Ryan Reynolds Biography
Ryan Reynolds is a Canadian actor and film producer. Reynolds began his career starring in the YTV Canadian teen soap opera Hillside and in minor roles before landing the role of Michael Bergen on the ABC sitcom Two Guys and a Girl from 1998-2001.
Ryan has starred in a range of genre films for which he has received numerous accolades, including nominations for the Critic’s Choice Movie Awards and the Golden Globe Awards. The talented actor was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2017.Ryan Reynolds
Ryan Reynolds Age
The actor was born on October 23, 1976. He is currently 42 years old.
Ryan Reynolds Family
Ryan was born Ryan Rodney Reynolds in Vancouver, British Columbia to James Chester “Jim” Reynolds, a food wholesaler and his mother Tammy, a retail salesperson. He is of Irish ancestry and was raised as a Roman Catholic. Ryan is the youngest of four brothers Terry Reynolds, Jeff Reynolds and Patrick Reynolds.
Two of his elder brothers work as police officers in British Columbia, one of whom is a Royal Canadian Mounted Police member. His father Jim was diagnosed in 1995 to have Parkinson’s disease but told no one about it. His whole family came together to support him in fighting the disease but unfortunately Jim died at the age of 74 after a 20 year battle with Parkinson’s disease.Ryan Reynolds Family
Ryan Reynolds Wife and Children
The A-list actor was once married to Scarlett Johansson for three years. They got engaged in May 2008, and married on September 27, 2008, in a quiet ceremony near Tofino, British Columbia. On December 14, 2010, Reynolds and Johansson announced that they had separated and Reynolds filed for divorce in Los Angeles on December 23, 2010 which was finalized on July, 2011.
Reynolds is currently married to Blake Lively who he first met in early 2010 while filming Green Lantern, in which she co-starred. They began dating in late 2011 and the couple married on September 9, 2012, at Boone Hall Plantation in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
Together the power couple have two daughters: James (born 2014) and Inez (born 2016).
Ryan Reynolds Twin
Ryan has a fictional twin brother, Gordon Reynolds, who is obviously just Ryan, roasting himself in in-depth discussion between the ‘two’. His most recent encounter with Gordon is an interview to talk about his new gin.
Ryan Reynolds Filmography
- 1993 Ordinary Magic
- 1996 Sabrina the Teenage Witch
- 1999 Coming Soon
- 1999 Dick
- 2000 Boltneck
- 2001 Finder’s Fee
- 2002 National Lampoon’s Van Wilder
- 2002 Buying the Cow
- 2003 The In-Laws
- 2003 Foolproof
- 2004 Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle
- 2004 Blade: Trinity
- 2005 The Amityville Horror
- 2005 Waiting…
- 2005 Just Friends
- 2006 Smokin’ Aces
- 2007 The Nines
- 2008 Chaos Theory
- 2008 Definitely, Maybe
- 2008 Fireflies in the Garden
- 2009 Adventureland
- 2009 X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- 2009 The Proposal
- 2009 Paper Man
- 2010 Secret Origin: Story Of DC Comics
- 2010 Buried
- 2011 Green Lantern
- 2011 The Change-Up
- 2011 The Whale
- 2012 Safe House
- 2012 Ted
- 2013 The Croods
- 2013 Turbo
- 2013 R.I.P.D.
- 2013 Murder in Manhattan as an Executive Producer
- 2014 The Voices
- 2014 The Captive
- 2014 A Million Ways to Die in the West
- 2015 Mississippi Grind
- 2015 Woman in Gold
- 2015 Self/less
- 2016 Deadpool
- 2016 Criminal
- 2017 Deadpool: No Good Deed
- 2017 Life
- 2017 The Hitman’s Bodyguard
- 2018 Deadpool 2
- 2018 The Little Stranger as a producer
- 2019 Detective Pikachu
- 1991–1993 Fifteen
- 1993–1994 The Odyssey
- 1994 My Name Is Kate
- 1995 The Outer Limits
- 1995 The Marshal
- 1995 Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years
- 1995 Serving in Silence: The Margarethe Cammermeyer Story
- 1996 The X-Files
- 1996 The John Larroquette Show
- 1996 When Friendship Kills
- 1996 Sabrina the Teenage Witch
- 1996 In Cold Blood
- 1997–1998 The Outer Limits
- 1998 Tourist Trap
- 1998–2001 Two Guys and a Girl
- 2003 Scrubs
- 2004–2005 Zeroman
- 2005 School of Life
- 2007 My Boys
- 2009 Saturday Night Live
- 2011–2012, 2017 Family Guy
- 2012 Top Gear
- 2018 King of Mask Singer
Ryan Reynolds Deadpool
Wade Wilson (Ryan Reynolds) is a former Special Forces operative who now works as a mercenary. His world comes crashing down when evil scientist Ajax (Ed Skrein) tortures, disfigures and transforms him into Deadpool. The rogue experiment leaves Deadpool with accelerated healing powers and a twisted sense of humor. With help from mutant allies Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Brianna Hildebrand), Deadpool uses his new skills to hunt down the man who nearly destroyed his life.
Initial release: 21 January 2016 (Taipei)
Director: Tim Miller
Box office: 783.1 million USD
Featured song: Careless Whisper
A sequel, Deadpool 2, was released in May 2018.
Ryan Reynolds Facebook
Ryan Reynolds Twitter
Ryan Reynolds Instagram
Ryan Reynolds Awards
Ryan has received numerous nominations for his performances and several award winnings.
- Critics’ Choice Movie Awards for Best Actor in a Comedy in Deadpool (2016)
- Entertainment Weekly Entertainer of the Year Award for Entertainer of the Year (2016)
- MTV Movie Awards for Best Comedic Performance on Deadpool (2016)
- MTV Movie Awards for Best Fight (shared with Ed Skrein) on Deadpool (2016)
- People’s Choice Awards for Favorite Movie Superhero on Green Lantern (2012)
- People’s Choice Awards for Favorite Action Movie Star on Green Lantern (2012)
- People’s Choice Awards for Favorite Movie Actor on Deadpool (2017)
- Saturn Awards for Best Actor on Deadpool (2017)
- Teen Choice Awards for Choice Movie Scary Scene on The Amityville Horror (2005)
- Teen Choice Awards for Choice Movie: Hissy Fit for the film Deadpool (2016)
Ryan Reynolds Youtube
Ryan Reynolds Quotes
- “Laughing can serve you in dark moments and even help you crawl your way back out.” – Ryan Reynolds
- “When you have expectations, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.” – Ryan Reynolds
- “When you’re growing up in a family without a lot of money and four boys, it can’t always be, ‘Let’s go see a specialist, see if you’re okay.’ If you got hurt, you just walked it off.” – Ryan Reynolds
- “The ‘friend zone’ is like the penalty box of dating, only you can never get out. Once a girl decides you’re her ‘friend,’ it’s game over. You’ve become a complete non-sexual entity in her eyes, like her brother, or a lamp.” – Ryan Reynolds
Ryan Reynolds Interview
Ryan Reynolds Just Opened Up About His Lifelong Struggles With Anxiety
“I was partying and just trying to make myself vanish in some way.
Updated: May 3, 2018
The world may see Ryan Reynolds as the charismatic counterpart to the stunning Blake Lively, father to two precious girls, and a quick-witted actor, but 2010’s Sexiest Man Alive has dealt with some relatable yet grueling personal struggles. In a new interview with The New York Times to promote his upcoming movie, Deadpool 2, the 41-year-old actor spoke candidly about about his lifelong battle with anxiety.
“I have anxiety. I’ve always had anxiety,” he told the publication. “Both in the lighthearted ‘I’m anxious about this’ kind of thing, and I’ve been to the depths of the darker end of the spectrum, which is not fun.”
Reynolds also revealed he went through a “real unhinged phase” in his 20s.
“I was partying and just trying to make myself vanish in some way,” he explained. He would often be “paralyzed by anxiety” when thinking about his future, and even turned to self-medication to get through the dark times, he admitted to NYT. Reynolds ultimately eased up on the partying after a few friends died of overdoses.
Even today, the actor revealed he worries to the point of nausea before any big appearance or live interview—including the upcoming load of press he’ll have to do to promote Deadpool 2. (The film hits theaters May 18.)
“When there’s built-in expectation, your brain always processes that as danger,” he told the Times.
To get through interviews and press appearances, Reynolds said he channels his Deadpool alter-ego, uses the meditation app Headspace, and walks onto set with a “fake it ’till you make it” attitude.
“When the curtain opens, I turn on this knucklehead, and he kind of takes over and goes away again once I walk off set,” he explained. “That’s that great self-defense mechanism. I figure if you’re going to jump off a cliff, you might as well fly.”
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.