Robert Kiyosaki Biography
Robert Kiyosaki is an American businessman and author who was born in Hilo, Hawaii, the United States as Robert Toru Kiyosaki. He is the founder of Rich Global LLC and the Rich Dad Company, a private financial education company that provides personal finance and business education to people through books and videos.
The company’s main revenues come from franchisees of the Rich Dad seminars that are conducted by independent people using Kiyosaki’s brand name for a fee. Kiyosaki is also the creator of the Cashflow board and software games to educate adults and children on business and financial concepts.
|Full Names||Robert Kiyosaki|
|Occupation / Profession||Businessman and author|
|Race / Ethnicity||Hawaiian|
Robert Kiyosaki Age and Birthday
Kiyosaki is 75 years old as of 2022, he was born on 8 April 1947 in Hilo, Hawaii, United States. He celebrates his birthday every year on 8 April and his birth sign is Gemini.
|Age and Birthday Information|
|Age||72 years (2022)|
|Date of Birth||8 April 1947|
|Place of Birth||Hilo, Hawaii, United States|
Robert Kiyosaki Height and Weight
Kiyosaki stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches or 1.7 meters. Details regarding his weight and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We will update this section when the information is available.
|Height and Weight|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches (1.7 meters)|
|Weight||To be Updated|
Other Body Measurements
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Chest size||Not Known|
|Waist size||Not known|
Robert Kiyosaki Education
Kiyosaki attended Hilo High School and graduated in 1965. Most information on his comes from speeches and talks he has made about his life. As per Kiyosaki, he received congressional nominations from Senator Daniel K. Inouye for the U.S. Naval Academy and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy.
Kiyosaki attended the United States Merchant Marine Academy in New York and graduated in 1969 as a deck officer with a Bachelor of Science degree and a commission as a 2nd Lt. in the U.S. Marine Corps.
After graduating from college, he took a job with Standard Oil’s tanker office as a third mate. He resigned after six months to join the Marine Corps, serving as a helicopter gunship pilot during the Vietnam War in 1972, where he was awarded an Air Medal.
As per Kiyosaki, he enrolled in a two-year MBA program at the University of Hawaii at Hilo in 1973 while he still was in the military. In June 1974, he was honorably discharged from the Marine Corps.
|College/ University||US Merchant Marine Academy, University of Hawaii|
Robert Kiyosaki Family, Parents, and Siblings
Kiyosaki was the eldest son of Ralph H. Kiyosaki (1919–1991), an academic and educator, and Marjorie O. Kiyosaki (1921–1971), a registered nurse.
Robert Kiyosaki Siblings
Kiyosaki has three siblings – sisters Emi and Beth, and his brother John.
|Father (Dad)||Ralph H. Kiyosaki (1919–1991)|
|Mother||Marjorie O. Kiyosaki (1921–1971)|
|Sister(s)||Beth and Emi Kiyosaki|
Robert Kiyosaki’s Wife and Children
Kiyosaki is married to Kim Kiyosaki. The couple married in 1986. Since 1994, they have lived in Phoenix, Arizona. There is not much information about his wife or whether they have any children.
Robert Kiyosaki Children
Kiyosaki is married to Kim Kiyosaki since 1986. There is not much information about his wife or whether they have any children.
|Marital Status Married|
|Ex–Wife Kim Kiyosaki|
|Children To be Updated|
Robert Kiyosaki’s Net Worth
Kiyosaki has an estimated net worth of $80 million dollars as of 2022. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as a businessman and author. Through his various sources of income, Robert has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
|Salary and Networth|
|Net Worth||$80 million dollars|
|Source of Income||His career as a businessman and author|
Robert Kiyosaki Business
Kiyosaki took a job as a sales associate for Xerox until June 1978. In 1974, he attended the Erhard EST seminars, which he says changed his life. In 1977, Kiyosaki started a company called “Rippers”. The company brought to market the first nylon and velcro surfer wallets.
Kiyosaki and his products were featured in Runner’s World, Gentleman’s Quarterly, Newsweek, Success Magazine, and Playboy. The company eventually went bankrupt. Kiyosaki then started a retail business that made T-shirts, wallets, hats, and bags for heavy metal rock bands. In 1980, the company went bankrupt.
In 1985, he cofounded the Excellerated Learning Institute, a business education company teaching entrepreneurship, investing, and social responsibility. Around this time, Kiyosaki married his second wife, Kim, who had already invested in some real estate in Phoenix. In 1994, Kiyosaki sold the education company.
In 1992, he published his first book, If You Want to Be Rich and Happy, Don’t Go To School. In his book, Kiyosaki encouraged parents not to send their children to college and instead to enter the real estate business.
In 1997, he launched Cashflow Technologies, Inc., a business and financial education company that owns and operates the Rich Dad and Cashflow brands. He partnered with Amway to promote his book.
Robert Kiyosaki Seminars
His seminars in the US and Canada are conducted in collaboration with a company called Whitney Information Network and are contracted out to local companies as franchisees in other countries. However, some attendees have sued him on claims that his high-priced seminars did not deliver anything special.
Robert Kiyosaki is the author of more than 26 books, including the international self-published personal finance Rich Dad Poor Dad series of books which has been translated into 51 languages and sold over 27 million copies worldwide.
Kiyosaki has been criticized for advocating the practices of debatable legality perceived as the “get rich quick” philosophy. He is the subject of a class-action suit against him by people who attended his seminars and has been the subject of two investigative documentaries by CBC Canada and WTAE USA. His company filed for bankruptcy in 2012.
Robert Kiyosaki Books
- If You Want to Be Rich & Happy: Don’t Go to School?: Ensuring Lifetime Security for Yourself and Your Children (1992).
- Rich Dad Poor Dad – What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money – That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not! (first published in 1997) Warner Business Books.
- Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad’s Guide to Financial Freedom (2000).
- Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in, That the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not! (2000).
- The Business School for People Who Like Helping People (March 2001).
- Rich Dad’s Rich Kid, Smart Kid: Giving Your Children a Financial Headstart (2001).
- Rich Dad’s Retire Young, Retire Rich (2002).
- Rich Dad’s Prophecy: Why the Biggest Stock Market Crash in History Is Still Coming… and How You Can Prepare Yourself and Profit from It! (2002). Warner Books.
- Rich Dad’s The Business School: For People Who Like Helping People (2003)
- Rich Dad’s Success Stories (2003)
- You Can Choose to be Rich (2003) 12-CD Audio series with three books.
- Rich Dad’s Who Took My Money?: Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins! (2004)
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad for Teens: The Secrets About Money – That You Don’t Learn in School! (2004)
- Rich Dad’s Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business (2005).
- Rich Dad’s Escape from the Rat Race – Comic for children (2005)
- Why We Want You to Be Rich: Two Men, One Message (2006) co-written with Donald J. Trump.
- Rich Dad’s Increase Your Financial IQ: Get Smarter with Your Money (2008).
- Rich Dad’s Conspiracy of the Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money (2009).
- Rich Dad’s Rich Brother Rich Sister (2009) co-written with Emi Kiyosaki
- The Real Book of Real Estate: Real Experts. Real Stories. Real Life. (2009).
- An Unfair Advantage: The Power of Financial Education (2011).
- Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich And Why Most Don’t (2011), co-written with Donald J. Trump.
- Why ‘A’ Students Work for ‘C’ Students and Why ‘B’ Students Work for the Government: Rich Dad’s Guide to Financial Education for Parents (2013).
- The Business of the 21st Century (2014), co-written with John Fleming and Kim Kiyosaki.
- Second Chance: for Your Money, Your Life and Our World (2015).
- 8 Lessons in Military Leadership for Entrepreneurs: How Military Values and Experience Can Shape Business and Life (2015).
- Why the Rich Are Getting Richer (2017).
Robert Kiyosaki Quotes
- “In the real world, the smartest people are people who make mistakes and learn. In school, the smartest people don’t make mistakes.”
- “The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.”
- “It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power!”
- “If you want to go somewhere, it is best to find someone who has already been there.”
- “When people are lame, they love to blame.”
- “It’s more important to grow your income than cut your expenses. It’s more important to grow your spirit than cut your dreams.”
- “Academic qualifications are important and so is financial education. They’re both important and schools are forgetting one of them.”
- . “Don’t be addicted to money. Work to learn. don’t work for money. Work for knowledge.”
- “We go to school to learn to work hard for money. I write books and create products that teach people how to have money and work hard for them.”
- “The only difference between a rich person and a poor person is how they use their time.”
Frequently Asked Questions About Robert Kiyosaki
Robert Kiyosaki is a famous businessman and author. He is the founder of Rich Global LLC and the Rich Dad Company, a private financial education company that provides personal finance and business education to people through books and videos.
Kiyosaki is 75 years old as of 2022, he was born on 8 April 1947 in Hilo, Hawaii, United States.
Kiyosaki stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches or 1.7 meters.
Kiyosaki has been married to Kim Kiyosaki since 1986. Since 1994, they have lived in Phoenix, Arizona. There is not much information about his wife or whether they have any children.
Robert has an approximate net worth of $80 million. This amount has been accrued from his career as a businessman and author.
Details about Kiyosaki’s salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much he makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Because of personal reasons, Rob has not shared his precise location of residence. We will immediately update this information if we get the location and images of his house.
Kiyosaki is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Kiyosaki is still pursuing his career as a businessman, educator and author.
Robert Kiyosaki Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
Featured Famous Business People
- Aaron Marino
- Antoine Arnault
- Ben Caballero
- Bill Mcdermott
- Bob Rohrman
- Brandi Passante
- Brian Cornell
- Chip Gaines
- Damian Gabrielle
- David Beador
- David Neeleman
- Dean Schneider
- Dhar Mann
- Diane Hendricks
- Elissa Leonard
- Elon Musk
- George Gammon
- Ginni Rometty
- Hamzi Hijazi
- Harry Stine
- Jack Owoc
- Jay Brewer
- Jesseca Dupart
- Jim Ryan
- Joanne Rhue Harrison
- Joe Gebbia
- John Menard Jr
- John Paul Dejoria
- Jonah Shacknai
- Jordan Broad
- Josh Silverman
- Lou Pai
- Lyn Alden
- Marc Benioff
- Marc Fisher
- Marc Springer
- Marvin Ellison
- Maureen Kelly
- Michael Wolfsmith
- Mike Sievert
- Miles Bastianich
- Nick Koumalatsos
- Nicole Taffer
- Patrick Bet David
- Phil Ruffin
- Phil Town
- Richard Fairbank
- Rohan Oza
- Ryan Blair
- Ryan Friedlinghaus
- Sam Cooper
- Sara Matter
- Sean Wotherspoon
- Susan Alice Buffett
- Suzanne Scott
- Tilman Fertitta
- Tim Sweeney
- Tom Bernthal
- Toto Wolff
- Wayde King