Pamela Reed Biography
Pamela Reed is an American actress who was born and brought up in Tacoma, Washington, United States of America. She is widely known for her roles in Kindergarten Cop as Det. Phoebe O’Hara, Criminal Minds as Mary Bidwell, The Long Riders as Belle Starr, Proof of Life as Janis Goodman, and in The Simpsons as Ruth Powers (voice).
Reed has had a prolific career spanning several decades. She made her film debut in 1979 with a small role in the movie “Starting Over.” She went on to appear in notable films such as “The Long Riders” (1980), “The Right Stuff” (1983), “Kindergarten Cop” (1990), and “Proof of Life” (2000), among others.
In addition to her film work, Pamela Reed has made numerous appearances on television. She has appeared in popular shows like “The Andros Targets,” “The Practice,” “Jericho,” “Parks and Recreation,” and “NCIS,” to name a few. Reed is also known for her recurring role as Ruth Powers on the animated series “The Simpsons.”
Throughout her career, Pamela Reed has received critical acclaim for her performances. She has been nominated for a Tony Award for her work in the Broadway production of “The Great White Hope” and has won several awards for her stage performances.
10 Facts About Pamela Reed
- Name: Pamela Reed
- Age: 74 Years (As of 2023)
- Birthday: 2 April
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Height: 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m)
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actress
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: $1 Million – $5 Million
Pamela Reed Age
Reed is 74 years old as of 2023, she was born on 2 April 1949, in Tacoma, Washington, United States. She celebrates her birthday on 2 April every year and her birth sign is Aries.
Pamela Reed Height
Reed stands at a height of 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m). Her body measurements are 34-25-35 inches.
Pamela Reed Weight
Reed Weighs 56 kg (123.5 lbs). She has blue eyes and red hair.
Early Life and Education
Pamela Reed was born on April 2, 1949, in Tacoma, Washington, USA. She attended the University of Washington, where she graduated with a B.F.A. Not much information is publicly available about her early life and education. However, it is known that she developed an interest in acting from a young age.
Reed’s passion for the performing arts led her to pursue a career in acting. She honed her skills by studying theater and performing in various stage productions. Although specific details about her education and training are not widely documented, she likely received formal acting training to refine her craft.
Rise to Fame
Pamela Reed’s rise to fame can be attributed to her talent, versatility, and memorable performances across various mediums. Here are some highlights of her career that contributed to her recognition and success:
Film Roles: In the late 1970s and early 1980s, Reed began gaining attention for her roles in films such as “The Long Riders” (1980), in which she portrayed Belle Starr, and “The Right Stuff” (1983), where she played Trudy Cooper. These performances showcased her acting skills and helped establish her as a talented and versatile actress.
Television Appearances: Reed’s television work also played a significant role in her rise to fame. She appeared in a variety of popular shows, including “The Andros Targets,” “The Practice,” and “Jericho,” among others. One of her notable recurring roles was as Ruth Powers, a neighbor and love interest of Homer Simpson, in the animated series “The Simpsons.”
Broadway Success: Pamela Reed has had success in the theater world as well. In 1974, she received a Tony Award nomination for her performance in the Broadway production of “The Great White Hope.” Her work on stage further solidified her reputation as a talented actress.
Range of Roles: One aspect that has contributed to Reed’s rise to fame is her ability to tackle a diverse range of roles. She has demonstrated versatility by seamlessly transitioning between comedic and dramatic performances, showcasing her depth and skill as an actress.
Recognition and Critical Acclaim: Throughout her career, Pamela Reed has received recognition and critical acclaim for her work. She has been nominated for and won several awards, including an Obie Award and a Drama Desk Award, further cementing her reputation as a talented and respected performer.
Pamela Reed Family, Parents
Reed was born to her parents Vernie Reed and Norma Reed in Washington. Our efforts to find out more about her family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, it is not known if she has any siblings. We will update this section once this information is available.
Pamela Reed Husband
Reed is currently married to her husband Sandy Smolan, a feature film, television, and documentary film director. The couple tied the knot in 1988. Since 2004, she has resided in Hancock Park, Los Angeles, California with her husband and their two children, Reed and Lily.
Pamela Reed Children
Reed and her husband Sandy Smolan have two children, a son named Reed Smolan and a sister named Lily Smolan. On September 6, 2020, Reed’s son and girlfriend welcomed their daughter, Zooey Rose Smolan. It is Reed’s first and only grandchild.
Pamela Reed Net Worth
Reed’s net worth is estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million dollars. This includes her assets, money, and income. Her primary source of income is her career as an actress. Through her various sources of income, Pamela has been able to accumulate good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Pamela Reed Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Pamela.
Pamela Reed Wiki
- Full Names: Pamela Reed
- Popular As: Pamela
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Actress
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Pamela Reed Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 74 years (2023)
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Date of Birth: April 2, 1949
- Place of Birth: Tacoma, Washington, USA
- Birthday: April 2
Pamela Reed Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: 34-25-35 inches
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m)
- Weight: 56 kg (123.5 lbs)
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Red
- Shoe Size: 7 (US)
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Breast Size: 34 inches
- Waist Size: 25 inches
- Hip Size: 35 inches
Pamela Reed Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Vernie Reed
- Mother: Norma Reed
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Sandy Smolan
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Reed Smolan) Daughter(s) (Lily Smolan)
Pamela Reed Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1 Million – $5 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Actress
Pamela Reed House and Cars
- Place of living: Hancock Park, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Pamela Reed Career
For the off-Broadway play Getting Out, Reed won a Drama Desk Award, as well as an Obie Award for “continuing excellence in theater performance.” She was a regular on the CBS drama The Andros Targets, which aired in 1977.
In the 1980s, she did some minor film and television work. For the HBO series Tanner ’88, she won a CableAce Award for Best Actress (1988). She also appeared in the film The Clan of the Cave Bear alongside Daryl Hannah (1985).
The Long Riders (1980), The Right Stuff (1983), The Best of Times (1986), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Junior (1994), Bean (1997), and Proof of Life are just a few of her notable film roles (2001).
Reed starred as Janice Pasetti in the NBC sitcom Grand and then as a judge and single mother in the NBC sitcom The Home Court, which aired for only one season. She has guest-voiced in an episode of the 1994-1995 animated series The Critic and provided the voice for Ruth Powers in three episodes of the animated TV series The Simpsons. She starred in Jericho and has appeared on Parks and Recreation as the mother of the main character Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler).
Pamela Reed Movies and TV Shows
- 1980 – The Long Riders Belle Starr
- 1981 – Eyewitness Linda Mercer
- 1982 – Young Doctors in Love Nurse Norine Sprockett
- 1983 – The Right Stuff Trudy Cooper
- 1984 – The Goodbye People Nancie Scot
- 1986 – The Clan of the Cave Bear Iza
- 1986 – The Best of Times Gigi Hightower
- 1987 – Rachel River Mary Graving
- 1989 – Chattahoochee Earlene
- 1990 – Kindergarten Cop Det. Phoebe O’Hara
- 1992 – Passed Away Terry Scanlan Pinter
- 1994 – Junior Angela
- 1997 – Santa Fe Nancy Vigil
- 1998 – Why Do Fools Fall in Love Judge Lambrey
- 1999 – Standing on Fishes Janice
- 2000 – Proof of Life Janis Goodman
- 2005 – Life of the Party Evelyn
- 2016 – Savannah Sunrise Loraine
- 2017 – Outside In Aunt Bette
- 2018 – The Long Dumb Road Dotty
- 2020 – Language Arts Sister Giorgia
- TBA – The Burial as TBA
- 1976 – Spencer’s Pilots Susan
- 1977 – The Andros Targets Sandi Farrell
- 1978 – All’s Well That Ends Well Helena
- 1981 – Inmates: A Love Story Sunny
- 1983 – The Mississippi Paige
- 1985 – Scandal Sheet Helen Grant
- 1988 – L.A. Law Norma Heisler
- 1990 – The Civil War Various (voice)
- 1992 – Woman with a Past Dee Johnson
- 1992–2003 – The Simpsons Ruth Powers (voice)
- 1993 – Born Too Soon Elizabeth Mehren
- 1994 – The Critic Projectionist
- 1995 – Deadly Whispers Carol Acton
- 1995–96 – The Home Court Judge Sydney J. Solomon
- 1996 – The Man Next Door Wanda Gilmore
- 1998 – Carriers Holly Parker
- 2001 – The Kennedys Pamela Kennedy
- 2003 – Book of Days Grady
- 2004 – Tanner on Tanner T.J. Cavanaugh
- 2005 – Dynasty: The Making of a Guilty Pleasure Esther Shapiro
- 2006 – Pepper Dennis Lynn Dinkle
- 2006–08 – Jericho Gail Green
- 2008 – Eli Stone Mrs. Stone
- 2009–11 – United States of Tara Beverly Craine
- 2009–12 – Parks and Recreation Marlene Griggs-Knope
- 2010 – Grey’s Anatomy Mrs. Banks
- 2011–12 – CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Donna Hoppe
- 2012 – Perception Mrs. Penderhalt
- 2014 – Criminal Minds Mary Bidwell
- 2015–2023 – NCIS: Los Angeles Roberta Deeks
Social Impact: Philanthropic, Charitable and Community Involvement
Information regarding Pamela Reed’s specific philanthropic, charitable, and community involvement is limited. While there may be philanthropic activities or community involvement that Pamela Reed has engaged in, such endeavors are often conducted privately or may not be extensively documented in public sources.
Many actors and public figures are involved in various charitable and community initiatives, supporting causes and organizations that align with their personal values and interests. However, without specific information about Pamela Reed’s involvement, it is challenging to provide details about her social impact in these areas.
To learn more about Pamela Reed’s philanthropic, charitable, and community involvement, it would be advisable to refer to any public statements, interviews, or official sources where she has discussed or promoted her involvement in such activities.
Pamela Reed Awards Accomplishments and Achievements
Pamela Reed has garnered recognition and achieved notable accomplishments throughout her career. While specific information may not be exhaustive, here are some of her awards, accomplishments, and achievements:
- Obie Award: Reed received an Obie Award for her performance in the Off-Broadway production of “Getting Out” in 1979. The Obie Awards honor outstanding Off-Broadway and Off-Off-Broadway theater achievements.
- Drama Desk Award: She won a Drama Desk Award for her portrayal of Gwen Landis in the play “A Streetcar Named Desire” in 1988. The Drama Desk Awards recognize excellence in New York theater productions.
- Tony Award Nomination: In 1974, Reed was nominated for a Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Play for her performance in “The Great White Hope” on Broadway. The Tony Awards celebrate outstanding achievements in live Broadway theater.
- Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Award: Reed was part of the ensemble cast of the film “The Right Stuff” (1983), which won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture. The award recognizes exceptional ensemble acting in films.
- Other Nominations: Throughout her career, Pamela Reed has received nominations for various awards. These include Emmy Award nominations for her guest appearances in television shows such as “The Practice” and “Parks and Recreation.”
Pamela Reed has made a significant impact on the entertainment industry throughout her career, leaving behind a notable legacy. Here are a few aspects that contribute to her legacy:
- Versatile Acting: Reed’s talent for portraying a wide range of characters, both in film and on stage, showcases her versatility as an actress. Her ability to seamlessly transition between comedic and dramatic roles has made her a respected and sought-after performer.
- Memorable Film and Television Roles: Reed’s performances in films such as “The Right Stuff,” “Kindergarten Cop,” and her recurring role as Ruth Powers on “The Simpsons” have left a lasting impression on audiences. Her memorable portrayals have contributed to the success and longevity of these projects.
- Stage Presence: With her work on Broadway and in theater productions, Reed has demonstrated her stage presence and earned accolades, including a Tony Award nomination. Her dedication to the craft and ability to captivate audiences in live performances have solidified her reputation as a skilled stage actress.
- Recognition and Awards: Over the course of her career, Reed has received nominations and awards for her performances. These include an Obie Award, a Drama Desk Award, and Screen Actors Guild recognition. Her talent and contributions have been acknowledged by industry peers and critics alike.
- Influence on Future Generations: Pamela Reed has served as an inspiration to aspiring actors, particularly women in the industry. Her successful career, versatility, and dedication to her craft serve as a testament to what can be achieved through talent and hard work.
Hobbies and Interests
While information regarding Pamela Reed’s specific hobbies and interests is not widely available, it is common for actors to have a range of personal interests and activities outside of their professional careers. Some actors enjoy pursuits such as reading, writing, painting, playing musical instruments, traveling, cooking, or participating in sports and physical fitness activities.
Given the limited public information on Pamela Reed’s personal life, it is challenging to provide specific details about her hobbies and interests. Like many individuals, she may have varied interests that contribute to her personal well-being and enjoyment.
To learn more about Pamela Reed’s hobbies and interests, it would be best to refer to any public statements, interviews, or official sources where she has discussed or shared information about her personal life and activities outside of her acting career.
Pamela Reed has had a remarkable career as an actress, leaving a lasting impact on the entertainment industry. Her talent, versatility, and memorable performances in film, television, and theater have earned her respect and admiration from audiences and peers alike.
Pamela Reed is a survivor. She has overcome many challenges in her life, but she has never given up. She is an inspiration to us all to never give up on ourselves, no matter what life
Frequently Asked Questions About Pamela Reed
Pamela is an accomplished actress who gained extensive recognition for her roles in the films Kindergarten Cop (1990) and Criminal Minds (2014).
Pamela is an American national born on 2nd April 1949, in Tacoma, Washington.
Pamela stands at a height of 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 meters).
Yes, Pamela is married to Sandy Smolan. They got married in 1988 and together they have two children. The couple resides in Hancock Park, Los Angeles together with their children.
Pamela has an approximate net worth of $1 million and $5 million. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Details about Pamela’s salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much she makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Pamela is a resident of Hancock Park, Los Angeles, California, USA, we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Pamela is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Pamela is still an active participant in the creative entertainment industry, she is a cast member of NCIS: Los Angeles.
Pamela Reed Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: