Alex Jay Biography
Alex Jay (Alex Andrew Jay) was born on 4th June 1961 in Edinburgh South Africa. He is a media personality who presents the daily Afternoon Drive show on 94.7 Highveld Studio and the game show The Hot Seat which airs on SABC 3.
Alex Jay Age | How Old Is Alex Jay
Alex Jay was born on 4th June 1961 in Edinburgh South Africa. He is 57 years old as of 2018.
Alex Jay Married | Alex Jay Wife
Aalex Jay has been married to Fiona for the past 27 years. Alex said that during their ealy years in the relationship, they did a lot of ” fun stuff”.
Alex Jay Education Background
He attended primary school at Easleigh Primary School in Edenvale. He later attended high school in Potch Boys High School in Potchefstroom where he passed Matric with an exemption. He attended Wits Tech where he did diploma in Theater Technology and extended his studies at the SABC where he completed all the R.A.B audio technology modules offered by them.
Alex Jay Job History
He is the presenter of The Hot Seat which airs in South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) TV.
- 2003- Present: Radio presenter at Highveld Stereo, Primedia.
- 2001-2002: Presenter of Looks2Live which aired on SABC TV.
- 1987- 1989: Presenter of Fas Forward that aired on SABC TV.
- 1986-2002: Radio DJ on Radio 5/5FM
- 1985-2003: Presenter on 5FM
- 1982-1985: Presenter at 702 Talk Radio
- Light engineer at Academy and Brooke Theatres in Johannesurg in South Africa.
- Presenter of Graffitti on SABC TV
- Presenter on AM2Day on SABC TV
Alex Jay Membership
Between 1986 up to 1990 he was the co chair of Divine Existentialist Mission.
After 14 years 947 says goodbye to Alex Jay
Alex Jay NEWS
And he’s back! Alex Jay to take over WorkZone on Jacaranda FM
He is one of the best known voices in South Africa and now legendary radio man, Alex Jay, will be back hosting a daily show on Jacaranda FM. As of 15 October, Jay will take over the 12 to 4pm WorkZone slot on the station.
“Alex and Barney are loved and respected country wide and the change is an opportunity to freshen up our week day offering after the inclusion of Elana Afrika-Bredenkamp earlier in the year,” said Jacaranda FM’s GM, Kevin Fine.
“We have the best of both worlds with two of the longest standing pros in the game on air 6 days a week,” It’s part of our continued commitment to keep offering our audience and advertisers the quality presenters they’ve always enjoyed together with our brilliant mix of music,” he added.
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl.
2. Things Girls Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never, Do.
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Do.
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl.
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do.
8. 10 Things that are Killing Your Kidneys.
It’s not the only change the station is making: Barney Simon moves to the Jacaranda FM Regional broadcast of the WorkZone with Sascha van Gelder broadcasting to Limpopo and Mpumalanga every weekday between 12 and 4pm.
The station has further shored up their weekend offering with both Jay and Simon presenting Weekend Breakfast shows. Barney Simon’s High School Hits Classics will be back on Jacaranda FM every Sunday, between 7am and 10am, while Jay will continue to present Weekend Breakfast on Saturdays between 7 and 10am.