Arthur Mafokate Biography
Arthur Mafokate is a South African kwaito musician and producer. He was born in Soweto, Gauteng province in South Africa and later his family moved to Midrand.
He was a back up dancer for artists including Brenda Fassie, Monwa & Son and Johnny Mokhali.
In 1995 he created his first biggest kwaito hit song ‘Kaffir’. The lyrics reflect the new freedoms that emerged after the political changes of 1994, including the implementation of a new constitution and democratic election system.
The title, “Kaffir,” is a derogatory term used mostly in South Africa as a racial slur to refer to black people. In his song, Mafokate protests against the use of the word “kaffir,” claiming that his employer (called “baas” or boss) would not like to be referred to as “bobbejaan,” or baboon.
He is the founder of the 999 music label- The label is named after the house number of his family home in Chiawelo.
Arthur Mafokate Age – Arthur Mafokate Date of Birth
Arthur Mafokate’s Date of Birth will be updated soon.
Arthur Mafokate Son
Arthur Mafokate’s Son is Arthur Mafokate Junior. The son is a DJ. The young DJ has created his own brand of entertainment and signature performances, including setting himself on fire while performing. AJ also presents Skull Candy Dance Nights on community radio station Mix FM on Sundays.
Arthur Mafokate Children
He has three daughters Owami Mafokate, Arthur Mafokate Jr, Kelello Mafokate and a son Arthur Mafokate Junior.
Arthur Mafokate Wife
This information is being updated.
Arthur Mafokate Albums
- Kwiato Classics The Early 90’s
- Kwaito Classics The Early 90’s
- Die Poppe Sal Dans
- Indestructible African Beats
- The Best Of Arthur
- Vanilla Chocolate
- 20 Kwaito Songs
- ARTHUR MAFOKATE
- Oyi, Oyi
- Kwaito Hits
- Best of Arthur
- New years Hits
- Kwaito: The Sound of South African Hip-Hop
- 2Kwaito Classics The Late 90’s
- Sika Lekhekhe
- Phat Joe Presents 3650 Days Of Kwaito
- Crossing Essos: A Journey Across the Eastern Continent Through Music
- Oyi oyi
- SOUTH AFRICAN HIT Collection 2
- Kwaito South African Hip Hop
- Kwaito Stylee
- Kwaito classics – Vol.1 : the early 90’s
- Kwaito (Sound of South African Hip Hop)
- Kwaito Mix
- Kwaito Coll.
- Kwaito Classics
- Seven Phezulu
- African Music
- Yiyo Yiyo
Arthur Mafokate Songs
- Die Poppe Sal Dans
- Seven Phezulu
- Pule pule
- Gibela Phezulu
- Thulul’ Umoya
- Yiyo Lendawo
- Piki Piki
- Oui Oyi
Arthur Mafokate Awards
- She was the first artist to win the South African Music Awards category of The Song Of The Year.
- At the 2007 FNB South African Music Awards he was recognised for his contribution to this new generation of music.
- 2016: She was honored at the 2016 South African Metro FM Music Awards with the Lifetime Achievement Award for recognition of his 22 year old successful entertainment career.
Arthur Mafokate Assault Allegations
He was accussed of dragging Busisiwe Twala popularly known as Cici on the street with his car during an argument.
According to a police statement deposed by Cici, the domestic fight was prompted by Mafokate. She said he had received a phone call from another woman while they were in the bedroom around 8pm on Thursday.
Mafokate chose to answer the call outside, a move that raised her suspicions that he could be talking to a side chick.
Cici told the police that a few minutes later she heard him giggling and she developed an interest on who Mafokate was speaking to.
Mafokate refused to disclose the identity of the woman on the other side of the line, said Cici.
She said she tried to grab the phone from him, but Mafokate started arguing with her.
Mafokate was arrested and subsequently released on R500 bail.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do