Jamie Bartlett Biography
Jamie Bartlett born in 1966 in Maidenhead, United Kingdom to a South African mother and a British father. He is a South African actor popularly known for his role as the wicked puppet master, David Genaro on Rhythm City that is aired in many African countries such as Kenya, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Cameroon and Ghana.
Jamie Bartlett Education Background
He attended three high schools, Rondebosch High School in Cape Town, St Stithians Boys College in Johannesburg and Brynston High School.
He trained in Speech and Drama at the University of Cape Town.
He has a post graduate masters degree from Chrysalis Theatre Acting School, London.
Jamie Bartlett Career
Jamie Bartlett Television
- In 1997 he acted in The Sexy Girls an action MNET movie.
- He was cast in Isidingo who acted as Mike O’Riley.
- In 2007 he started playing the role of David Genaro in the Rhythm City.
- He guest stars in the South African, Canadian TV series Jozi-H. The TV series is a hospital drama set in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Jamie Bartlett Theatre
- The Fire Raises
- The Great Outdoors
- Cock and Bull Story
- Death of a Colonialist.
Jamie Bartlett Movies
- His career in movie began in 1987 action sequel film American Ninja 2 and subsequently the 1993 American Ninja 5.
- In 2003 he had a supporting role in the romantic drama Beyond Borders, with Angelina Jolie.
- In 2004 he had a supporting role in a British film drama Red Dust, where he played the role of Dirk Hendricks. The film was based on the novel Red Dust by Gillian Slovo.
- In 2007 he played a supportive role on horror thriller ‘Prey’ as Crawford, a professional hunter and guide.
- In 2010 he starred in children’s parable White Lion. The film won the SAFTA awards for Best Cinematography in a feature film, Best Music Composition in a feature film and Best Sound Design in a feature film.
- He has a starring role in the movie, Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom based on the 1994 book Long Walk to Freedom written by former South African president Nelson Mandela.
Jamie Bartlett Awards
- The Crystal Award for Best Actor “Isidingo”
- Vita Award for Best Lead Actor “The Great Outdoors”
- Avanti Television Award for Best Actor “Isidingo”
- Vita Award for Best Actor “Mojo”
- Fleur Du Cap Theatre Award for Best Actor “East”
- Vita Theatre Award for Best Up & Coming Actor “Cock & Bull Story”
- South African Film & Television Award for Best Actor “Rhythm City”
Jamie Bartlett Family
He has a son and was married to actress Camilla Waldman who played Anne de Villiers on Generations