyola. He had an extra graduate job at Wayne State University, Detroit University, and Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois.
Norman Geisler Apologetics
- There are self-evident truths (e.g., “I exist,” “Logic applies to reality”).
- Truth corresponds to reality.
- Truth is knowable (all other views are self-defeating).
- One can proceed from self-evident truths to the existence of God.
- The argument from Creation (proceeds from “I exist”)
- The argument from morals (proceeds from “Values are undeniable”)
- The argument from design (proceeds from “Design implies a designer”)
- God is a necessary Being (argument from being).
- My existence is not necessary (evident from the definition of a necessary Being).
- Therefore, theism is true (there is a necessary Being beyond the world who has created the contingent things in the world and intervenes in the world [chap. 3]).
- The objection from the problem of evil can be solved.
- The objection to miracles can be solved.
- The Bible is a historically reliable document.
- History is an objective study of the past.
- There is great historical, archaeological, and scientific evidence to confirm the reliability of the Bible. (Corollary: The Bible gives a reliable record of the teaching of Jesus Christ.)
- Jesus claimed to be both fully human and fully God.
- He gave evidence to support this claim.
- The fulfillment of prophecy
- His miraculous and sinless life
- His resurrection
- Therefore, Jesus is both fully human and fully God.
- Whatever God teaches is true.
- Jesus (God) taught that the Old Testament was the inspired Word of God and He promised the New Testament.
- Therefore, both the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God.
- Truth about reality is knowable.
- Opposites cannot both be true.
- The theistic God exists.
- Miracles are possible.
- Miracles performed in connection with a truth claim are acts of God to confirm the truth of God through a messenger of God.
- The New Testament documents are reliable.
- As witnessed in the New Testament, Jesus claimed to be God.
- Jesus’ claim to divinity was proven by a unique convergence of miracles.
- Therefore, Jesus was God in human flesh.
- Whatever Jesus affirmed as true, is true.
- Jesus affirmed that the Bible is the Word of God.
- Therefore, it is true that the Bible is the Word of God and whatever is opposed to any biblical truth is false.
Norman Geisler Sermon
12 Points that proves Christianity is True Overview
Norman Geisler Website
Visit Geisler’s official site at normangeisler.com for the latest news on sermons, conferences, podcasts and books.
Norman Geisler Theology | Calvinism
Total depravity extends to the whole person but does not destroy the image of God in fallen human beings;
Election is unconditional from the standpoint of God’s giving it and only one condition for humans receiving it—faith;
The atonement is unlimited in its scope—Christ died for all mankind—but limited in its application to only the elect;
Grace is irresistible on the willing but does not force the unwilling;
All those who are regenerate will, by God’s grace, persevere to the end and be saved.
About InformationCradle Editorial Staff
This Article is produced by InformationCradle Editorial Staff which is a team of expert writers and editors led by Josphat Gachie and trusted by millions of readers worldwide.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date. For complain, correction or an update, please send us an email to email@example.com. We promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.
Featured Famous People Starting with Letter N
- Nacer Chadli
- Nafessa Williams
- Nam Da Reum
- Nancy Barrett
- Nancy Chen
- Nan Harris
- Naomi Wu
- Nao Singer
- Nas Blixky
- Nasty C
- Natacha Van Honacker
- Nata Lee
- Natalia Dyer
- Natalie Fultz
- Natalie Harp
- Natalie Herbick
- Natalie Jacobson
- Natalie Jongjaroenlarp
- Natalie Pasquarella
- Natalie Pinkham
- Nat Faxon
- Nathalie Pozo
- Nathan Eovaldi
- Nathaniel Prescott
- Nathan Janak
- Naveen Dhaliwal
- Navid Ali
- Neal Barnard
- Neen Williams
- Negin Mirsalehi
- Neil Diamond
- Neil Morrissey
- Nephew Tommy
- Nia Ali
- Nia Kay
- Nicea Degering
- Nicholas Gleaves
- Nicholas James
- Nichole Berlie
- Nichole Gustafson
- Nick Bollettieri
- Nick Fradiani
- Nick Koumalatsos
- Nick Merianos
- Nick Sandell
- Nicky Schillace
- Nicole Baker
- Nicole Gabe
- Nicole Glor
- Nicole Power
- Nicole Taffer
- Nikki Battiste
- Nikki Butler
- Nikki Dee Ray
- Nikki Howard
- Nikki Lane
- Nikki Rudd
- Nikki Taylor
- Nikki Uberti
- Nina West
- Nir Eyal
- N K Jemisin
- Noah Kahan
- Noah Sebastian
- Noel Fisher
- Noel King
- Nolan Gould
- Norm Abram