Rachel McAdams Biography
Rachel McAdams is a Canadian actress who has worked in Canadian television and film productions such as the drama film Perfect Pie (2002), for which she received a Genie Award nomination, the comedy film My Name Is Tanino (2002), and the comedy series Slings and Arrows, for which she won a Gemini Award.
The actress made her Hollywood film debut in the comedy The Hot Chick. She rose to fame in 2004 with the comedy Mean Girlsand the romantic drama The Notebook. She has starred in other films like Wedding Crashers, psychological thriller Red Eye, and the comedy-drama The Family Stone.
She was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in the drama Spotlight. In 2016, she played Christine Palmer in the Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero film Doctor Strange. In 2018, she starred in the comedy Game Night and the romantic drama Disobedience.
Rachel McAdams Age
McAdams whose full name is Rachel Anne McAdams was born on November 17, 1978 hence she is 39 years old.
Rachel McAdams Height & Weight
She is 1.63 m tall and weighs 54 kg or 119 pounds.
Rachel McAdams Family
Rachel Anne McAdams was born in London, Ontario, the daughter of nurse Sandra (née Gale) and truck driver Lance McAdams. She grew up in nearby St. Thomas. McAdams is of English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh descent. She is the eldest of three children; she has a sister, Kayleen, a celebrity make-up artist, and a brother, Daniel, a personal trainer.
Rachel McAdams Boyfriend
The actress famously dated her Notebook co-star Ryan Gosling from mid‑2005 to mid‑2007 and they briefly reunited in 2008. She then got into a relationship with Michael Sheen for more than two years until 2013. The actress has also been spotted with Josh Lucas and Patrick Sambrook.
She is currently with screenwriter, director, and producer; Jamie Linden. The couple was first photographed together in 2016, walking together in Los Angeles and Paris and attending a friend’s wedding in Virginia. The two have kept their relationship under wraps such that their is very little known about them. It is also reported that the couple welcomed their first child, a son, on April 10, 2018.
Rachel McAdams The Notebook
In 1940s South Carolina, mill worker Noah Calhoun (Ryan Gosling) and rich girl Allie (Rachel McAdams) are desperately in love. But her parents don’t approve. When Noah goes off to serve in World War II, it seems to mark the end of their love affair. In the interim, Allie becomes involved with another man (James Marsden). But when Noah returns to their small town years later, on the cusp of Allie’s marriage, it soon becomes clear that their romance is anything but over.
Initial release: 25 June 2004 (Canada)
Director: Nick Cassavetes
Starring: Ryan Gosling
Featured song: I’ll Be Seeing You
Awards: MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss among others
Rachel McAdams Filmography
- 2002 My Name is Tanino
- 2002 Perfect Pie
- 2002 The Hot Chick
- 2004 Mean Girls
- 2004 The Notebook
- 2005 Wedding Crashers
- 2005 Red Eye
- 2005 The Family Stone
- 2007 Married Life
- 2008 The Lucky Ones
- 2009 State of Play
- 2009 The Time Traveler’s Wife
- 2009 Sherlock Holmes
- 2010 Morning Glory
- 2011 Midnight in Paris
- 2011 Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
- 2012 The Vow
- 2012 Passion
- 2012 To the Wonder
- 2013 About Time
- 2014 A Most Wanted Man
- 2015 Every Thing Will Be Fine
- 2015 The Little Prince
- 2015 Aloha
- 2015 Southpaw
- 2015 Spotlight
- 2016 Doctor Strange
- 2017 Disobedience
- 2018 Game Night
- 2001 Shotgun Love Dolls
- 2001 The Famous Jett Jackson
- 2002 Guilt by Association
- 2002 Earth: Final Conflict
- 2003–05 Slings & Arrows
- 2015 True Detective
Rachel McAdams Awards
- Critics’ Choice Movie Awards for Best Acting Ensemble in Spotlight (2016)
- Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture in Spotlight (2016)
- Gemini Awards for Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Series in Slings and Arrows (2004)
- Gotham Independent Film Awards for Ensemble Performance in Spotlight (2015)
- Independent Spirit Awards (Robert Altman Award) for Best Ensemble in Spotlight (2015)
- Satellite Awards for Best Supporting Actress Comedy or Musical in Spotlight (2016)
- ShoWest Film festival award for Supporting Actress of the Year in Mean Girls and The Notebook (2005)
- American Riviera Award (shared with Michael Keaton and Mark Ruffalo)for the film Spotlight (2015)
- MTV Movie Awards for Best Breakthrough Female Performance in Mean Girls (2005)
- MTV Movie Awards for Best On-Screen Team (shared with Lindsay Lohan, Lacey Chabert and Amanda Seyfried) in Mean Girls (2005)
- MTV Movie Awards for Best Kiss (shared with Ryan Gosling) in The Notebook (2005)
- Teen Choice Awards for Choice Movie Actress: Drama, Choice Movie: Chemistry (shared with Ryan Gosling), Choice Movie: Liplock (shared with Ryan Gosling) and Choice Movie Love Scene (shared with Ryan Gosling) in The Notebook (2005)
- Teen Choice Awards for Choice Movie Actress: Comedy in Wedding Crashers and The Family Stone (2006)
- Teen Choice Awards for Choice Movie Actress: Action in Sherlock Holmes (2010).
Rachel McAdams Instagram
Rachel McAdams Twitter
Rachel McAdams Interview
Rachel McAdams News
Rachel McAdams Welcomes First Child
Updated On: 9th April 2018
The Oscar nominee has welcomed a baby boy, Hollywood Pipeline reports. No other details including the baby’s name has been revealed as of now.
Back in February, E! News exclusively revealed that the Notebook actress was pregnant with her first child after multiple sources confirmed to us that she was expecting.
McAdams managed to stay out of the public eye for most of her pregnancy, she was last spotted at Pearson International Airport in Toronto on November 27 wearing a baggy jacket and a baseball cap.
The 39-year-old star also skipped the Los Angeles premiere of her most recent movie, Game Night, on February 21.
Over the years, McAdams has remained very private when it comes to her love life. However, she most recently sparked romance rumors in the summer of 2016 when she was spotted holding hands with screenwriter Jamie Linden.
Linden, who is also a producer, wrote the screenplay for 2006’s We Are Marshall, 2010’s Dear John and 2016’s Money Monster.
And while McAdams has yet to confirm the baby news herself, she has previously talked about becoming a mother and having kids.
“Having a few [kids] would be great,” McAdams told People in 2009, later adding that she is “looking forward to it someday.”
She also shared, “My mom is a great inspiration to me. She’s a nurse and very nurturing and gentle. She lets me be who I am. Hopefully I can take on those qualities and be as great as her.”
Congratulations to McAdams on the exciting baby news!
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.