Dali Mpofu Biography
Dali Mpofu was born Daluxolo Christopher Mpofu on 26th September 1962 in East London, South Africa. He is an advocate and business executive serving as the President of Southern African Broadcasters Association.
Dali Mpofu Education Background
He attended Mzomhle High School in Unite 1 of Mdantsane township in the Eastern Cape. In 1988 Dali Mpofu completed his Bachelor of Procurement from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg in Gauteng province. In 1992 he completed his LLB also from the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg.
Dali Mpofu Political Career
In 1980 he joined the African National Congress (ANC). He served as Winni Madikizela-Mandela’s deputy on the Social Development Department of the African National Congress(ANC) before the 1994 General Election of South Africa.
In May 1992 he was dismissed from that position following the allegations of misappropriation of funds. In November 2013 he submittted a letter of resignation to the ANC’s Saxonwold branch 17 in the North of Johannesburg in the Gauteng province.
He cited disillusionment with the ANC as the reason for his departure, saying it [the ANC] was not the vehicle to deliver the economic freedom ordinary South Africans need to improve their lives.
He joined Julius Malema‘s newly founded Economic Freedom Fighter (EFF) and claimed that it [EFF] appealed to him because it provided “exciting opportunities” for a new political direction for South Africa.
In 2014 General Election of South Africa he was the Economic Freedom Fighters premier candidate for the Gauteng province although he did not win.
Dali Mpofu Business Career
After the African National Congress’ victory at the 1994 General Election Dali did not hold any government position nor did he go to parliament under Nelson Mandela‘s administration or the subsequent administrations.
Down the years He has remained in the business sector and held numerous positions, among others: Non-Executive Director of Thebe Securities (PTY) Ltd – now Thebe Stockbroking (Pty) Ltd; Director of ABB Powertech; Director of Battery Technologies (Pty) Ltd; Director of Rentech; Director of Powertech; Group Executive Director of Altron Group; Chairman of Utajiri Investments; and Director of Altech.
It is understood that ABB Powertech, Battery Technologies (Pty) Ltd, Powertech and Altech are sister companies and are subsidiaries of Allied Electronics Corporation Limited (Altron Group).
Dali Mpofu have the Advocate of the National Anti-Corruption Task Team since 1999 and Chairman of the National Anti-Corruption Forum since 2001.
In 2002 Dali Mpofu became president of Electronic Industries Federation, a position he held until 2006. In 2004 he became chairman of Victim Support South Africa/ Business Against Crime and held that position until 2005.
In 2005 Dali Mpofu held his most high profile post to date, he became Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) until 2009 when he was dismissed. His time at the SABC was marred by controversy and allegations of financial mismanagement, political interference and sidelining of his (and those of the group) critics.
During the time when he was CEO of the SABC, Dali Mpofu was also the Chairman of the board of Boxing South Africa – a post he also left in 2008 to focus on the SABC.
Also in 2005 he became Council Member of the International Marketing Council of South Africa, a position he has held since. In 2006 Dali Mpofu became the Chairman of the board of Proudly South African and President of Southern African Broadcasters Association; he still hold both those positions to this day.
He is also an Acting Judge for the Labour Court of South Africa and Chairman of the ICT BEE Charter Working Group.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys
4. 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
7. 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
8. Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
Dali Mpofu Career
- 2006 – Present: Board Chair of Proudly South African.
- 2006 – Present: President of Southern African Broadcasters Association.
- 2005 – Present: Council Member of International Marketing Council of South Africa.
- Chairman of ICT BEE Charter Working Group.
- Acting Judge at Labour Court of South Africa
- 2005 – 2008: Group Chief Executive Officer at South African Broadcasting Corporation.
- 2005 – 2008: Board Chair of Boxing South Africa.
- 2004 – 2005: Chairman of Victim Support SA, Business Against Crime.
- 2002 – 2006: President of Electronic Industries Federation.
- 2001 – Present: Chairman of National Anti-Corruption Forum.
- Director at ABB Powertech.
- Non-Executive Director at Thebe Securities.
- Director at Altech
- Chairman at Utajiri Investments.
- Group Executive Director at Corporate Affairs, Altron Group.
- 1999 – Present: Advocate at National Anti-Corruption Task Team
- Director at Powertech.
- Director at Rentech.
- Director at Battery Technologies (Pty) Ltd.
Dali Mpofu Awards
- IT Personality of the Year Award, Computer Society of South Africa.
- 2004: Businessperson of the Year, BBQ magazine, Black Business Quarterly.
Dali Mpofu Age
He was born on 26th September 1962.
Dali Mpofu Family; Dali Mpofu Wife and Children
His wife is Mpumi Nxumalo who she married in 2004. He has four children Sizwe Mpofu-Walsh, Letsema Mpofu, Mncedisi Mpofu, Zwekazi Mpofu
Dali Mpofu Net Worth
At the moment We don’t have any information about Dali Mpofu Net Worth. But If you have information about income, how much money makes – please, fill the form and submit. We will moderate it and publish.
Dali Mpofu Salary
R 15 000
Dali Mpofu Son
Sizwe Mpofu-Walsh (born 4 January 1989)
Advocate Dali Mpofu Contact Details
- Tel: 011-282 3700
- Email: email@example.com