Rush Limbaugh Biography / Wiki
Rush Limbaugh born Rush Hudson Limbaugh III is an American radio talk show host and conservative political commentator. He was born in 1951 in Cape Girardeau, Missouri to a family with a long line of attorneys. At 16, he chose to explore his passion for broadcasting by working as a disc jockey for a hometown radio station. After four years, he left for Pittsburgh to work for the former ABC owned and operated KQV.
Tired of the disc jockey life, Rush briefly left broadcasting for business, joining the Kansas City Royals as Director of Group Sales, and later as Director of Sales and Special Events. Rush couldn’t resist the urge to return to broadcasting. In 1983, he re-entered radio as a political commentator for KMBZ in Kansas City. A year later Rush hosted a daytime talk show in Sacramento, California, tripling the program’s ratings in four years. From there, in 1988, he went on to New York where the record-breaking national show was born.
Rush Limbaugh, the “Doctor of Democracy,” is known as the pioneer of AM radio. Limbaugh revolutionized the media and political landscape with his unprecedented combination of serious discussion of political, cultural and social issues along with satirical and biting humor, which parodies previously “untouchable” personalities and topics.
His passion inspires millions of Americans to be the best they can be and keeps the country on course to a bright future. On August 1, 1988, Rush launched his phenomenally successful radio broadcast, The Rush Limbaugh Show, into national syndication with 56 radio stations.
Now, 29 years later, the show is heard on more than 600 stations by up to 27 million people each week and is the highest-rated national radio talk show in America. Rush was awarded the Marconi Radio Award for “Syndicated Radio Personality of the Year” by the National Association of Broadcasters in 1992, 1995, 2000, 2005, and 2014.
He was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1993, the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 1998, and the Hall of Famous Missourians in 2012. Rush Limbaugh’s guest Television appearances include Nightline with Ted Koppel, CrossFire, Good Morning America, CBS This Morning, The Today Show, The Phil Donahue Show, The Late Show with David Letterman, The Tonight Show, This Week with David Brinkley, Meet the Press with Tim Russert, and The Drew Carey Show. Starred as himself in the popular network sitcoms Family Guy and Hearts Afire
He has been profiled on CBS’s 60 Minutes, ABC’s 20/20 and in numerous publications including U.S. News and World Report, Newsweek, National Review, Time Magazine, The New York Times Magazine and USA Weekend.
Rush Limbaugh Age
Rush Hudson Limbaugh III was born on January 12, 1951, in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States. He is 69 years old as of 2020.
He was born to his parents Rush Hudson Limbaugh Jr. and Mildred Carolyn (née Armstrong) Limbaugh. With his younger brother, David was born into the Limbaugh family; his father was a lawyer and a U.S. fighter pilot who served in the China Burma India Theater of World War II.
His mother was from Searcy, Arkansas. The name “Rush” was originally chosen for his grandfather to honor the maiden name of a family member, Edna Rush.
Rush Limbaugh Children
Limbaugh has had four marriages with no children in any of the marriages.
Rush Limbaugh Spouse / Marriage
Limbaugh married Kathryn Rogers who is a party planner from Florida on June 5, 2010. He had four marriages, three divorces, and no children. He was first married at the age of 26 to Roxy Maxine McNeely. They were married at the Centenary United Methodist Church in Limbaugh’s hometown of Cape Girardeau on September 24, 1977. McNeely filed for divorce in March 1980, citing “incompatibility.”
They were formally divorced on July 10, 1980. Limbaugh married Michelle Sixta, a college student, and usherette at the Kansas City Royals Stadium Club in 1983. They were divorced in 1990.
On May 27, 1994, Limbaugh married Marta Fitzgerald, a 35-year-old aerobics instructor whom he met on the online service CompuServe in 1990. They were married at the house of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who officiated. They were separated on June 11, 2004. Limbaugh announced his divorce on the air. It was finalized in December 2004.
Rush Limbaugh Height
Limbaugh stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches tall.
Rush Limbaugh Salary
Limbaugh earns an annual salary north of $85 million.
Rush Limbaugh Net Worth
Limbaugh has a net worth of $590 million.
Rush Limbaugh Contact
Please call customer service at 1-800-829-5386.
Rush Limbaugh Podcast
- Monday – Feb 03, 2020
- Friday – Jan 31, 2020
- Thursday – Jan 30, 2020
- Wednesday – Jan 29, 2020
- Tuesday – Jan 28, 2020
- Monday – Jan 27, 2020
- Friday – Jan 24, 2020
- Thursday – Jan 23, 2020
- Wednesday – Jan 22, 2020
- Tuesday – Jan 21, 2020
- Monday – Jan 20, 2020
- Friday – Jan 17, 2020
- Thursday – Jan 16, 2020
- Wednesday – Jan 15, 2020
- Tuesday – Jan 14, 2020
- Monday – Jan 13, 2020
- Friday – Jan 10, 2020
- Thursday – Jan 09, 2020
- Wednesday – Jan 08, 2020
- Tuesday – Jan 07, 2020
- Monday – Jan 06, 2020
- Friday – Jan 03, 2020
- Thursday – Jan 02, 2020
- Tuesday – Dec 31, 2019
- Monday – Dec 30, 2019
- Friday – Dec 27, 2019
- Thursday – Dec 26, 2019
- Tuesday – Dec 24, 2019
- Monday – Dec 23, 2019
- Friday – Dec 20, 2019
Rush Limbaugh Family Guy
It was a fantastic “get.” Liberal “Family Guy” creator Seth MacFarlane roped in hard-right radio host Rush Limbaugh for a full episode. The expectations were high considering MacFarlane’s reputation for deftly filleting both sides of the aisle. But it somehow fell short despite the fact that Limbaugh sang, danced and brawled in a white-knuckled street fight.
Rush Limbaugh Books
- The Incredible Adventures of Rush Revere: Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims; Rush Revere and the First Patriots; Rush Revere and the American Revolution; Rush Revere and the Star-Spangled Banner; Rush Revere and the Presidency
- Rush Revere and the Presidency
- Rush Revere and the Star-Spangled Banner
- Rush Revere and the American Revolution: Time-Travel Adventures With Exceptional Americans
- Rush Revere and the First Patriots: Time-Travel Adventures With Exceptional Americans
- Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims: Time-Travel Adventures with Exceptional Americans
- The Way Things Ought to Be and See, I Told You So
- See, I Told You So
- The Way Things Ought to Be
- Author of #1 New York Times bestselling Adventures of Rush Revere Series, including Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims, The First Patriots, The American Revolution, The Star-Spangled Banner, and The Presidency.
- Author of The Limbaugh Letter, the most widely read political newsletter in the country and two #1 New York Times best-selling books, The Way Things Ought to Be and See, I Told You So, which have sold nearly 10 million copies. Additionally, See, I Told You So set an American publishing record.
Rush Limbaugh Awards and recognition
- Five-time winner of the National Association of Broadcasters Marconi Award for “Excellence in Syndicated and Network Broadcasting”
- Children’s Choice Author of the Year, Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims (2014)
- Inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in Chicago in 1993
- Inducted into the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 1998
- Inducted into the Hall of Famous Missourians on May 14, 2012, at the State Capitol building in Jefferson City
- Hosted Rush Limbaugh – The Television Show in New York from 1992 through 1996
- Received a personal letter from President Ronald Reagan thanking him and naming him the “Number One voice for conservatism in our Country”
- Invited to stay in the Lincoln Bedroom in the White House by President George H. W. Bush
- Honorary Member of the Republican Freshman Class of 1995 House of Representatives
- Barbara Walters’ 10 Most Fascinating People (2008)
- Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World (2009)
- Forbes Magazine’s 50 Most Powerful Celebrities in the United States, numerous years (#19 in 2010)
- Awarded the “William F. Buckley, Jr. Award for Media Excellence” by the Media Research Center (2007)
- Received CPAC’s “Defender of the Constitution Award” (2009)
- Named the Human Events Man of the Year (2007)
- The Giving Back Fund’s 10 Most Generous Celebrities for contributions to charities and individuals, such as the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation
- Hosted an annual radio Cure-a-thon to benefit research done by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)— raising over $47 million to date
- Miss America Pageant Judge 2010
Rush Limbaugh Quotes
- Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.
- Character matters; leadership descends from character.
- Do you know why there’s a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.
- No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
- If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is with representation.
- Compassion is no substitute for justice.
- The Los Angeles riots were not caused by the Rodney King verdict. The Los Angeles riots were caused by rioters.
- The truth does not require a majority to prevail, ladies and gentlemen. The truth is its own power.
- The truth will out. Never forget that.
- If you commit a crime, you’re guilty.
- Poverty is not the root cause of crime.
Read more of his quotes on www.brainyquote.com
Rush Limbaugh Facts and Body Measurements
Here are some interesting facts you don’t want to miss about Rush Limbaugh.
• Full Name: Rush Hudson Limbaugh III
• Date of Birth: January 12. 1951
• Age/ How old?: 69
• Place of Birth: Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States.
• Birthday: 12th JAN.
• Nationality: American
• Fathers Name: Rush Hudson Limbaugh Jr.
• Mothers Name: Mildred Carolyn (née Armstrong) Limbaugh
• Siblings: A brother named David Limbaugh
• Marital Status: Married
• Children/ Kids: None
• Height/ How tall?: 5 feet 11 inches
Frequently Asked Questions About Rush Limbaugh
Who is Rush Limbaugh?
Limbaugh is an American radio talk show host and conservative political commentator.
How old is Rush Limbaugh?
Rush Hudson Limbaugh III is 69 years old as of 2020.
How tall is Rush Limbaugh?
Limbaugh stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
2. Diabetes Treatment
4. Breast Cancer
5. Blood Pressure
6. Heart Attack
Is Rush Limbaugh married?
Yes, he is married to Kathryn Rogers. They got married on June 5. 2010. Also over the course of her life, Limbaugh has been in relationships with Roxy Maxine McNeely, Michelle Sixta, and Marta Fitzgerald.
How much is Rush Limbaugh worth?
Limbaugh has an approximate net worth of $590 million. This amount has been accrued from his successful career as radio talk show host and conservative political commentator.
How much does Rush Limbaugh make?
Limbaugh has an estimated salary of $85 million per year.
Where does Rush Limbaugh live?
Because of security reasons, Limbaugh has not shared his precise location of residence. We will immediately update this information if we get the location and images of his house.
Is Rush Limbaugh dead or alive?
Limbaugh is alive on February 4.2020 he revealed he has been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.
Rush Limbaugh Now?
Journalists: Limbaugh is pursuing his career as a radio talk show host and conservative political commentator.
Rush Limbaugh Twitter
My thoughts and prayers are with Rush Limbaugh. A true pioneer in every sense of the word.
Don’t stop fighting, Rush. https://t.co/PwLpV5LRZR
— CJ Pearson (@thecjpearson) February 3, 2020
Rush Limbaugh Video
Rush Limbaugh diagnosed with advanced lung cancer l ABC News
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.