Bob Mabena Biography
Bob Mabena was born in 1969 in Pretoria, South Africa. He is a South African radio Dj and presenter. He is also the Managing Director at Bob K Mabena Foundation.
Career in Media
Bob started his radio career in 1989 in the then Republic of Bophuthatswana with the now defunct Radio Bop where he presented Afternoon and Breakfast shows. He also presented a Music Video show on Bop TV. After spending three years in the North West and having ventured into television as well; he was recruited by Koos Radebe – Radio Metro station manager – to the national radio station. Bob’s stint at Radio Metro brought with it more national exposure in the form of a variety of TV shows, including “Pick a Tune” and “Studio Mix”, to mention a few. While at Radio Metro, Bob raced professionally in the Group N series for Nissan South Africa.
In 1996, Mabena moved to 94.7 as a mid-morning presenter and soon thereafter he went into management. His first experience with Kaya FM came in 1999, when he joined as the breakfast show host and Programme Manager and later Station Manager. Mabena left On Air presenting for a Primedia Business Development Manager post at Group level for two and half years and this move would prove to be his foray into the business world.
Bob’s next move into the executive world was with the SABC as Executive Manager of Commercial Radio stations; Metro FM, 5FM and GoodHope FM for two years. Soon after that, he was recruited by MRC Radio as director in charge of their radio stations, Gagasi FM and Heart FM. The live radio bug bit again and Mabena rejoined Kaya FM as Breakfast Host and established his own radio consultancy – EndowMedia. In May 2017, Mabena was recruited by MSG Group to head programming for all their radio stations. Added to his new responsibilities is his other role as station manager of Power98.7.
- January 2014 – April 2015: Professional Speaker in “attitude anchoring” and speech coaching at Endow Media.
- March 2011 – Present: Managing Director at Bob K Mabena Foundation.
- 2010 – Present: Managing Director at Endow Media & Marketing
- Managing Director at Makana Radio Communications
- Kaya FM DJ, South African Broadcasting Corporation
- 2007 – 2009: General Manager of SABC Commercial Radio Station.
Awards and Honors
- Best Breakfast Show, MTN (2013)
- Hall of FAME induction, MTN (2012)
- Best Television Presenter, Artes
- Best Rap Artist of the Year, South African Music Awards his album “Funkier-the Re-mixes”
- Best TV Presenter, Artes Award (1995)
- Best radio personality, Artes Award (1994)
Bob Mabena Age
He was born West of Pretoria in 1969.
Bob Mabena Wife – Bob Mabena New Baby
In 2015 he married Eucharist Hadebe and in 2016 they had their first born baby boy.
Bob Mabena Children
Bob is believed to have six children from previous relationships, including one with Zandi Nhlapo. His child with Eucharist is said to be the seventh.
Bob Mabena’s Health – Bob Mabena HIV
Radio veteran Bob Mabena has revealed some of his biggest fears as a 48-year-old man, which include being diagnosed with a lifestyle-related disease, which he said could be avoided by adopting a good diet and regular exercise.
Speaking to TshisaLIVE the radio personality explained that he had stopped going to the gym some time last year but that since then he has buried a scary number of friends to diseases like diabetes and hypertension.
Bob said that at his age HIV was not his biggest worry but rather diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure and heart attacks, which scared him more because a healthy lifestyle could prevent them to some extent.
The radio veteran said part of leading a holistically healthy lifestyle meant that one had to explore different pleasures that life offered. This is also the reason why Bob has started attending theatre plays and polo matches.
Bob Mabena Foundation
Bob Mabena Foundation is a non-profit organization founded by Bob Mabena to bridge the gap between the more affluent children and those living in townships in South Africa.
The foundation aims to improve learning conditions in townships from early childhood development institutions to high schools and tertiary institutions. The Foundation has adopted a school in Pretoria and has already begun to work on enhancing the school’s infrastructure.
Bob Mabena Contact Details
Contact details for booking Bob Mabena : [email protected] / 0813401356
Bob Mabena Latest News: Bob Mabena returns to the airwaves
After being away from the mic for almost one year, radio presenter Bob Mabena will return to the airwaves on Power FM’s breakfast show from March.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Bob joined Power FM’s holding company MSG in May last year as its group head of programming and has filled a more a strategic role at the radio stations within the company.
Power FM made the exciting announcement through a press statement on Thursday afternoon, explaining that the changes were part of a major shakeup to its lineup in celebration of the station’s fifth birthday.
Bob will be joined on the breakfast show by current drive show presenter Thabo Mdluli.
Thabiso TT Tema, the current breakfast show host will take over afternoon drive show.
After more than a decade on Kaya FM, Bob announced his resignation from his breakfast show 180 with Bob in April last year.