Atandwa Kani Biography
Atandwa Kani was born on 6th June 1984 in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. He is a South African fiolm and theatre actor. He is popularly known for his role as Nelson Mandela on the movie Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom as Nelson Mandela.
Atandwa Kani Age
He was born on 6th June 1984.
He graduated in 2008 with Honours Degree intheatrical performance from the university of Witwatersrand.
He made his international stage debut in The Tempest, a collaboration between the Baxter Theatre Centre and the Royal Shakespeare Company, where he played Ariel alongside his father (Caliban) and Sir Antony Sher (Prospero).
In 2009 he made his United States television debut in the CW Television Natwork program Life is Wild. From 2010 to 2012 he played the role of Thabo in series 5 and 6, plus a brief appearance in series 7, of the original British Wild at Heart.
Atandwa Kani Television Roles
- 90 Plein Street (Season 3) as Jabu Mncube.
- Ashes to Ashes (Season 2) as Buzwe Sihlahla.
- Heartlines (Season 1) as Biko Nokwe.
- High Rollers (Season 1) as Kenny Ngubeni.
- Intersexions (Season 2) as Sambulo.
- It’s Complicated (Season 1&2) as Vumani.
- Kowethu (Season 1) as Sibu Mahlangu.
- Life is Wild (Season 1) as Tumelo.
- Muvhango (Season 1) as Dr Mongezi Zwane.
- The Book of Negroes (Season 1) as New York Jail Guard
Atandwa Kani Movies
- Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom as Nelson Mandela.
Atandwa Kani Wife
He had previously married actor and presenter Thembisa Mdoda. The two met in their first year of university at Wits and became close friends who studied together. In 2015, he married Fikile M Kani.
Atandwa Kani Twins
On Thembisa Mdoda’s first episode of Our Perfect Wedding, stories about Atandwa not being the father to her twin boys emerged. Thembisa said she knew it was Atandwa’s family that leaked the story, as “they had been planning it for a while”.