Ronnie Milsap Biography and Wiki
Ronnie Milsap (born Ronnie Lee Milsap) is a renowned American country and western music singer and pianist. He was among the most celebrated country music artists in 1970 and 1980.
He was one of the best thriving and multi-talented country “crossover” performer during his time. Milsap engaged to country as well as pop music incorporating hit songs including R&B, pop and rock and roll segment.
He is best known for his crossover hit such as “It Was Almost Like a Song”, “Smoky Mountain Rain”, “I Wouldn’t Have Missed It for the World”, “(There’s) No Gettin’ Over Me”, “Stranger in My House”, and “Any Day Now”.
Ronnie Milsap Age and Birthday
Milsap is 77 years old as of 2020, he was born on 16th January 1943 in Robbinsville, North Carolina, United States. He celebrates his birthday on 16th January every year.
Ronnie Milsap Height and Weight
Ronnie is a man of average stature. He stands at a descent height of 5 feet and 1 inch. He also weighs a massive 160 lbs.
Ronnie Milsap Wife
Ronnie is happily married to Joyce Milsap. The couple tied the knot in 1965. Together they were blessed with a son called Todd Milsap. Though, Todd was found deceased and died on 2019 February in Antioch, Nashville, Tennessee, United States.
Ronnie Milsap Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about him;
- Full Name: Ronnie Lee Milsap
- Profession Name: Ronnie Milsap
- Age: 77 years (2020)
- Date of Birth: 16th January 1943
- Place of Birth: Robbinsville, North Carolina, United States
- Education: Governor Morehead School For the Blind, Young Harris College
- Birthday: 16th January
- Nationality: American
- Father’s Name: Not known
- Mother’s Name: Not known
- Siblings: Not known
- Spouse: Joyce Milsap
- Children: Todd Milsap
- Height: 5 feet 1 inch
- Weight: 160 lbs
- Profession: Singer, Pianist
- Known For: Smoky Mountain Rain
- Net worth: $14 million
Ronnie Milsap Smokey Mountain Rain
‘Smoky Mountain Rain’ is one of his greatest hit that was released in September 1980. The song was written by Dennis Morgan and Kye Fleming. In December 1980, Billboard magazines ranked it #16 among the Hot Country Singles chart, as well as #24 on the Billboard Hot 100.
It was the best (No. 1) hit song on the country charts. ‘Smoky Mountain Rain’ topped among the Best 20 on the pop music chart as well as becoming the peak of his two tracks to score the best (No. 1) on the Adult Contemporary chart.
The song was inspired by where he spent his childhood in the Smoky Mountains. The hist song was ranked No. 96 by the Rolling Stone Magazine in their 100 best country songs list on 1st June 2014.
Ronnie Milsap It Was Almost Like A Song
Ronnie was the country music’s most celebrated star from 1976 to 1978. It was written by Archie Jordan and Hal David. His significant song that ranked him higher was “It Was Almost Like A Song” which was released in May 1977.
It is a piano based song which was his greatest most successful single in the 1970’s. The Billboard Magazine Hot Country Songs chart ranked it #1 in July 1977.
The track was his first entry in the Billboard Hot 100 chart becoming #16 and #7 in Hot Adult Contemporary Singes chat of Billboard.
Ronnie Milsap Tour
In 2019, Milsap announced his 76 for 76 tour. He claimed that he would be releasing an album that is collaborative “The Duets” on 18th January. It was during his 76th Birthday that he released the album “The Duets” on a show at Nashville Ryman Auditorium.
Ronnie Milsap’s 76 for 76 Tour dates:
- 16th January – Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
- 17th January– Mayetta, KS @ Prairie Band Casino & Resort Great Lakes Ballroom
- 18th January – Stafford, TX @ The Redneck Country Club
- 19th January– Bossier City, LA @ Horseshoe Bossier City The Riverdome
- 27th January– Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Country Music Cruise 2019
- 28th January – Key West, FL @ Country Music Cruise 2019
- 9th February – Glasgow, KY @ Plaza Theatre
- 16th February– Shelby, NC @ Malcolm Brown Auditorium
- 21st February – Morgantown, WV @ Metropolitan Brown Auditorium
- 22nd February– Madisonville, KY @ Glema Mahr Center For the Arts
- 28th February – Lexington, KY @ Opera House
- 1st March– Lorain, OH @ Palace Theater
- 2nd March – Lancaster, PA @ American Music Theater
- 8th March – Hinckley, MN @ Grand Casino Hinkley
- 9th March– Lac De Flambeau, WI @ Lake of the Torches Casino
- 22nd March – St. Louis, MO @ River City Casino
- 24th March – Austin, TX @ Travis County Expo Center
- 4th April– Mobile, AL @ Saenger Theatre
- 5th April– Beaumont, TX @ Jefferson Theatre
- 26th April– Hopewell, VA @ The Beacon Theatre
- 27th April– Cincinnati, OH @ JACK Casino Event Center
- 3rd May– Eutis, FL @ Lake County Fairgrounds Expo Center
- 11th May– Hinton, OK @ Sugar Creek Casino
- 17th May– Riverside, IA @ Riverside Casino and Golf Resort
- 23rd May – Charenton, LA @ Cypress Bayou Casino Hotel
Ronnie Milsap Stranger In My House
“Stranger in My House” is a Ronnie’s song, written by Mike Reid. The song was released in April 1983, in the Keyed Up album as his first single. “Stranger in My House” is among his greatest crossover hits as it was still successful.
It was ranked on all three charts including Country music chart #5, pop music chart #23 and on Adult Contemporary chart #8. It is about a man who alleges his wife as having fantasies with a secret lover.
Ronnie Milsap Any Day Now
“Any Day Now” is a famous track that was written by Bob Hilliard and Burt Bacharach in 1962. The song has been recorded by several artist including Milsap on April 1982.
It was among his greatest crossover hits, it was ranked #14 on the Billboard Hot 100, #1 on both Billboard Hot Country Singles chart and Hot Adult Contemporary Singles chat. In Canadian country and Adult Contemporary Chart it peaked at #1 for around three weeks.
Ronnie Milsap Blind
Ronnie was born with a congenital disorder that almost left him completely blind. His mother was shocked and didn’t expect that and as a result, she ran away and abandoned him as an infant.
Luckily enough, he was brought up by his grandparents. At the age of five, he attended the Governor Morehead School For the Blind in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Ronnie Milsap Greatest Hits
- “Smokey Mountain Rain”
- “(There’s) No Gettin’ Over Me”
- “Stranger in My House”
- “I Wouldn’t Have Missed It For The World”
- “(I’m a) Stand By My Woman Man”
- “Lost in the Fifties Tonight (In the Still of the Night)”
- “She Keeps the Home Fires Burning”
- “Any Day Now”
- “Daydreams About Night Things”
- “Please Don’t Tell Me How the Story Ends”
Ronnie Milsap Songs
- All Is Fair in Love and War (song)
- Any Day Now (Chuck Jackson song)
- Back on My Mind Again
- Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
- Cowboys and Clowns
- Crying (Roy Orbison song)
- Daydreams About Night Things
- Don’t You Ever Get Tired (Of Hurting Me)
- Forever Country
- Four Walls (Jim Reeves song)Happy,
- He Got You
- How Do I Turn You On
- (I Don’t Know Why) But I Do
- It Was Almost Like A Song
- Just in Case (Ronnie Milsap song)
- Let My Love Be Your Pillow
- Lost in the Fifties Tonight (In the Still of the Night)
- My Funny Valentine
- Nobody Likes Sad Songs
- Please Don’t Tell Me How the Story Ends
- Pure Love (song)
- Smoky Mountain Rain
- Stranger in My House (Ronnie Milsap Song)
Ronnie Milsap Pure Love
“Pure Love” is a track that was recorded by Milsap and became the first country chart-topping single song by its writer, Eddie Rabbit. The song was released in March 1974 from the album of the same name. It ranked #1 hit on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart.
Ronnie Milsap Net Worth
Ronnie has enjoyed a long career in the music industry spanning almost four decades. Through proceeds from his work as a singer and pianist, he has been able to accumulate a huge fortune. He is estimated to have a net worth of about $14 million.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ronnie Milsap
Who is Ronnie Milsap?
Ronnie is a renowned American country and western music singer and pianist. He was among the most celebrated country music artists in 1970 and 1980.
Hoe old is Ronnie Milsap?
Milsap is 77 years old as of 2020, he was born on 16th January 1943 in Robbinsville, North Carolina, United States.
Hoe tall is Ronnie Milsap?
He stands at a descent height of 5 feet and 1 inch. He also weighs a massive 160 lbs.
Is Ronnie Milsap married?
Yes, he is married to Joyce Milsap. The couple tied the knot in 1965. Together they were blessed with a son called Todd Milsap.
How much is Ronnie Milsap worth?
He has an approximate net worth of $14 million. This amount has been accrued from his career in music as a singer and pianist.
How much does Milsap make?
His annual salary is under review.
Where does Ronnie live?
He is a resident of Nashville, Tennessee, United States, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them
Is Milsap dead or alive?
He is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Ronnie Milsap Twitter
Ronnie Milsap Instagram
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.