Philip Yancey Biography
Table of Contents
- 1 Philip Yancey Biography
- 2 10 Quick Facts About Philip Yancey
- 3 Philip Yancey Age
- 4 Philip Yancey Height
- 5 Philip Yancey Height
- 6 Philip Yancey Educational
- 7 Philip Yancey Family
- 8 Philip Yancey Wife
- 9 Philip Yancey Children
- 10 Philip Yancey Net Worth
- 11 Philip Yancey Measurements and Facts
- 12 Philip Yancey Author
- 13 Philip Yancey Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference
- 14 Philip Yancey The Jesus I Never Knew
- 15 Philip Yancey Books
- 16 Philip Yancey Quotes
- 17 Frequently Asked Questions About Philip Yancey
- 18 Philip Yancey Social Media Contacts
- 19 Related Biographies.
Philip Yancey is an accomplished American author who mostly writes about spiritual issues. His books have sold more than fifteen million copies in English and have been translated into forty languages, making him one of the best-selling contemporary Christian authors.
Philip’s two books won the ECPA’s Christian Book of the Year Award: The Jesus I Never Knew in 1996, and What’s So Amazing About Grace? In 1998. He is published by Hachette, HarperCollins Christian Publishing, InterVarsity Press, and Penguin Random House.
10 Quick Facts About Philip Yancey
- Name: Philip Yancey
- Age: 71 years
- Birthday: 4 November
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Height: 5 feet 3 inches
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Author
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: $2 million
Philip Yancey Age
Philip is 71 years old as of 2020, he was born on November 4, 1949, in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. He celebrates his birthday on November 4, every year, and his birth sign is Scorpio. Philip will be turning 72 years on November 4, 2021.
Philip Yancey Height
Philip stands at a height of 5 feet 3 inches. However, details regarding his other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We will update this section when the information is available.
Philip Yancey Height
Philip Weighs 185 lbs (83.9 kilograms) in 2021. Known for his captivating personality, Philip has blue eyes and the color of his hair is white.
Philip Yancey Educational
Philip is a highly educated and qualified person. After graduating from high school, he attended college in South Carolina. He also attended Wheaton College, Columbia International University, and The University of Chicago.
Philip Yancey Family
Philip Yancey Parents and Siblings
Philip was born in Atlanta, Georgia, the United States as the son of Mildred Yancey(mother) and Marshall Yancey(father). He was raised up in nearby suburbs. He was one year old when his father was stricken with polio and died after church members suggested he go off life support in faith that God would heal him.
Philip Yancey Wife
Philip is happily married to his beautiful wife Janet Yancey. He met her while in college in South Carolina. The couple met when Philip was attending college in South Carolina after finishing high school. Philip and Janet live in Colorado where Philip works as a freelance writer. He has visited 85 countries for speaking engagements
In February 2007, Philip suffered a broken neck in a motor vehicle accident but recovered well. In August in the same year, he completed his goal of climbing all 54 of Colorado’s 14,000-foot (4,300 m)-plus peaks, the final three after his accident
Philip Yancey Children
Philip and his caring spouse Janet are both proud parents of four adorable and blessed children. Philip has done a very good job of maintaining his personal and professional life. He is a good husband and also a loving father.
Philip Yancey Net Worth
Philip has an estimated net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2021. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as an author. Through his various sources of income, he has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Philip Yancey Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Yancey.
Philip Yancey Wikipedia
- Full Names: Philip Yancey.
- Gender: Male.
- Occupation / Profession: Author.
- Nationality: American.
- Race / Ethnicity: White.
- Religion: Christian.
- Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Philip Yancey Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 71 Years Old.
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio.
- Date of Birth: November 4, 1949.
- Place of Birth: Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
- Birthday: November 4.
Philip Yancey Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Pending Update.
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 3 inches.
- Weight: 185 lbs (83.9 kilograms) in 2021.
- Eye Color: Blue.
- Hair Color: White.
- Shoe Size: Pending Update.
Philip Yancey Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Marshall Yancey
- Mother: Mildred Yancey
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Pending Update.
- Marital Status: Married.
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Janet Yancey.
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable.
- Children: Four.
Philip Yancey Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $2 million dollars as of 2021.
- Salary: Pending Update.
- Source of Income: Career as an Author.
Philip Yancey House and Cars
- Place of living: U.S.A.
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated.
Philip Yancey Author
While living in the Chicago, Illinois suburbs, Philip joined the Campus Life magazine employees in 1971 a magazine aimed at the high school and university students where for eight years he served as editor. He has been contributing to Christianity Today as an editor in large for three decades and has also written papers for journals including Reader’s Digest, The Saturday Evening Post, Publishers Weekly, Chicago Magazine, Christian Century, and National Wildlife.
Philip has been interviewing two U as a journalist. S. Presidents and other prominent figures such as Bono, Billy Graham, and the authors Annie Dillard, John Updike, and Henri Nouwen. Jimmy Carter, the former president, called Yancey “my favorite contemporary author.”
Philip Yancey Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference
Philip, Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? “Prayer is the act of seeing reality from God’s point of view.” “A human being is not someone who once in a while makes a mistake, and God is not someone who now and then forgives. No, human beings are sinners and God is love.”
Philip Yancey The Jesus I Never Knew
What’s So Amazing About Grace
The Jesus I Never Knew in 1996 was among the two of his books that won the ECPA’s Christian Book of the Year Award alongside What’s So Amazing About Grace? In 1998.
Philip Yancey Books
- What’s So Amazing About Grace? 1997
- The Jesus I Never Knew 1995
- Disappointment with God 1988
- La Oracion- Hace Alguna Diferencia?/ Does Prayer Make a Difference? 2006
- The Question That Never Goes Away 2013
- Vanishing Grace: What Ever Happened to the Good News? 2014
- Biblia que Leyó Jesús 1999
- What Good Is God? In Search of a Faith That Matters 2010
- Reaching for the Invisible God 2000
- Fearfully and Wonderfully: The Marvel of Bearing God’s Image Pain – the Gift Nobody Wants 1982
- Finding God in unexpected places 1995
- Grace 2010
- Sobreviviente- A Pesar De Todo Mi Fe Sobrevive 2001
- Grace Notes: Daily Readings with a Fellow Pilgrim 2009
- Jesus 2010
- Vanishing Grace: Bringing Good News to a Deeply Divided World 2018
- Rumores de otro mundo 2003
- Prayer Participant’s Guide: Six Sessions on Our Relationship with God 2007
- In the likeness of God, Where is God when it hurts? 1999
- Grace Notes: 366 Daily Inspirations from a Fellow Pilgrim 2016
- Meet the Bible: A Panorama of God’s Word in 366 Daily Readings and Reflections 2000
- The Jesus I never knew study guide 1997
- Where Is God When it Hurts/What’s So Amazing About Grace? 2008
- When Life Hurts: Understanding God’s Place in Your Pain 1999
- When We Hurt: Prayer, Preparation, & Hope for Life’s Pain 2006
- Open Windows 1982
- What’s So Amazing about Grace Participant’s Guide with DVD: A Ten Session Investigation of Grace 2012
- Gracia Divina vs. Condena Humana 1998
- Discovering God: A Devotional Journey Through the Bible 1993
- After the Wedding: Nine Couples Tell How They Survived the Most Dangerous Years of Marriage 1976
- Prayer Participant’s Guide, Session 2: Why Pray? 2010
- New Student Bible 1992
Philip Yancey Quotes
- “Prayer, and only prayer, restores my vision to one that more resembles God’s. I awake from blindness to seeing that wealth lurks as a terrible danger, not a goal worth striving for; that value depends not on race or status but on the image of God every person bears; that no amount of effort to improve physical beauty has much relevance for the world beyond.”
- “Jesus never met a disease he could not cure, a birth defect he could not reverse, a demon he could not exorcise. But he did meet skeptics he could not convince and sinners he could not convert. Forgiveness of sins requires an act of will on the receiver’s part, and some who heard Jesus’ strongest words about grace and forgiveness turned away unrepentant.”
- “As I have said, the Bible consistently changes the questions we bring to the problem of pain. It rarely, or ambiguously, answers the backward-looking question “Why?” Instead, it raises the very different, forward-looking question, “To what end?” We are not put on earth merely to satisfy our desires, to pursue life, liberty, and happiness. We are here to be changed, to be made more like God in order to prepare us for a lifetime with him. And that process may be served by the mysterious pattern of all creation: pleasure sometimes emerges against a background of pain, evil may be transformed into good, and suffering may produce something of value.”
- “We have taller buildings but shorter tempers; wider freeways but narrower viewpoints; we spend more but have less; we buy more but enjoy it less; we have bigger houses and smaller families; more conveniences, yet less time; we have more degrees but less sense; more knowledge but less judgment; more experts, yet more problems; we have more gadgets but less satisfaction; more medicine, yet less wellness; we take more vitamins but see fewer results.
- We drink too much; smoke too much; spend too recklessly; laugh too little; drive too fast, get too angry quickly; stay up too late; get up too tired; read too seldom; watch TV too much and pray too seldom. We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values; we fly in faster planes to arrive there quicker, to do less and return sooner; we sign more contracts only to realize fewer profits; we talk too much; love too seldom, and lie too often. We’ve learned how to make a living, but not a life; we’ve added years to life, not life to years.”
- “We dare not invest so much in the kingdom of this world that we neglect our main task of introducing people to a different kind of kingdom, one based solely on God’s grace and forgiveness. Passing laws to enforce morality serves a necessary function, to dam up evil, but it never solves human problems.”
- “The first step in helping a suffering person is to acknowledge that the pain is valid and worthy of a sympathetic response.”
- “A philosophy may explain difficult things, but has no power to change them. The gospel, the story of Jesus’ life, promises change.”
Frequently Asked Questions About Philip Yancey
Who is Philip Yancey?
Philip is an accomplished American author who mostly writes about spiritual issues. His books have sold more than fifteen million copies in English and have been translated into forty languages, making him one of the best-selling contemporary Christian authors.
How old is Philip Yancey?
Philip is an American national born 4th November 1949, in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
How tall is Philip Yancey?
Philip Weighs 185 lbs (83.9 kilograms) in 2021.
Is Philip Yancey married?
Yes, Philip is married to Janet. He met her while in college in South Carolina. The couple met when Yancey was attending college in South Carolina after finishing high school.
How much is Philip Yancey worth?
Philip has a net worth of $2 million dollars as of 2021. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the writing industry.
Where does Philip Yancey live?
Philip is a resident of Colorado, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Is Philip Yancey dead or alive?
Philip is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Philip Yancey Now?
Author: Philip is pursuing his career in writing. He mostly writes about spiritual issues.
Philip Yancey Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Elizabeth McCracken
- April Henry
- John Connolly
- Katie Heaney
- Lucianne Goldberg
- Philip Michael Thomas
- Scott Yancey
- Prince Philip
Featured Famous Models
- Alison Roman
- Amor Towles
- Anne Marie West
- Berniece Baker Miracle
- Bill Bryson
- Connie Willis
- Craig Johnson
- Dave Canterbury
- Delia Owens
- Doreen Virtue
- Douglas Murray
- Dr Joe Dispenza
- Dwayne Wayans
- Elizabeth Kloepfer
- Faye Resnick
- Gabrielle Bernstein
- Gigi Graham
- Gordon Keith
- Heather Lindsey
- Henry Lee
- Jackie Hill Perry
- Jen Wilkin
- Jentezen Franklin
- Jonathan Cahn
- Justine Musk
- Keith Ablow
- Lisa Harper
- Lori Gottlieb
- Lysa Terkeurst
- Mark Hemingway
- Marni Kinrys
- Mitch Glazer
- Molly Jong Fast
- Nancy Brinker
- Neal Barnard
- Patrick Madrid
- Paul Tassi
- Philip Yancey
- Reeve Lindbergh
- Rich Lowry
- Rich Wilkerson Jr
- Roderick Spencer
- Sandra Walker
- Sidra Smith
- Stormie Omartian
- Tara Westover
- Ted Williams
- Tiffany Cross
- Victor Davis Hanson
- Victoria Osteen