Bongani Mkongi Biography
Bongani Mkongi was born on 9th March 1971 Gugulethu in the Western Cape, South Africa. He is a South African politician and the Deputy Minister of Police.
Bongani Mkongi Education Background
- He has a Bachelor of Technology (BTech), Education Commerce from the Cape Penisula University of Technology.
- Higher Diploma in Education, Commercial Education from Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
- He matriculated from Gugulethu Comprehensive School.
Bongani Mkongi Professional Career
- 1998 – 2000: Lecturer/ Educator at Leaf College of Commerce and Engineering.
- 1996 – 1997: Teacher/ Educator at Joe Slovo Comprehensive School.
Bongani Mkongi Political Career
In 1993 when he joined the Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT) he became the General Secretary of the SRC a position he held until 1995 when he became the Deputy President of the SRC.
In 1998 he was elected as Provincial Chairperson of the ANC Youth League in the Western Cape Province.
In 2004 he became the Member of Parliament where he served on various committees. In 2009 after the elections he became the Head in the Office of the then Deputy Minister of Police.
In 2011 became Director of Research and Speech Writing for the Ministry of Sport and Recreation South Africa (SRSA) and later became the Chief of Staff in SRSA until the 2014 Elections.
He became the Member of Parliament after the 2014 election and served in the Portfolio of Trade and Industry.
In 2015 he represented the Parliament of the Republic of South Africa in the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) 2015 Global Conference of young Parliamentarians that took place in Tokyo, Japan.
Bongani Mkongi Contact
Tel: 060 560 2500/ 083 528 0522/ 012 393 2814
Fax: 012 393 2823